Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bull Druids

Options
  • 03-02-2012 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello again.

I've got another build question for you experts out there. I've started a Tauren Druid - the bull/cow race - now I'm new to WoW and am playing on a server that only goes up to the Lich King story line - and I was curious what you all would suggest with a bull druid.

I know druids are one of the main healer classes, and I'd like my druid to be a fair/decent healer, but I am most interested in his shifting ability - he doesn't have to be the toughest shifter on the block, but I'd like him to be able to hold his own against monsters/encounters - as well as be a decent healer - if that's possible. I know its best to focus on only one tree, but I was wondering if you could take what you want from all three and still havea decent character?

Thoughts? Build ideas?

As always, thank you in advance! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

While I'm still a noob, I know it'd be very hard to be a hybrid of the tank/dps/healer whatever. I know in cataclysm the talent trees have changeda bit so I'm not sure, but you can only go down one tree, which will have points focusing on mainly one thing (tank/dps/healer). However you can unlock dual spec at level 20(I think) so you could spec out in a healing tree, and be able to alterenate between that and the dps tree for instance. So despite not being a hybrid of either you can still play as both at different times.

I think im talking bull****. It's very late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Seatrout00

Well, I've not been playing WoW very long, but I have noticed that you can put points into any of the trees on various charactes, so long as you have enough points on that tree to satisfy the requirement. I don't have many characters, but those that I have generally have a few points on two of the trees, and many points on one tree - the focus tree you want to concentrate on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Assuming you're playing on live servers, you would only be able to use the Cataclysm style talent tree's.

This basically prevents you from using a Hybrid style spec, and you will have to choose a main playstyle. Hybrid trees were removed because most of the time they didn't work very well, and players weren't playing out the full potential of the class.

I can give you the links to some good Druid builds for each spec.

As Balance, you'll spend most of your time in Moonkin form.
    Talent Calculator here

As Feral, if you're going to play as a dps, then stay in Cat form, if you want to give Tanking a shot, then go in Bear form.
    Talent Calculator here

As Restoration, you'll mainly be in the normal Tauren form, but when high pressure healing is needed you can swap to Tree form.
    Talent Calculator here

Enjoy it. Druids can be a lot of fun.

Edit:
    From reading your post you're playing on a Private server. Do yourself a favour and get on the Official servers, which are far better in all ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

it's a bad idea to put talents into all three trees. actually, it's just plain stupid. do yourself a favour and get dual talent spec, probably available at lvl 40 depending on what stage the server you're playing on is at. then you can swap between two specs whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

With the Duel Talent spec I have a healer spec for one, and Hybrid Tank/DPS spec for the other. Means can basically do anything (bar ranged dps) but its either "tank/dps" or heal in one fight, can't do all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

now I'm new to WoW and am playing on a server that only goes up to the Lich King story line

private server?
    so that would probably be the old 41 point talent trees. there anywhere that has those anymore that you can use?

Advertisement