Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only Writer available in Open Offfice

Options
  • 03-02-2012 4:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭

I've installed Open Office, but only Writer is available - all the other applications are greyed out. Do I need to do something extra to install Calc, etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Try reinstalling? Maybe you accidentally ticked a box installing only one item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

Install LibreOffice instead, it has removed a lot of openoffice's bloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Open office has bloat? I must give Libre office a proper go. I've only used it a small bit in trying out some linux distributions and hardly noticed the difference between OO, although Libre is probably getting more work put into development.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Monotype wrote: »
    Try reinstalling? Maybe you accidentally ticked a box installing only one item.

I tried this and it gave an option to modify the install and then options to select what should be installed.

Advertisement