Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Maynooth

Options
  • 03-02-2012 8:45am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else in Maynooth have water?
    I am not sure if it is gone or the stop cock has frozen again:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

You can try pouring a kettle of boiling water on to the stop cock for a start.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If only it was that simple.
    The attached neighbour had water so it was just me again!
    Luckily it only lasted a day this time.
    I filled up some water containers just in case it freezes again tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Moonbeam, if possible run an extension lead into your attic and plug in a lamp with a minimum 60 max 100 watt bulb. This is enough to take the sting out of the cold night. Done the same last year and after a few frozen nights it done the trick when i put it up there. Try to put a board across the beams to stand the lamp on. Don't forget to plug it out in the morning.

Advertisement