If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24" TV

Options
  • 03-02-2012 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Can you please recommend a 24" TV on a tight budget?
    Happy to consider an open box or slightly damaged if a good deal.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Jspuds,

Is 24" the max size you can go? We've got a good deal on a ex display LG 26".

If that's too big check out this little LG LED:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/led-tv/lg/m2450d/lg-m2450d

I've none in stock atm but should be able to get one for you.

Let me know what ya think. :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Hi Chris

Unfortunately I have limited space so TV cannot be any bigger than 680W & 406H with stand.

What model is ex demo and I''ll check the dimensions?

Also how does the 24" LG compare to PanasonicViera TXL24C3?

Regards
    J

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

jspuds wrote: »
    Can you please recommend a 24" TV on a tight budget?
    Happy to consider an open box or slightly damaged if a good deal.

JS,

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you (and I know there's another email outstanding from you which I'll get to tonight / in the morning latest hopefully ;))

Ok here are a few more options - as 24" isn't a popular size I've looked at 22/26" as well..

Philips 22PFL3606h Retail approx €280 - Boardie deal €249.99

Philips 26PFL3606 Retail approx €350 - Boardie deal €299.99

LG M2262 again a 22" but great value at £149.95 / €183.99..

The 2450 Kenny recommends is a cracking TV as well so hopefully that gives you a few choices?

Keep me posted and chat soon..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John

My apologies but I had the Width & Height mixed up on my post so the 26" Philips is too high. I'm limited to 406 max Height which I think rules out 26" range.

I'm leaning toward the Panasonic L24C3B as has 2 HDMI and all the others have 1, what do you think?

Regards
    J

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

jspuds wrote: »
    Thanks John

My apologies but I had the Width & Height mixed up on my post so the 26" Philips is too high. I'm limited to 406 max Height which I think rules out 26" range.

I'm leaning toward the Panasonic L24C3B as has 2 HDMI and all the others have 1, what do you think?

Regards
    J

J

are you wall mounting it or will it be used on it's own pedestal stand?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Pedestal Stand
    JS,

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you (and I know there's another email outstanding from you which I'll get to tonight / in the morning latest hopefully ;))

Ok here are a few more options - as 24" isn't a popular size I've looked at 22/26" as well..

Philips 22PFL3606h Retail approx €280 - Boardie deal €249.99

Philips 26PFL3606 Retail approx €350 - Boardie deal €299.99

LG M2262 again a 22" but great value at £149.95 / €183.99..

The 2450 Kenny recommends is a cracking TV as well so hopefully that gives you a few choices?

Keep me posted and chat soon..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    J

are you wall mounting it or will it be used on it's own pedestal stand?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The Panasonic TV isn't bad, it's a in-store only purchase so would involve a trip to Belfast if you did want to go for it.

What's the TV going to be used for? Just spotted we have this cracker in stock. It's a little bit more expensive than the Panasonic.

We've got one on display and the picture quality is excellent, decent sound too for such a slim TV. Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/3d-tv/lg/dm2350d/lg-dm2350

Little bit more expensive but well worth it. :)

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi Kenny

Unfortunately that TV is too high @ 424 which is strange for a 23", such a pity as it looks excellent.
    It's going in a bedroom and I only have 680W & 406H with stand between furniture.

Regards
    John

Hi John,

That's a shame. :(

Not sure why I haven't suggested this little Sharp yet. 24" with a built in DVD player too. Our current price on this is £229.95 + £12.99 delivery.

Looks like it'll fit in ok too. :)

If you were interested I'd need to order one in. Could hopefully have 1 in for Friday of this week coming.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.