Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specific costs of units and standing charge?

Options
  • 03-02-2012 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭

I've searched long and hard but I invariable cant find the specific costs of Electric Ireland prices per unit of electricity/gas and associated standing charges. I just encounter either 404 errors or I only find the discount percentage. Could a rep (or anyone else) post a link to the per unit and standing charge costs for both electricity and gas. I know I can use bonkers but I'd prefer to view it on the Electric Ireland site. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi cookie1977,

All the details should be accessible via this link. If you're still getting a 404 error please let me know. We can look into it further and in the meantime I could post screenshots for you if you like.

Thanks,

David

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I've gone through all of that but all it shows me is the % discount. I cannot find the exact per unit cost in euro/cent. Can you David? Thanks.

Edit

I eventually found it under the more details. Sorry. Maybe though it could be a little clearer to find? Amalgamated on a single page or pdf? Just a thought. Thanks again.

Hi cookie1977,

Thanks for letting me know how you got on. I did actually get a 404 error myself initially, as I had saved an old shortcut which still had the 'ESBElectricIreland' url, rather than the updated 'ElectricIreland' url. :o I'll look into getting this properly redirected.
    cookie1977 wrote:
    Maybe though it could be a little clearer to find? Amalgamated on a single page or pdf? Just a thought.

I will ensure your feedback is taken on board.

Thanks,

David

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Cheers David. Glad I wasn't alone ;)
    The Sticky posts in the talk to section also contain 404's so maybe they could also be updated

Thanks cookie1977, I thought some of them might alright, I'll get them updated asap. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Sorry for re-opening an old thread... I cannot see a price for unit costs anywhere... I cannot even see the "more details" section.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

shalalala wrote: »
    Sorry for re-opening an old thread... I cannot see a price for unit costs anywhere... I cannot even see the "more details" section.
    Have you tried using a different browser?

More detail link for dual valuesaver:> https://www.electricireland.ie/switchchange/dualValueElec.htm

Davy wrote: »
    Have you tried using a different browser?

More detail link for dual valuesaver:> https://www.electricireland.ie/switchchange/dualValueElec.htm
    I just want the electrics! But thanks for the suggestion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Shalalala,

The standard unit prices for either a 24-hour meter or a dual tariff (NightSaver) meter are at the end of this link: https://www.electricireland.ie/switchchange/pricePlanElec.htm

Go to the final section, named Standard Price Plans, and click on "More details" under Standard Electricity or Standard Electricity NightSaver - whichever applies.

The items above that give details of the costs once our price-plan discounts are applied.

Regards,
    Una

Hi Shalalala,

The standard unit prices for either a 24-hour meter or a dual tariff (NightSaver) meter are at the end of this link: https://www.electricireland.ie/switchchange/pricePlanElec.htm

Go to the final section, named Standard Price Plans, and click on "More details" under Standard Electricity or Standard Electricity NightSaver - whichever applies.

The items above that give details of the costs once our price-plan discounts are applied.

Regards,
    Una

Thank you una. One more question. The night saver meter. Does it cost to install and what hours are classed as night?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Shalalala,

No problem. The NightSaver hours are currently 12 midnight to 9am; they are 11pm to 8am after the clocks go back for winter.

If you use a minimum of four units every night (literally "every" night) during these hours, it would be worth having the day/night meter installed. Less usage than that though, it would not be worth paying the higher day rate. The day/night meter is free to install but there is a charge of approximately €180 to have it removed.

The unit rates with a day/night meter are:

D: 0.1815
    N: 0.0897

So the night rate is less than half that of the day rate.

All the best,
    Una

Advertisement