Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green card interview - Need some advice

Options
  • 03-02-2012 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello
    Won green card, sent forms and all, recently got a letter from KCC about interview date. The problem now is the emigration lawyers i contacted are saying its "extremely unlikely" that i will suceed because of following reasons:
    When i applied for Green card in 2008 via Usafis i was unmarried, only got letter that i won in 2011 and i got married in 2010 and have a child. The lawyers say my application was sent to KCC October 2010 of which i should have updated my status, now these two significant changes (wife and child) whom i included in my forms..will they be a problem at the interview, should i go for it??

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The offical US stance on bringing your spouse to live in the US is described here. If you're not already resident there, I wouldn't hold my breath - especially not since your marriage is a recent one (ie less than 2 years).

I don't mean this rudely, but what are you expecting from People On The Internet that's going to trump what lawyers (ie people who are professionals in this field of the law) can tell you? Is there any particular reason not to attend the interview anyway and see how it goes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Geraldine1

Thanks Fysh, the fees involved are typically on the higher side and they are paid before the interview hence need to decide to take risk or not, why i was asking on this platform was maybe there is one with circumstances that liken mine who went through the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Also remember that this is an Irish website and as such, the information given may not be applicable to you in your country.

Advertisement