Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cure

Options
  • 03-02-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

I assume I'm going to be hanging tomorrow morning, so would the kind people of boards be able to recommend a pub in the city centre for a quiet pint or two where I can read the paper and try and get my head sorted again. Have to kill an hour or two, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

There's a pub that's close to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Battleflag wrote: »
    I assume I'm going to be hanging tomorrow morning, so would the kind people of boards be able to recommend a pub in the city centre for a quiet pint or two where I can read the paper and try and get my head sorted again. Have to kill an hour or two, cheers!

http://www.thepalacebardublin.com/#home/

nice pub & no bastard TV

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Auvers wrote: »

Half right. There most certainly is a TV and tomorrow afternoon the place will be packed with people watching rugby on it.

OP, O'Neill's on Suffolk Street is big enough that there's probably a quiet corner upstairs somewhere during the day.

Auvers wrote: »

On a serious note, good shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

The library bar upstairs in the central hotel. Peace and quiet! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Dord wrote: »
    Peace and quiet! :)
    Everybody says that. And I'm guessing that's why it's always jam-packed when I'm in :rolleyes:

Definitely no TV in the Long Hall on Georges street, head that way

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I was in bankers on Sunday night and quite enjoyed it. Kinda small, nice and cosy. The TV was on which I normally hate with a passion, but it wasn't loud.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The Flowing Tide across from the abbey theatre is a good pub to get your head together..and they have a tiny beer garden as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

I thought The Cure were announcing a date in Dublin!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

cursai wrote: »
    I thought The Cure were announcing a date in Dublin!:(
    Sorry to disappoint!
    Thanks for all the recommendations, I'll just have to hop from pub to pub till I find a quiet one

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

Dord wrote: »
    The library bar upstairs in the central hotel. Peace and quiet! :)

I can't agree with this enough. If you want a quiet pint in a place with no TV, comfy armchairs and a blazing fire this is the place. Can get quite busy on a Sunday with people coming in to read papers so maybe get in before 12 to get a good seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Grogan's,The Castle early on a Saturday is nice for a quiet one again no T.V.

Advertisement