Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I play NTSC Games on a Pal PS2

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Full_TiltKeith

Cool I will try to get one of those converters on adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Cool I will try to get one of those converters on adverts.

While your waiting to pick one up, you can use ESR to run patched images of the games you own. The scope of how to do this though is beyond what the charter permits, as it involves making an iso of your game disc on your pc. Search for ESR Disc Patcher for more information.

It's only a stopgap solution though, & not ideal at all. Definitely pick up an adaptor, it makes for a nice solution

I am having no luck finding it on adverts. I hope I'm looking for the right thing is there any where else I can buy one?

I am having no luck finding it on adverts. I hope I'm looking for the right thing is there any where else I can buy one?

Something like this should be fine.

Edit - this instead, http://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-SATA-Drive-Converter-Cable/dp/B003MQG1UW/ref=pd_cp_ce_2

EnterNow wrote: »
    Something like this should be fine.

Edit - this instead, http://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-SATA-Drive-Converter-Cable/dp/B003MQG1UW/ref=pd_cp_ce_2

So Got a USB/IDE Converter. So now do I need to Rip my NTSC games onto my computer and then transfer them across to the PS2 hard drive via the computer?

If so, how do I rip them onto the PC?

Thanks Guys :)

• Advertisement

So Got a USB/IDE Converter. So now do I need to Rip my NTSC games onto my computer and then transfer them across to the PS2 hard drive via the computer?

If so, how do I rip them onto the PC?

Thanks Guys :)

Can't help you there, as by doing so you have to evade the copyright protection on the disc. That applies whether you own the discs or not, as the disc is protected regardless.

Have you gotten Winhiip yet? That may clear things up for you...

Can't help you there, as by doing so you have to evade the copyright protection on the disc. That applies whether you own the discs or not, as the disc is protected regardless.

Have you gotten Winhiip yet? That may clear things up for you...

Am downloading winhiip as we speak
    :)

Am downloading winhiip as we speak
    :)

I put an NTSC file on the disc now HD loader is sticking on the loading screen on the PS2 and nothings happening??

I put an NTSC file on the disc now HD loader is sticking on the loading screen on the PS2 and nothings happening??

Also I added another NTSC game and now HD loader wants me to format the drive?

Strange, maybe the drive got corrupted somehow by your laptop. Format it again through HDloader, then transfer a game disc onto it via Winhiip. Did you set the drive back to master when putting it in the PS2?

• Advertisement

Phew
    Strange, maybe the drive got corrupted somehow by your laptop. Format it again through HDloader, then transfer a game disc onto it via Winhiip. Did you set the drive back to master when putting it in the PS2?

Phew, ran a scan and repair on the Hard Drive and all is well :D.

Sorry though..... one last problem, Winhiip is transferring the data too fast and the game is installing, but it is stalling and crashing, is there a way to slow down the transfer rate when transfering?

Phew

Phew, ran a scan and repair on the Hard Drive and all is well :D.

Sorry though..... one last problem, Winhiip is transferring the data too fast and the game is installing, but it is stalling and crashing, is there a way to slow down the transfer rate when transfering?

Not that I know of, are the jumper/slave settings correct? Have a look about in the settings of Winhiip...there may be something transfer related

Not that I know of, are the jumper/slave settings correct? Have a look about in the settings of Winhiip...there may be something transfer related

Cool, Ill have a mess around with that tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Would anyone have a FreeMC boot save on a memory card that they could copy for me? I could send on a memory card if someone was able to do it. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Would anyone have a FreeMC boot save on a memory card that they could copy for me? I could send on a memory card if someone was able to do it. PM me if interested.

You still need this done ?
    If you send on a memory card to me I can do it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Ste- wrote: »
    You still need this done ?
    If you send on a memory card to me I can do it for you.

That would be great, I've PM'd you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Hey Ste- could you help a brother out? :pac:

This isn't a Free McBoot request thread. If your looking for the service, please look through the services sticky. If nobody offers it, ask them can they help via pm.

Anyone who can offer the service should list it, otherwise we get threads hijacked such as in this case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Sorry about that, it's just I never seen anyone advertising it here on boards until I happened upon this thread.

jaydoxx wrote: »
    Sorry about that, it's just I never seen anyone advertising it here on boards until I happened upon this thread.

No problems there, I see myself nobody advertises it & its their loss really. Its a tough one to call as technically it's derailing the thread, & I also don't want the forum filling up with FMB request threads either.

If anyone offers this service, can they please list it with their other services

• Advertisement
Advertisement