Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going out in Limerick Friday nights?

• 03-02-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I was wondering could anyone recommend some pubs and clubs for a group of us tonight in Limerick? All girls from 27 to 33. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

this thread will hopefully give you some ideas-

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056529067

i always say it though-

smyths, then icon... :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Where ye staying?
    What time ye plan being out?

Most people will do Nancys/then symths bar/icon nightclub its a fake pub and nightclub where most people in Limerick go

Ye could stay in Nancys late

Try Aubars late bar/small club

Cholessys is a late bar fridays with a band

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Whatever bout ending up in Icon dont waste a night in Limerick doing Symths/Icon

There is plenty of good pubs to go before Icon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Give Bentley's a go tonight. They're hosting a few DJs for their Bunga Bunga theme night and by all accounts it's a brilliant event (haven't been myself).

Steer clear of Smyth's unless you want to have your eardrums assaulted by a terrible cover band and want to shout your conversation to the person beside you.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Bunga bunga is a good laugh, but its fairly heavyweight dance music most nights, along with a fairly heavyweight dance music crowd. I like it there, but the majority of my friends would run a mile!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Smyths/Icon is a bit young for a bunch of girls aged 27-33. I think Aubars on Thomas Street is probably closer to that age group. Paddy Frawley's is the pub and have a live band afaik on Friday nights, the nightclub downstairs is free before midnight and €5 afterwards.

But to be honest Friday night is a bit quiet these days in Limerick unless you go to one of the young cattle markets like D'Icon or Anal Pain.

Even the Lane is quiet. Last time I went on a Friday night it was only the very top floor that was open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

bazz26 wrote: »
    Smyths/Icon is a bit young for a bunch of girls aged 27-33. I think Aubars on Thomas Street is probably closer to that age group. Paddy Frawley's is the pub and have a live band afaik on Friday nights, the nightclub downstairs is free before midnight and €5 afterwards.

But to be honest Friday night is a bit quiet these days in Limerick unless you go to one of the young cattle markets like D'Icon or Anal Pain.

oh come on now Bazz, i dont think a relatively new poster is going to understand the rather dubious reference to Angel Lane nightclub! :D

but just on that idea too that the icon might be too young of a crowd for the OP, i dunno, im 35 myself and i go there, and its ALL age ranges, 18-whatever, one of my friends is 44 and she's able to dance me off the damn floor! :D

course that's fairly easy to do too 'cause i cant dance for sugar! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

xsiborg wrote: »
    oh come on now Bazz, i dont think a relatively new poster is going to understand the rather dubious reference to Angel Lane nightclub! :D

but just on that idea too that the icon might be too young of a crowd for the OP, i dunno, im 35 myself and i go there, and its ALL age ranges, 18-whatever, one of my friends is 44 and she's able to dance me off the damn floor! :D

course that's fairly easy to do too 'cause i cant dance for sugar! :o

Yes there is a dark corner in D'Icon for the old ones who still think they can dance. :) I'm 37 and haven't darkened their door in about 8 years and that was when there were no Trinity Room young migrants going there back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seamus B

Smyth/Icon is over 20's and Nancy's is over 23's, Probably the two best places in Limerick and i rarely go there as the people with me might only be 18 or 19. So on a Fri night this age group can only go to Angel Lane for a Disco night out as Friday nights are just gone in Limerick anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Or Sinbin or Bentleys or Costelloes, but these don't even appear on most peoples radars...

Having said that the city is a disgrace for someone 18 wanting to go out on a weekend night.

I was down to Sin Bin for the first time a few weeks ago, pleasantly surprised. Same music and set-up as the other clubs, but it was great to walk into a club and recognise absolutely no-one other than the people you're with. I think it was mostly 18-19 year olds but at the same time, part of what makes Icon/Angel Lane so annoying is how small Limerick is. You'll see the same faces all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seamus B

Sin Bin isn't' even open on a Friday night... as for Costello's i just wont comment. Angel Lane only had 30 people on Fri night (yes i counted them).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll be in Costello's at least once this week, whatever ye think of it! :P

Costello's is the best spot in town. I would say Wicked Chicken, but I never have anyone to go there with :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

<_<

>_>

Man-date? :pac:

That's gay... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

im very much sick of goin out in Limerick. we ended up goin Costellos last friday night, it was grand, not my kind of place but we had a laugh.

Havent been to the sin bin in well over a year. is it only open on saturday nights now? i always thought it was one of the better clubs in limerick and always had a laugh when in there

Advertisement