Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool v Spurs

Options
  • 03-02-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Big big game, one we dont want to be losing with such a tough run of games coming up. Team selection is a bit up the air until we know for definite if lennon and vdv are fit or not ! Do you play sandro and parker, with luka outside 1 but with a license to float or just play Niko as a straight replacement like the other night ? I would imagine the King will be wheeled out for the night ?

Suarez back in the fold for Liverpool will give them an obvious boost, and with them coming off the back of a couple of very good results, it will prove a tough nut to crack ! Would you take a draw now ? Wouldn't be the end of the world if we did pick up just a point !

Team to be Freidel Walker King Kaboul BAE Niko Parker Modric Bale VDV Adebayor

Live on Sky Sports, get the beer in .... COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Yeah they’ve had a few decent results, but the fact is the football they play is one of the worst in the league. I’ve still no idea how they won against Utd the other week. They hoof the ball forward and defend in numbers.

The majority of their fans are unbearable, (although I’ve a few friends who aren’t colour blind) always harping back to the good auld days, and with every new season there going to win the league.

I hate them more than any other team. It’s great looking down on them with the position were in. I hope we bloody annihilate them come Monday, what's to fear?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have an awful feeling about this game if I'm honest. They owe us for the 4-0 and they like sharp. I'd rip your arm off for a draw right now especially if Chelsea loose on Sunday.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

ziedth wrote: »
    I have an awful feeling about this game if I'm honest. They owe us for the 4-0 and they like sharp. I'd rip your arm off for a draw right now especially if Chelsea loose on Sunday.

Saha and ade to score :-P

Mactard wrote: »
    Saha and ade to score :-P

+1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think we'll win this. The win against Wigan gave us back a lot of confidence, and we've got a far better team than Liverpool. Keep Bellamy and Suarez quiet, and they've got very little else to work with. King and Kaboul should be able to handle any high balls too.

2-0 to Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    what's to fear?[/FONT]

I certainly dont fear them, all Im saying is they are in good form and have there best player reurning and they'll be a tough nut to crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Yeah they’ve had a few decent results, but the fact is the football they play is one of the worst in the league. I’ve still no idea how they won against Utd the other week. They hoof the ball forward and defend in numbers.

The majority of their fans are unbearable, (although I’ve a few friends who aren’t colour blind) always harping back to the good auld days, and with every new season there going to win the league.

I hate them more than any other team. It’s great looking down on them with the position were in. I hope we bloody annihilate them come Monday, what's to fear?

100% agree. Their fans are unbelievable. Its more than 20 years since they won the title yet you would imagine they are world beaters the way the self confessed greatest fans in the World go on. The way they dealt with the Suarez/Evra incident makes me hate them even more. And then there is King Kenny - is their a more despicable character in the game right now.

Manu fans are annoying but they have the trophies to back it up so you just ahve to take it. Arsenal fans are ...... but at least they tried to play decent football. Liverpool are Stoke with money. Did anyone see Aggers goal V manu last week? I rest my case.

I had a smile on my face for about a week after the 4-0 drubbing we gave them in Sept. We tore them apart at Anfield last year and hopefully we can do it again.

COYS!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

BAE has been really poor the last few games. Seems to not be fully switched on. Needs to step it up big-time as the next few games are tough. With sandro and Parker screening, we could go 352 with walker and bale as wing backs. when we've done it, esp at stoke, we have looked fearsome. Kranjcar was good against Wigan, and should be retained for Anfield. Keep the ball, ping it around, give Adam a stitch chasing.
    Team
    Freidel
    Kaboul Dawson King
    Walker Sandro Parker Bale
    Kranjcar Modric
    Adebayor

BAE has been really poor the last few games. Seems to not be fully switched on. Needs to step it up big-time as the next few games are tough. With sandro and Parker screening, we could go 352 with walker and bale as wing backs. when we've done it, esp at stoke, we have looked fearsome. Kranjcar was good against Wigan, and should be retained for Anfield. Keep the ball, ping it around, give Adam a stitch chasing.
    Team
    Freidel
    Kaboul Dawson King
    Walker Sandro Parker Bale
    Kranjcar Modric
    Adebayor

Have we ever started a game in the prem under HR in a 352 formation ? Hardly the time to start now is it mate ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Formation aside, not conceding early will be key

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just came across this whilst browsing and I'm a liverpool fan who has always liked the spurs but the bitterness in this thread is crazy.

Ye are having a great season and would love to see ye win it but ye could falter and finish 4th or 5th too.

We got very close to winning it a few years ago and two champions league finals in the last 7 years means we aint exactly living in the past.

Good luck in the match and a point would be decent result for both sides but I guess we both need the win!

sweetie wrote: »
    Just came across this whilst browsing and I'm a liverpool fan who has always liked the spurs but the bitterness in this thread is crazy.

Ye are having a great season and would love to see ye win it but ye could falter and finish 4th or 5th too.

We got very close to winning it a few years ago and two champions league finals in the last 7 years means we aint exactly living in the past.

Good luck in the match and a point would be decent result for both sides but I guess we both need the win!

It's not all Liverpool fans obviously but I have met some total knobs over the years who are so biassed it's incredible. I have nothing against the club per se but it's those few fans really have me against them. I avoid the soccer forum at all costs but the Suarez incident didn't sit well with me either. If any of ours said what hensaid I wouldn't want him near the club. I never liked Woodgate for example while he was with us.

sweetie wrote: »

Ah no offence mate, I just ended up working with an avid Pool supporter for six years who drove me insane. As I’ve said I’ve several friends who are die hard Pool supporters who know there football...sorry!

It's not all Liverpool fans obviously but I have met some total knobs over the years who are so biassed it's incredible. I have nothing against the club per se but it's those few fans really have me against them. I avoid the soccer forum at all costs but the Suarez incident didn't sit well with me either. If any of ours said what hensaid I wouldn't want him near the club. I never liked Woodgate for example while he was with us.

In fairness, no matter who is playing on tv in the pubs, there is always going to be idiotic biased fans, whether it's liverpool. spurs or the mancs for example. The answer to that is, which I have done for years, is dont watch matches in the pub , watch them at home ;)

Let's not get in to the suarez/woodgate incidents, both are history, let's get on with the football, COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I fancy us here i must say. Am going for 1-3 with Bale Ade and Saha off the bench to get the clincher :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I fancy us here i must say. Am going for 1-3 with Bale Ade and Saha off the bench to get the clincher :D
    Reading Ade could be injured and Saha could start.

I like the look of 352 but I get bad flashbacks of ardlies and hoddle in charge...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Benny, Sandro, Parker, Kranjcar, Modric Bale, Saha

Bit conservative I know, but if Ade, VdV, Defoe and Lennon are all out, it's kinda forced on us and it is a tough place to go.

That is one kick ass midfield too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Important to dominate midfield that's how we won last year. Sandro back is fantasic hear the reception he got when he came on on Monday Fantastic to hear!

On Liverpool fans as with any group of fans they have there "militant" section but because there are so many of them particularly here it probably just gets noticed more.
    The vast majority of them are just like everybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

We have to go with 2 holding mids, in the first half against City we were cack, didn't start playing until Livermore came on. VdV has to start on the bench regardless of fitness, and one of Sandro or Livermore (hopefully it's the former) to start alongside Modric and Parker in the middle. Hopefully Ade is fit, but Saha isn't a bad replacement considering his former clubs. King is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

THFC wrote: »
    We have to go with 2 holding mids, in the first half against City we were cack, didn't start playing until Livermore came on. VdV has to start on the bench regardless of fitness, and one of Sandro or Livermore (hopefully it's the former) to start alongside Modric and Parker in the middle. Hopefully Ade is fit, but Saha isn't a bad replacement considering his former clubs. King is key.

Kind of agree with you, but we all know if VdV is fit he will be starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Saha. Oh god no.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Have to second the bitterness complaint, I was kinda hoping you guys would push the Mancs and Im on board with the good things Harry has done for the club. Not too sure where the hate is coming from, every club has extremist supporters that annoy pretty much everybody.

Is the general concensus here that Liverpool are playing bad football? To be honest I've enjoyed watching Liverpool games since kenny took over, something that could not always be said when Benitez was in charge and never said when Hodgson took over.

Looking forward to the game, I think it will be tight and probably a goal either way will decide it.

^ honestly I thought yea looked great against Wolves and before that I didn't think yea looked any worse then anyone else. Even Carroll is looking like he might not be a total flop.

I generally don't like teams in terms of knob players that they have. In that way (aside from Suarez) there isn't anyone on the Liverpool team who I wouldn't like. Chelsea however....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

^ honestly I thought yea looked great against Wolves and before that I didn't think yea looked any worse then anyone else. Even Carroll is looking like he might not be a total flop.

I generally don't like teams in terms of knob players that they have. In that way (aside from Suarez) there isn't anyone on the Liverpool team who I wouldn't like. Chelsea however....

I personally wouldn't go near Charlie Adam, he is an absolute knacker who goes out to do some damage to players with absolutely no remorse, was delighted to find out Blackpool didn't accept our last minute bid for that little scrote. Them tackles against bale and Parker we're horrendous and chances are he'll pull another tackle like that on Monday.

Hope we stuff pool like we have the past few times we've played them !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Niko shud not be played in this game. He can only play home games against poor opposition. He never tracks back and leaves a gaping hole on the wing

Sandro to start

I also can't stand Adam or daglish. The way daglish sneers in an interview is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I wouldn't take a draw now, no way! We have a far better team!

Bellamy is probably their best player. They were 0 -0 against Wolves at half time and the manager made poor subs and tactical errors which cost them the game.

Liverpool beat Wolves because Wolves couldn't defend. Watch the clip of Andy Carroll's goal, he was jumping up and down waving his hands for a cross and the full back went AWOL.

With Sandro and Parker in front of our back four I can't see us losing. Play Bale through the centre behind whoever is fit to lead the line. 3-1 Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

I wouldn't take a draw now, no way! We have a far better team!

Bellamy is probably their best player. They were 0 -0 against Wolves at half time and the manager made poor subs and tactical errors which cost them the game.

Liverpool beat Wolves because Wolves couldn't defend. Watch the clip of Andy Carroll's goal, he was jumping up and down waving his hands for a cross and the full back went AWOL.

Huh, did you even see the game? We scored in the 52nd minute, no subs on the field at that stage. When they went 2 down he started making subs. Didnt see Carroll jumping up and down either, not too say that there would be anything wrong if he did. He was being marked, badly in fairness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdMpE28stPE&feature=related

And Suarez is our best player in most peoples opinion, although Bellamy is on fire.

Should be a good game, too hard to call but the bookies have us favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Huh, did you even see the game? We scored in the 52nd minute, no subs on the field at that stage. When they went 2 down he started making subs.
    Didn't catch the game but a few Scouse mates were pretty sure Wolves handed the game to Liverpool, as did Wolves chairman http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/01/steve-morgan-wolves
    as did their manager http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16826845
    Didnt see Carroll jumping up and down either, not too say that there would be anything wrong if he did. He was being marked, badly in fairness.
    Perhaps I exaggerated a tad but you get the point, any full back worth his salt would have got in front on the big fella....
    Link doesn't work?
    Should be a good game
    Agreed, I expect goals, coys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Agreed on the comments on Adam. But sure every team has a few unsavoury players, thats life.

Surprised that Liverpool are favourites with the bookies given their tendencey to draw games at anfield.

Would be concerned about Bellamy, he'll have a right go at both our full backs. Any word on Walker?

Hopefully our MF can dominate and thus restrict the supply to Bellamy and Carroll. Should be a good scrap between Kaboul and Carroll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Agreed on the comments on Adam. But sure every team has a few unsavoury players, thats life.

Surprised that Liverpool are favourites with the bookies given their tendencey to draw games at anfield.

Would be concerned about Bellamy, he'll have a right go at both our full backs. Any word on Walker?

Hopefully our MF can dominate and this restrict the supply to Bellamy and Carroll. Should be a good scrap between Kaboul and Carroll.

Advertisement