Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool v Spurs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Agreed on the comments on Adam. But sure every team has a few unsavoury players, thats life.

Surprised that Liverpool are favourites with the bookies given their tendencey to draw games at anfield.

Would be concerned about Bellamy, he'll have a right go at both our full backs. Any word on Walker?

Hopefully our MF can dominate and this restrict the supply to Bellamy and Carroll. Should be a good scrap between Kaboul and Carroll.

Walker fine to start I'd imagine.
    Will carroll start with Suarez available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

He wasn't given a look in on SSN to start.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be surprised if we don't see him on. I'd say he'll start to be honest, but i think Kaboul and King are strong enough to handle both him and Carroll. Walker is quick enough to handle Bellamy's pace as well, so as long as he controls his positioning well, it hopefully shouldn't be a massive issue.

Will be tough, but i think think we'll win. It would be an absolutely massive 3 points if we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Walker fine to start I'd imagine.
    Will carroll start with Suarez available ?

Surely he cant drop Carroll now when he has finally started to play better and score.
    If he does drop him, Carroll is finished at liverpool and will be gone in the summer.

I'm not feeling it at all to be honest and its such a huge game the three points would be brilliant. If we can come away from the bridge still in 3rd at the end of march I'd be confident that we'll finish out the season there. So to be in that position we are going to have to win at least 2 of the "top six" games and maybe draw another.

I kind of like that we have this tough run now because each of our last 8 games are winnable IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Kaboul out tonight :(

Kaboul out tonight :(

source ?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Hatch99 wrote: »
    source ?

It's on his twitter, YounsKabs4.

"Gutted I will not be able to play tonight as my knee kept swollen after the Wigan game...Good luck to my partners and hope we take 3pts."

So Dawson/King? More and more as the day goes on I'd take a point from this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mixer1982

Hi Guys,
    I was hoping to bring my younger bros to Swansea game in March.Badly need to get my hands on Spurs at home to Swans on March 31. Are there any season ticket holders out there? Can't tell you how grateful I would be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Mixer1982 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I was hoping to bring my younger bros to Swansea game in March.Badly need to get my hands on Spurs at home to Swans on March 31. Are there any season ticket holders out there? Can't tell you how grateful I would be?
    Might be easier to start a thread it'll get lost here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

ziedth wrote: »
    So Dawson/King? More and more as the day goes on I'd take a point from this.

I think if we go we'll be ok
    Friedl
    Walker Dawson King BAE

Parker Sandro

Vdv Modric Bale

Adebayor

Big loss in Kaboul being out and Lennon not fit ... but still think we have enough about us to geta result tonight

Mixer1982 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Mate, this is the liverpool match thread, stick it in the ticket thread or a seperate thread, cheers.

RoboClam wrote: »
    It's on his twitter, YounsKabs4.

"Gutted I will not be able to play tonight as my knee kept swollen after the Wigan game...Good luck to my partners and hope we take 3pts."

not that I know much about twitter but is that really his account ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It seems to be the legit account. Shame if he's out, as he's been rock solid for us. If Dawson can get back to how he was before his injury, it hopefully won't make too much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Never thought I'd be saying this but gutted that Kaboul is out and Dawson is in.

Dawson is one of those unlucky defenders who seems to get punished every time he makes a mistake or loses concentration when less capable defenders get lucky and get away with similar mistakes.

Have a feeling that this could be the sort of game that gets determined by a player (or a referee's) mistake.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Anytime I read an unofficial report about a spurs player being injured I think to myself, what's Harry up to :P I'll be disappointed when Kaboul doesn't start but for now I'll let myself believe it's all a tactical ploy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mixer1982

Sorry guys.Wasnt fully sure how to start thread.I guess I thought I'd put it out there to see would people know of any season ticket holders.Il start my own thread now if i can

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Massive game,

Hope we can send the most deluded fans in europe home with their tails between their legs.

Gonna be a tough one if all of the suspected injuries are true

1-0 (Parker), now wouldn't that be the sweetest moment of the season so far

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

From Twitter:

stefanpape29 Stefan Pape
    Coach just left the hotel. No Kaboul, Sandro, VDV, Lennon, JD or King. Oh dear.

King is on the coach, his next tweet points out he made a mistake.

Still a lot of of players missing, not good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    From Twitter:

stefanpape29 Stefan Pape
    Coach just left the hotel. No Kaboul, Sandro, VDV, Lennon, JD or King. Oh dear.

King is on the coach, his next tweet points out he made a mistake.

Still a lot of of players missing, not good!

Until I see the official team sheet, I'm not going to believe anything!

Spurs gone out to 3/1 for the win. Could make a few quid if you fancy us, me I honestly can't see a win but they have proven me wrong a few times this year.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Reports that Harry Redknapp is not going to make the match.

Apparently the private jet carrying him up to Liverpool has tech difficulties and is being delayed.

Reports that Harry Redknapp is not going to make the match.

Apparently the private jet carrying him up to Liverpool has tech difficulties and is being delayed.

This day and age I can't see it mattering too much. I'm sure Joe will be fully clued in and 'Arry can phone in any changes. Still, a distraction we could do without.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Lads we're going out for a backs against the wall performance. Lots of players missing, the gaffer missing and against a club that are rejoicing in our "misfortune"

We're going to fcuking stuff them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Friedel; Walker, Dawson, King, Assou-Ekotto; Livermore, Parker; Kranjcar, Modric, Bale; Adebayor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Friedel; Walker, Dawson, King, Assou-Ekotto; Livermore, Parker; Kranjcar, Modric, Bale; Adebayor.

Livermore and Kranjcar worry me bigtime. They got destroyed at OT playing together opening game of season. Sandro should be playing tonight with lennon and VDV out.

I'm fearing the worst tonight:( Hope i'm wrong.

Is Sandro on the bench?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

ziedth wrote: »
    Is Sandro on the bench?

He's not in squad , must be injured. Our bench is very poor tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

This is one of our weakest line ups of the season

Big big problems here

Advertisement