Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did I do to my Binman???

Options
  • 03-02-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

For some reason, our bin man (formally Dublin Council, now taken over by Panda) now leaves my bin blocking our drive. This used not happen. It doesn’t happen to our neighbours.

At first it was an unusual annoyance, but I've noticed for the past few months, every time there’s a collection, the bin man leave the bin blocking our drive.

Yesterday, the same result, but I noticed that the neighbours bins are left neatly pushed back in where they were left out. Mine, left haphazardly in the middle of the drive way. It’s like they went out of there way to single me out for some retribution.

When I leave out my bins, I leave the handles out and leave it at the side conveniently for them. Of the few times I met them, I was courteous & friendly, as I acknowledge they are doing me a service. Please & thanks are always the way.

Have I committed some faux-pas unwittingly? How long will this "punishment" last?? What the hell did I do to upset them???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Zulu wrote: »
    For some reason, our bin man (formally Dublin Council, now taken over by Panda) now leaves my bin blocking our drive. This used not happen. It doesn’t happen to our neighbours.

At first it was an unusual annoyance, but I've noticed for the past few months, every time there’s a collection, the bin man leave the bin blocking our drive.

Yesterday, the same result, but I noticed that the neighbours bins are left neatly pushed back in where they were left out. Mine, left haphazardly in the middle of the drive way. It’s like they went out of there way to single me out for some retribution.

When I leave out my bins, I leave the handles out and leave it at the side conveniently for them. Of the few times I met them, I was courteous & friendly, as I acknowledge they are doing me a service. Please & thanks are always the way.

Have I committed some faux-pas unwittingly? How long will this "punishment" last?? What the hell did I do to upset them???

they do the same to me all the time, should have to put it back out of the way of the road or blocking driveways, it's a nuisance that is unnecessary and we pay for the service so should get it done right.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

It's really more of a pain seeing as all the neighbours are left back neatly - I really do feel that I've done something wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

have you seen the bin man doing this? Our neighbours always put our bins back, never the binman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Might be worth having a word with Ray Patterson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

tbh wrote: »
    have you seen the bin man doing this? Our neighbours always put our bins back, never the binman

Was thinking the same thing. Could either be that your neighbours don't like you so they couldn't be arsed putting yours back, or some kids walking back from school are pulling it out onto the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

OP they seem to work on autopilot so I wouldn't be taking it personally. It depends where the truck stops and the bins that are grouped together etc. They are grabbed in pairs, so depending on house numbers one could be left perfectly in the same spot and the other at a different house. I suggesting leaving it in a different spot with another bin and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I leave the handles out
    Therein lies your problem! ;)

(Even though the information leaflets request that handles should face the road, all binmen turn the bins around and push them towards the truck in pairs as it's easier and more efficient. The people who write the leaflets sit in offices and never empty bins.)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

There was mention of this on Moncrief yesterday, do your neighbours happen to give the binmen a Christmas box by any chance?

Ha! that was me.

I've no idea if the neighbours do tbh. We're renting. We didn't give them a prezzie at christmas, but, that said, it changed from DCC to Panda after christmas, so how would the new bin men know?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 shanemasseyman

to be honest if i was a bin man id do that for the laugh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Try putting your bin out blocking your drive way and see if they put it back to the side :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

The arse has simply fallen out of the service and I would not hold my breath waiting for an improvment.

Only last week I noticed on Palmer Rd in Rush the bins were left all over the place, some as much as a car width from the path. They are just shoved and left where they stop, or fall

There was rubbish blowing all over the road from their carelessness. This would not have happened with Fingal C.C. and in fairness I have often seen Fingal workers picking up paper as they went along.

People have to get on the phone and complain about this service whether it be the mess the leave behind, blocking drive ways or Roads. The other option is to block the road with your car the next time until the put it right.

Someone needs to explain its a service they provide and YOU pay for.

Now an email to tidy towns Oh I wonder can they be done for littering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

First World Problems huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

@RandolphEsq - If you have nothing of value to add to the thread - don't bother posting.
    Your contribution only serves to drag the thread off topic & potentially encourage other posters to do the same.
    Do not post in this thread again.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Not quite a first world problem but a problem nonetheless when you are trying to get a car off the busy road and bins are scattered everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

LeoB wrote: »
    Not quite a first world problem but a problem nonetheless when you are trying to get a car off the busy road and bins are scattered everywhere.

It was a joke. A play on the fact that people living in a third world country have horrendous struggles to deal with daily, whereas we in the first world consider having to move a bin a few feet or having to get up to answer the door a problem.

It was a joke. A play on ...
    No, we all got that, it just wasn't funny. And, frankly, moronic & childish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

No, we all got that, it just wasn't funny. And, frankly, moronic & childish.

Do you look like your avatar?

Do you look like your avatar?
    Can we keep this on topic?

What exactly is it you want from this thread Randolph?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RandolphEsq banned for a month for ignoring a Moderator instruction not to post in the thread again (with an equally unconstructive post)

• Advertisement
Advertisement