Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation wanted for Galway Races 2012

Options
  • 03-02-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for accommodation for the Galway race week 2012. We need a minimum of 6 double bedrooms. We also need a place that provides duvets, pillows and linen as we have some people coming from overseas!!

Can you PM with details if you have such accommodation available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

I suggest you try some of the short let apartments, like those attached to the Western Hotel. You could also try Corrib Village, I believe the do short lettings over the summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

Thanks but the only problem with apartments is you would need more the one,
    we are hoping for one large house to accommodate us all rather that having to split the group!
    It probably a bit early yet to be looking but trying to get organised in plenty of time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

louise1985 wrote: »
    Thanks but the only problem with apartments is you would need more the one,
    we are hoping for one large house to accommodate us all rather that having to split the group!

Good luck with getting a house around town with 6 or more double rooms. It's not a house you want, it's an apartment block or a mansion.

Your best bet is corrib village, 2/3 houses near each other.

There are home exchange sites you can look at, try googling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

antoobrien wrote: »
    Good luck with getting a house around town with 6 or more double rooms. It's not a house you want, it's an apartment block or a mansion.

Your best bet is corrib village, 2/3 houses near each other.

There are home exchange sites you can look at, try googling them.

Thanks, I'll give it a month or so and see! then I'll try the apartments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ara Musha

You could try Gort na Coiribe on the Headford Road, opposite Dunnes Stores. They do self catering accommodation during the Summer months. They have 5 bedroom houses (sleeps 6 people). Stayed there before. I know it is a popular spot for Race Week but it might be worth your while to give them a ring on (091) xxx. As far as I know bed clothes etc are provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I wouldn't be leaving anything another month, myself ...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Put ads on adverts.ie, daft.ie and similar sites (not here).

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

I stayed in Corrib village for the races one year. It was cheap and cheerful:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Would you thing of booking out a bed and breakfast for yourselves then, ye would have the house to yourselves practically. The Carlton Hotel do apartments aswell I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Would there be any hope at ll of getting a apartments or similar for a stag for about 12 people for 2 nights of the Galway races (even the Monday or Tuesday) at this stage? Done a fair bit of browsing but doesnt appear to be anywhere in Galway itself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Try this place - very new and quite close to the racecourse as well. They do student accommodation during the year and holiday lets over the Summer months. Really nice apartments.

http://www.gmitstudentaccommodation.com/accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shphoto

Hi sorry to jump in on to your thread, (dont know how open a new one)
    we are hoping to take our campervan and boat to galway for the volvo ocean race 2012, has any one got any info on where to safely store boat trailers and maybe wild camp in the area? Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Would there be any hope at ll of getting a apartments or similar for a stag for about 12 people for 2 nights of the Galway races (even the Monday or Tuesday) at this stage? Done a fair bit of browsing but doesnt appear to be anywhere in Galway itself

I wouldn't be advertising yourselves as a stag first off. No one will take you as they have plenty of better options

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

New Thread button top left of forum
    shphoto wrote: »
    Hi sorry to jump in on to your thread, (dont know how open a new one)
    we are hoping to take our campervan and boat to galway for the volvo ocean race 2012, has any one got any info on where to safely store boat trailers and maybe wild camp in the area? Tks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement