Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Investment Website

• 03-02-2012 2:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi all,

Please feel free to review my site: www.market-swings.com

It went live yesterday but I have a few ideas to make it more 'saleable'. :)

I'd appreciate any comments/suggestions etc that I can bear in mind for when I do an overhaul.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

saleable? It's a blog, not a website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭HobbyMan

That's what I mean. I will change it so that when people click on the site link they will land on the 'about me' page and I will advertise the newsletter better.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fokebox

Nice blog ))) I wish you good lucj with it
    Fokebox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

being honest I'm not that impressed with it. It looks very armature to me, mainly because its just a default install of wordpress with from what I can see to be 2 changes made to the twenty ten theme which comes free with wordpress. Them being the background changed to black and the banner image changed to the image you have.

I would hope that the site was pro-bono as it would take the average person with the most basic knowledge of how to build a website litterally 5 minutes to make.

Dark purple and black are rather daunting colours to work with on a website. Personally speaking I would tend to use more approachable and vibrant colours, even pastels if I was trying to sell myself in your line of work.

A few other things pop to mind...

Are the widgets there for a reason?
    Why have you a calendar?
    You own market-swings.com, why are you using marketswings@yahoo.ie as your email address? You should have info@market-swings.com or what not. Whoever set up your website should really take the extra 2 minutes out of their day to create that email account for you.

It really doesn't sell any confidence in your services to me, and I would look into a new website if you are trying to build up a client base with it.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as rude etc, I'm just trying to be honest about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

This forum is more focused on design rather than content. Regardless of how good your content is, from a design perspective, there really is very little there.

If you are serious about the website you need to invest more in to it (either learn more about web design, or hire a designer). Otherwise you'll be spending hours working on content, that nobody is going to be drawn to.

Think of it like a shop...no point in making great products to sell in your shop, but putting no effort in to the design and layout of the shop, because if the shop looks bad nobody is going to come in and see the products in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭benbob65

What is it you want reviewed? It is clearly a personalised template based blog, not a website.

Advertisement