Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 8Mb broadband slow

• 03-02-2012 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi
    Could someone comment on my line stats please?

I on a Vodafone 8Mb connection but I have never got more than 2Mb.

Have had numerous converations with Vodafone tech support and followed all their advise inculding getting the filter on house alarm checked but no improvement at all.

Connection Speed 2528 Kbps Downstream 512 Kbps Upstream
    Line Attenuation 30.6 dB Downstream 17.0 dB Upstream
    Noise Margin 5.5 dB Downstream 18.0 dB Upstream

For what it's worth Digiweb have checked my line and said it can support 18mb...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

maybe try asking in the vodafone forum here and a vodafone rep should get back to you. They have a few employees on the boards answering queries etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

jim is there a dsl filter on every phone socket with a phone attached?

Also how far away is the local exchange from your house?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JimB

I don't have a phone and the only device I have connected to any phone socket is the router so no need for any dsl filters.

I'd say the telephone exchange is between 1.5km and 2km from my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JimB

I got my electrician out and he tidyed up the phone lines and fitted a DSL splitter at the point the phone line comes into the house.

I am now getting the following stats:

Downstream
    Upstream
    Connection Speed
    4128 Kbps
    512 Kbps
    Line Attenuation
    23.7 dB
    13.0 dB
    Noise Margin
    26.2 dB
    20.0 dB

When the electirican left I was getting a connection speed of over 7000 but all the following days morning and night and I am only getting the above speed.

I think Vodafone have reduced my speed again. Any reason based on the above stats why they would have done that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

JimB wrote: »
    I got my electrician out and he tidyed up the phone lines and fitted a DSL splitter at the point the phone line comes into the house.

I am now getting the following stats:

Downstream
    Upstream
    Connection Speed
    4128 Kbps
    512 Kbps
    Line Attenuation
    23.7 dB
    13.0 dB
    Noise Margin
    26.2 dB
    20.0 dB

When the electirican left I was getting a connection speed of over 7000 but all the following days morning and night and I am only getting the above speed.

I think Vodafone have reduced my speed again. Any reason based on the above stats why they would have done that?

No just ask them to change it again, your line is fine

• Advertisement
Advertisement