Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creationwiki makes me laugh, and grind my teeth.

• 03-02-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

This 'information' site both makes me laugh and angers me. It's an odd feeling. I guess it's because it's just so ignorant. Is it trying to explain science with respect to religion, or vice versa? Either way it's garbage.

http://creationwiki.org/Dinosaur
    Based on the Biblical book of Genesis account of history, creationists generally believe that dinosaurs survived the flood of Noah and coinhabited the Earth with mankind for some time.[13] If this is correct, the contribution of humans to dinosaur extinction should be considered. Humans have a natural instinct to kill any animal that possesses a threatening imposition, and reptiles of any significant size are typically killed when in the proximity of human habitats. Large reptiles the size of dinosaurs would certainly be perceived as a threat and slayed by humans that possessed hunting capabilities.

Although I said I find it humourous, I still know that it is dangerous. This wiki site has probably replaced the proper wiki site in many schools in the US, where they teach children about how god put dinosaur bones under the ground as a test. What a prankster!

Has anyone else come across this site? Any other articles of note?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

That has to be a joke, right?

Right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I like to think that websites like that got infiltrated early on by some Poe's Law advocates, who are just writing crazier and crazier entries to see how far they can stretch creationist gullibility.

The alternative is that it's all real, and that's just sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Does that mean Noah had a couple of Trex's and a couple of triceratops etc etc on his boat? Impressive boat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Does that mean Noah had a couple of Trex's and a couple of triceratops etc etc on his boat? Impressive boat!

No, because they all MICRO-evolved from the same kind.:D:cool::o:p;):):(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Is laughing and grinding teeth at the same time medically advisable... or even possible?

I am going to download the funniest thing I can think of and watch it angrily now just to see what happens. If I dislocate anything, you are footing the hospital bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Fossil mammals, like mammoths and "saber-toothed tigers" (e.g., Smilodon), are also often incorrectly called dinosaurs.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

If you think THAT'S impressive, there must have been a couple of these bad boys on board too:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_u6CUqDWU5nw/TUicjDQu5II/AAAAAAAAA0I/F5Y39Ta7K2M/s1600/Argentinosaurus+11.jpg

Largest land animal yet.

Still not as big as the Blue Whale, although certainly impressive. Must have used water tanks like the one used to contain the Humpbacks in Star Trek IV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hShY6xZWVGE

Back to the topic, here's a link to the creationwiki page on Atheism.
    http://creationwiki.org/Atheism
    It should be noted that despite American society being secular and atheistic in theory, 76.5% of Americans call themselves Christian, thus American public society underrepresents and in many cases completely disenfranchises the implementation of the majority opinion: that there is a God. In this sense, the 14.1% of American society which call themselves secularists decide policy, scientific opinion, educational course material, and many other forms of knowledge despite the fact the majority of American society believes in a higher power of some sort.

76.5% seems rather inflated.

Also, is scientific opinion 'safe' in the hands of religious fruit bars? I would think not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Just noticed this page in related links. :Dhttp://creationwiki.org/Dragons Cohabitating with dragons and dinosaurs would have been bloody cool if only it were true. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

I think these people watched too much flintstones as kids

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

And I thought conservapedia was bad

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

What I find hilarious about sites like this is how people have no justifiable
    response to any of the ridiculous claims they make. You can bang your
    head off the wall trying to make some kind of argument yet you're always
    forgetting that the word dinosaur "was coined in 1842 by the creationist
    paleontologist Richard Owen" or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

What I find hilarious about sites like this is how people have no justifiable
    response to any of the ridiculous claims they make. You can bang your
    head off the wall trying to make some kind of argument yet you're always
    forgetting that the word dinosaur "was coined in 1842 by the creationist
    paleontologist Richard Owen" or something like that.

Yeah, some creationist he was. :eek:

Advertisement