Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Jacket - Costellos Thursday Night

• 03-02-2012 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Someone mistakenly (I hope) picked up my jacket from Costellos last night. It was a black Burton jacket, with keys in a pocket. The set of keys includes an old novelty 'Berlin Wall Pass' keyring.

If you've woken up today and realised that you have it, could you please get in contact? Thanks in advance.

Mods, I'm going to post this in LIT and UL as well. Have pm-ed Clareman about it but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

They have a Facebook page CiaranMT. If you contact them they might stick it up on their page for you, you could also post it up yourself but with keys in the jacket it may not be a good idea.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Costellos-Tavern/255634410863

Hope you find it

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Have done. I was talking to them at the end of the night and they took my contact details. Tbh it's annoying, a) because they gave out the wrong jacket to someone, and b) because whoever took it should've realised. It was behind the bar so I'm guessing it was brought home by someone who had a bit too much to drink and didn't cop that it wasn't theirs.

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Have done. I was talking to them at the end of the night and they took my contact details. Tbh it's annoying, a) because they gave out the wrong jacket to someone, and b) because whoever took it should've realised. It was behind the bar so I'm guessing it was brought home by someone who had a bit too much to drink and didn't cop that it wasn't theirs.

That's a balls. They could really do with a proper clokeroom up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Can't understand why they cannot have a half proper cloake room like other places. Charging €2k an item like most other places surely would be a nice little way of making a few extra euro.

h3000 wrote: »
    That's a balls. They could really do with a proper clokeroom up there.

Shtop. Would've been as well off throwing it into what my friend calls 'The Cave' downstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Shtop. Would've been as well off throwing it into what my friend calls 'The Cave' downstairs.

What's the cave? I'm intrigued! I never knew there was somewhere to put costs in there. Usually hide mine behind one of the curtains! :P

It's on the left as you come in the door, between that very front booth and the series of booths along the left of the bar. Not a place I've ever really noticed and I was rather drunk last night so can't describe it any more than that :pac: Not even sure if I'm describing the right area!

bazz26 wrote: »
    Can't understand why they cannot have a half proper cloake room like other places. Charging €2k an item like most other places surely would be a nice little way of making a few extra euro.

€2k a go to mind a coat is a bit steep though :D:D
    What's the cave? I'm intrigued! I never knew there was somewhere to put costs in there. Usually hide mine behind one of the curtains! :P

I'd imagine it's the little alcove over your left shoulder ar you walk into the downstairs bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

didnt they used to have that alcove in the wall near the dance floor, people just threw their jackets there and came back to it later. I valued my clothing so I didnt ever leave my coat jacket down.

They really should have a dedicated cloakroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

h3000 wrote: »
    €2k a go to mind a coat is a bit steep though :D:D

Ha, ha true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

There used to be a cloakroom upstairs years ago (carpet and decor still same I bet) - I remember cause we once bribed one of the Lads to go up to the counter and demand his cloak on the promise of a free pint..... Had to have been there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

There's serious money to be made from cloak rooms you know. Copper's in Dublin made €217,000 in one year alone :eek: http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/kfqlgbaumhkf/rss2/Hope Flan doesn't read this - there'll be a €2 handling fee per jacket, a €4 charge for storage and a €2 retrieval fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Costelloe's is a black hole when it comes to leaving your coat/jacket. I'd say I've lost a dozen of them over the last ten years. The last one was a navy Harrinton jacket I left in behind the bar about a year and a half ago.
    If THAT'S found...pm me ;)

Best of luck Ciaran, hope you get some joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

OP why on earth did you leave your jacket down in there, or indeed anywhere? I mean come on folks, its not like its definitely gonna be there. Going to stellos i either carry my jacket with me or leave it on...

i equate it with people leaving their phones down in shops or in libraries; would you do it in the pub/street? you're in public and you're trusting everyone else out there is as nice as you are....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

constantg wrote: »
    OP why on earth did you leave your jacket down in there, or indeed anywhere? I mean come on folks, its not like its definitely gonna be there. Going to stellos i either carry my jacket with me or leave it on...

i equate it with people leaving their phones down in shops or in libraries; would you do it in the pub/street? you're in public and you're trusting everyone else out there is as nice as you are....

Rub salt in the wound much?

And who calls it Stellos?

constantg wrote: »

I left it with the staff behind the bar.

Mods, this can be closed. Jacket was handed in today, keys and all :)

Mods, this can be closed. Jacket was handed in today, keys and all :)

Excellent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement