Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Built like a badgers ass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

today
    B day
    I took an actifed when I got up and think this took the wind out of my sail in the gym-felt a bit weak and not up for it, time to suck it up and grow a pair :cool:

Barbell Curl
    35x17 2rp
    1st failure came earlier than normal came good though

Squat
    150x4
    Was wary of pushing it when felt crap-so then I went and got a realitively easy 4, shame on me for not getting at least 1 more rep

Squat
    85x20

Hamstring curl
    50x31 2rp made it as hard as possible

cable reverse curl(thats what Im calling them anyway-done 1 handed)
    2x30 2rp

A Day

Dumbell Bench
    30x15 2rp

V Grip Pulldown
    150x14 2rp

Hammer Overhead Press facing in
    60x17 2rp
    I wanted a 3rd shoulder exercise instead of the 2 I normally do and warmed up on the smith machine-it felt rubbish so tried this and felt great

Cable Tricep extention
    4x23 2rp
    Again only did this as a change, the gym owner suggested this movement, I wasnt sold on it but hes a tank so his 120kg beats my skeptisim every time!

Wide Grip Pulldown
    62x17 no rest

stretches

Standing Cable crunch

good session-possibly as it wasnt 7am and I was awake!

Weight-90kg at last, happy with that and unlike last time I was 90kg its minus the belly......kind of!

B Day
    Incline Dumbell Curl
    12x17 2rp

Squat
    150x5
    Felt nice and solid-kept form pretty sound

Squat
    90x20
    realised its been a while since I upped the weight on these so it was time-nothings going to grow doing the same old same old!

RDL
    60x12 straight set
    just feeling my way back into them

A Day (Monday)

Hammer Strength Bench
    80x18 2rp

V Grip Pulldown
    150x15 2rp

Dumbell Overhead Press
    18x16 2rp

T Bar Row
    30x20 1rp-finally doing them properly instead of doing some balls of a full body movement-moral of the story-start too light

Dip
    20x16 2rp

B Day (yesterday)

Dumbell Curl
    15x18 2rp

Squat
    150x6 PR!

Squat
    90x20

RDL
    50x15 straight set

Reverse Cable Curl
    3x28 2rp

Weight 90.8kg

• Advertisement

A Day
    Went in a day early as had a few hours off and an 11am start is always preferable to having to get up at dawn as per a normal friday.

Was supposed to Bench but it was taken so switched to..
    Dumbell Bench
    30x18 1rp
    Did 3 reps more than last time and easily couldve done more. No idea why it was so easy.

Neutral Grip Pull Ups
    16 2rp
    1 more than last time so going to failure wasnt the car crash I half expected it to be.

Hammer Overhead press
    65x15 2rp

Power Pushdowns
    9x24 1rp
    Seen these on a powerlifters log on t nation tried to find a video of it but no luck. Basically imagine doing the same motion as a close grip bench to the neck or face, you get your head to one side of the cable and lean down over the bar/rope.
    If it works as well as hurts its a winner!

Stretches

Standing cable crunches x 20 2 sets
    leg raises

B Day
    After having a good session last thurs I decided to take a mini break and do nothing untill today as I tend to need a deload soon after a particularly good day in the gym and I think Ive dodged the need to do a proper deload.

Barbell Curl
    40x16 2rp

Squat
    150x7 PR!
    Happy with that!

Squat
    95x16
    Decided to cut it short as I dont want to take away from next times heavy set of squats

RDL
    60x15 straight set

Reverse Dumbell Curl
    9x23 2rp
    felt weird but thought Id give them a go after seeing them on intensemuscle, might stick at them for another while

Hamstring and psoas stretch

A Day

Flat Bench
    70x17 2rp
    Dropped the weight a bit to get the reps back up, ill be keeping the reps in or about the 15-17 mark

V Grip Pulldown
    150x18 2rp

Facing in Overhead Hammer press
    62x17 2rp

Power Pushdown
    11x22 2rp
    Im liking these!

Wide Grip Pulldown
    75x20 1rp

yesterday

B Day
    Incline Curl
    15x16 2rp
    the set felt normal enough but every since arms felt wrecked and twitchy ever since-can still feel them now

Squat
    155 x 5 PR!..again
    for a 3% increase in weight Im surprised how much heavier it felt than my last day squating, deliberately kept a rep in the tank as Im squating again fri but to be honest I thought I still wouldve hit 6 reps with 1 to spare

Squat
    95x16
    Again held back as Ive 1 eye on fri and dont want to impeed the top set

Reverse cable Curl
    4x24 2rp meh!

A Day
    Hammer bench
    85x18 1rp

Dumbell Row
    27x20 1rp

Dumbell Overhead Press
    18x17 2rp

Tbar Row-Wide Grip
    35x23 2rp

Dip
    20x17 2rp

• Advertisement

B Day
    a less than stellar session, probably a combination of 2 nights going to bed too late and possibly getting near to needing a proper deload or 'cruise' as Dante Trudel calls it.
    Back was also very tight from the cold when I got up and just got tighter as the morning went on.

Dumbell Curl-seated
    15x19 2 rp

Squat
    155x5
    Back was failing-I GMed the 5th rep so left it at that-was aiming for 6 minimum

Squat
    95x16
    even this felt heavy after 5 reps, Ill start a cycle of growapairabol next week and see what happens.
    In the meantime, more sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

You've been squatting like a fiend for the past few days, it'll beat you up.

DamienH wrote: »
    You've been squatting like a fiend for the past few days, it'll beat you up.

cheers-n its feeling fiendish too. Ill feel it out on my warm ups next week and then either drop the weight slightly or carry on. Even during the warm ups I was starting to get tired yesterday

Im back and Im baad! I was in need of a deload so took a week off instead of a proper deload, cant be bothered with getting up at silly o'clock to go lifting warm up weights as a top set.
    Started back with the squat session when it shouldve been the A session, I could retrospectively reason that I did it so Id have 2 squat sessions in the 1st week to get back in the squat groove on monday and be hitting PR territory on friday......truth is I only switched it around because I felt like it! :D

Barbell Curl
    40x16 2rp probably shouldve started at a lower weight and shot for 20 reps just for a change of stimulus-maybe after my next deload

Squat
    145x6
    Just feeling my way back into it-kept it as explosive as possible.
    My gym has an A frame shaped squat rack, even though the bar is an elbow to finger tip from the front of the rack, I still smacked my head on it getting under the bar.......I wish my squat was bigger and my head smaller!

Squat
    90x18
    legs are feeling it now-probably shouldve done some RDLs after but hadnt planned that beforehand so had no time

(yesterday) A Day

Dumbell Bench
    27 1/2 x 16 2rp
    I dropped the weight a bit to up the reps up didnt get as many as I planned-18s the target next time!

Dumbell Row
    30x24 2rp
    thought these werent doing anything then 5 mins after the set I got cramp on both sides of my back so I stand corrected!

Overhead Hammer Press
    60x16 2rp

JPR
    20x17 2rp
    Ive gotten weak at these-Im feeling them today though

B Day
    It was warm, stuffy and no breeze in the gym this morning, was like training with 6 hoodies on-at the end of the session I noticed the radiators were on! :confused:

Incline Dumbell Curl
    16x16 2rp

Squat
    150x6
    even putting the plates on in the warm up sets was hard going

Squat
    95x17
    just went to my happy place and ploughed through it

A day

Flat Bench
    72x18 2rp
    After years of reading about trying to pull the bar apart when benching but never really getting it, it just just came to me to try it again today and finally I got it. Didnt really up my bench by much in terms of amount of reps but definitely made them more explosive.

V Grip
    150x14 2rp
    reps down from last time but no wonder after using my new found benching tekkers!

Facing in Overhead Hammer Press
    65x19 2rp
    Happy with the way these keep progressing

Power Pushdowns
    12x23 2rp
    1 day 1 of my hands will slip from the bar and Ill take the head or face off myself but until then ill keep banging them out

Wide Grip Pulldown
    87 1/2x20 2rp

B Day

Dumbell Curl
    15x22 2rp
    That was basically my days cardio!

Squats
    155 x 6
    After rep 1 the other 2 lads in the gym stopped what they were at and just stared which was seriously off putting when youre not used to it.

Squat
    90x19

Romainians
    80x12
    Started to really feel it in the top of the quads towards the end, possibly I was bending my knees too much?

Standing cable crunches

Leg Raises

A Day

Incline Hammer Bench
    80x18 2rp

Dumbell Row
    30x24 2rp

Dumbell OH Press
    18x15 2rp
    Surprised how low my reps were-felt it alot in the rear delts

Wide Grip T Bar Row
    40x22 2rp
    getting the hang of these

B Day
    Barbell Curl
    40x18 2rp

Squat
    155x3
    warm ups felt heavy and felt my flexor. I GM'd the last rep so cut it short before something went pop so I went and did.....

GM
    60x12
    been a long time since I did these, felt great and once Im back to 90 or 100 I wont be coming up ass 1st on squats

Reverse Lunges
    15x13
    I did reverse as opposed to forward as forward lunges can be prone to leaning forward on the way up. These wrecked me, I think my whole posterior chains feeble not just my back.

The DC plan recommends once you stall consistantly on a lift then its time to rotate it out so I be leaving out squats for a few weeks.

• Advertisement

A Day
    Dumbell Bench
    27 1/2x18 2rp

Pull Up
    15 (bodyweight) 2rp

Wide Grip Military Press
    30x17 2rp
    The lack of weight is a major kick in the hole for next time

reverse fly
    30x25 2rp

JPR off a step
    20x18 2rp

Starting to lower and raise my carbs depending on if Im lifting that day of not, nothing fancy just a matter of more oats in my shakes(e.g. 1st in the morning is literally a full shaker along with 3 scoops of whey) or almost none and possibly a breakie with no refined carbs

last fri
    B Day

Incline Dumbell Curl
    16x17 2rp

Hack Squat
    130x10

balls of a session, slept in and took longer than I expected to warm up-ill just count it as a deload session and leave it at that

A Day
    Flat Bench
    75x12 2rp
    failed much sooner than I expected, it caught me off guard, wont happen next time

V Grip Pulldown
    150x15 2rp

Face in OH Hammer press
    67x18 2rp

sessions will be shorter than normal for the next while as starting work earlier so itll be real back to basics stuff for the next while

B day

Dumbell Curl
    17 1/2x15 2rp

Smith Squat......yeah I know!
    90x10
    My squats plateaued so came to the conclusion Ive to rotate it out for a while, 1st chance I get ill rotate it back in. When I look at the log book now I keep thinking wheres the stimulus for adaptation? and squatting give or take the same weight for about the same reps repeatedly has none.
    Ive never liked the smith machine, but it will have to do as Ive not many choices for compound leg stuff. This felt surprisingly heavy

Smith Squat
    50x20

Romanians
    60x12

In a proper DC training set up you only squat every 3rd leg day when its one of your 3 compound lifts for legs-I was slow to not squat every leg day as I progressed so much now its more like the genuine DC set up

A day

Incline Hammer Bench
    85x14 2rp

Dumbell Row
    35x15 2rp

Behind The Neck Smith Press
    20x9 2rp
    I was appalled at thelack of reps but then I remembered the empty bar still weighed a good bit.......then I remembered its 15-20kg and I was appalled again!
    Still not to worry, felt effective

T Bar Row
    45x19 2rp

Dips
    20x14 2rp
    was a bit fried at this stage so came up a bit short

B Day
    Barbell curl
    45x12 2rp

Front Smith Squat
    30x10 1 rp
    absolutely hated this, felt awkward after the 1st 5 reps. I picked it as I need 3 compound leg exercises, I didnt want to have to concentrate on keeping the bar in position at the bottom of the front squat. Instead, the top of the hooks kept clipping the catches on the way up.
    Might just do regular front squats with straps on the bar net time.

Romanians
    70x15

Dumbell step up
    17x6 17x16
    just finding my feet with it but it feels brilliant. Surprisingly hard but straightforeward, got the idea off a britains strongest man competitor log, if its good enough for him.....

Mixed bag of a day, the step up thing is a real find, the smith squat was a balls, need a new compound leg lift

last friday
    A Day

Incline Dumbell bench
    30x14 2rp

Pullup
    BW 16 2rp

Wide Grip Military Press
    32x18 2rp
    Used the widest grip possible in a rack and by the end my neck and traps were hurting so much I thought I pulled something (hadnt though) v effective

Reverse machine Fly
    35x17 2rp

JPR
    20x21 2rp
    nice increase in reps here-Ive doubled my creatine intake so maybe that helped

Anyone wondering what Im at changing lifts so often this explains it far more succinct way than most sources Ive seen
    http://www.wannabebig.com/training/dc-training-declassified-the-definitive-guide/

B Day

Incline Dumbell Curl
    16 1/4x17 2rp

Hack Squat
    170x6
    at last, for the 1st time in a few sessions Im doing something properly heavy for legs

GM
    70x15 straight set

lunge
    15x15 straight set

My plan in general for legs is to do a heavy lift, do something for my back and then a widowmaker/highish rep single leg movement

A day

Flat bench
    75x13 2rp
    Very unimpressed with this, maybe its because Im comparing it to my old 1RM
    but either way progress is much slower than Id like

V Grip Pulldown
    150x16 2rp

Facing in Overhead Hammer Press
    70x17 2rp
    These were great, gym owner helped me do a couple of negatives after rep 17 and I lost most of the feeling in my shoulders for a min

Widegrip Pulldown
    87 1/2 x 24 2rp

Power Pushdown
    13x21 2rp

• Advertisement

B Day

Dumbell Curl
    17 1/2x17 2rp

Smith Squat
    100x6 straight set
    I hate this thing

Romanians
    75x14 straight set

Smith Squat
    55x18

Its a funny spot my gym, on wed the guy working there stayed way over time waiting for his replacement to come in and then turned to a regular and said "You're in charge" and then left.
    This morning in the changing rooms I found a beer bottle top

Advertisement