Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accepting credit cards at the counter..where to start?

Options
  • 03-02-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

OK so you set up a small business retail unit..you wish to accept credit cards at the counter....steps?? How do you go about setting all this up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mazimillion

Hi, You need to speak to Merchant Services in your Bank. They set you up with a machine and generally there is a monthly rental charge. I am with Ulster Bank and I think I pay around €35 per Month. If you are looking to set up online payments you would need to go Realex, Paypal Etc. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

not to hijack the thread but what about accepting laser?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

If you are looking to set up online payments you would need to go Realex, Paypal Etc. Hope this helps.

What's wrong with direct bank transfers? I have a shop which also does online transactions and we don't find the need to use Paypal or anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

not to hijack the thread but what about accepting laser?

The same account handles Laser transactions.

Advertisement