Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which direction to Point Router Aerials to get the best signal Downstairs?

Options
  • 03-02-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi there, Which angle should I point my modem aerials to get the best possible spread of WIFI in the house. The thomson modem is in the front second floor single bedroom at the very front of the house. The engineer left them pointed straight up and said it doesnt make a huge difference as its very powerful.
    Should I be angling them at a 90 degree angle? I read somewhere the signal comes out much like a dough nut shape from the aerial? If so that would suggest i tilt one towards the back of the house and one to the front. Indeed is one for show or do the both antenna actually send a signal? Pic attached of modem
    any info appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 fr_ted

Hi Snazzy_Chazzy,

I assume by your post there is an issue with reception in your house. Usually vertically positioned antenna's will be fine. unless your house is a 4 story building. Put 1 antenna vertical and 1 horizontal.

Cheers
    T

Advertisement