Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Fare? sounds like my niece (tourist) was fleeced

Options
  • 03-02-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Ok I know taxi lads frequent this forum, how much should a cab be from airport to mount prospect ave clontarf be aprox 7pm thur?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Depending on bags and passengers fifteen to twenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Depending on bags and passengers fifteen to twenty.

You can't be charged for bags any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

3 Dutch students 38 blips! anudda scum rip off artist, suppose thats why everyone hates them. girls of course were not offered or given a receipt, hope "the nice as pie" wnker gets what he deserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

3 Dutch students 38 blips! anudda scum rip off artist, suppose thats why everyone hates them. girls of course were not offered or given a receipt, hope "the nice as pie" wnker gets what he deserves.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Davy wrote: »

An 8 quid difference between the two fares!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

the price difference is to allow for traffic. in heavy or slow moving traffic most trips can cost more.

depending on the route taken and the traffic then i could see the airport - clontarf being around €30 at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Sister Assumpta

Baneblade wrote: »

depending on the route taken and the traffic then i could see the airport - clontarf being around €30 at that time
    Indeed. The wrong and the long route, I should say.

€38 from the airport down to to Clontarf, at 7pm in the evening is difficult to justify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Chances are he has a criminal record too.

Absolute scum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

NickDrake wrote: »

Absolute scum

Quite the assumption:rolleyes:

Sounds like they were ripped off alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

Absolute scum

Doubt it.

I'v paid around the €20.00 mark each time from the airport to Raheny. Peak traffic times too.

I suppose its a lesson they have learnt for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Absolute scum

If either of you post IN THIS THREAD again I'll ban you for one month.

And your cards are marked as far as this forum is concerned, anymore posting with that attitude or using language like that and I'll consider a considerably longer ban.

Fair warning, you have beem warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

€25 to go from tralee to banna,exactly 7miles.and they whinge abiut booze cruzin

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Absolute scum

Fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

I've been living in Dublin for 5 years and at a guess 50% of my experiences have been negative. What did I do? I simply stopped using them, I now bike dart and bus everywhere.

I work for a large blue chip which involves foreign travel and trips to the airport every second week (50 euro each way taxi fare). I've resorted to driving and parking in the airport to avoid putting money in taxi drivers pockets!

Taxi drivers are under the illusion that they are entitled to 70k a year. For an unskilled job requiring no qualifications they should count themselves lucky to pull in the average industrial wage.

You will know better next time, how about you offer to collect your niece from the airport the next time.

As with all services and products, if people are willing to pay and not take action nothing will change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Fool.

BANNED.

Advertisement