Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bright horizons montessori or westwood montessori clontarf?

Options
  • 03-02-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

my child is eligible as per ecce scheme from this september. and tried bright horizons in east point business park and westwood fitzone montessori clontarf.. both of them said they have place for my child n have to pay 150 euros (refundable) just to confirm the place.would like to know other parents opinions and reviews on both of these places to help me decide which one should i opt for
    thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

okay i think they both have some benifits like
    westwood montessori-they take kids for swimming and fitzone(kind of adventure zone) once every week
    while in bright horizon they focus on independence of the child , seems to me that they are giving master key to life to a child

while the issue with the former is we smelt a strong chlorine smell in the room where children spend their time and felt a bit more strict and dark
    and issue with the later was they kept all the kids paid and ecce kids togather so just worried that there may be a lot of kids that may stop my child to open up

dont know what to do:rolleyes:
    even if u are not familiar of any of them,can any1 suggest anything from my description if possible? plz?!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Hi There,

My son has been attending Bright Horizons in Clontarf full time for the past 18 months. I am extremely satisfied with them, staff is fantastic, my son (2 years and 1/2) is super happy there. They do encourage independence, which I find great. I cannot comment on the ECCE scheme though.

I did visit the Westwood creche at the time when I was looking for a creche, and got really bad vibes from them, they were not very welcoming although I had an appointment and same as you I found the room very dark and smelt chlorine. The fact that kids never get out of this room all day made my decision easy, we went for Bright horizons.

In Bright Horizons, kids do get out at least once a day, they have a good outdoor playground, they also have a library and a music area, so kids are not confined in the same room all day.

PM me if you want specific info about Bright Horizons!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

thanks for your reply and thoughts Claire! yes finally we decided to go with bright horizons and paid the deposit for it to book the place,she will start it from september,hopefully everything goes well!

Advertisement