Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Okami vs Zelda

Options
  • 03-02-2012 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

I am currently playing through okami at the moment and i cant help but feeling okami does zelda better than zelda ..
    Dont get me wrong zelda great and i really liked ocarina of time , twilight princess and skyward sword but from what ive played of okami i love from its graphics that looks like a painting coming to life, combat feels more fluid and im really loving the music, and i feel amaterasu is more badass than link.my only complaint is the annoying noises characters make when they talk...
    Am i the only one who think this ?

:pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I love Okami, I really do. It's such a beautiful game in the way it integrates Japanese folklore and artistic history. There's also something extremely satisfying about restoring beauty to the gameworld.

However, I'm probably alone in this, but I also think the gameplay is one-note compared to the best Zeldas. Okami is and feels like a really long game, and there are a few false endings that lead to yet more chapters that lack the surprise or invention of the earlier segments.

Compared to the best Zeldas, it feels stretched. At hour 32 of Skyward Sword now, and the amount of variety and game-changing surprises throughout is staggering. The very rare moment of repetition - including an unnecessary return to one dungeon - are rare moments that simply reinforce how brilliantly designed the game is. There's never a temptation to quit. With Okami, there were moments in the second half where I questioned whether it was worth sticking with. And while there's always a visual treat around the corner, it still feels padded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Doesn't Okami also just end and send you back to the start again but with all your abilities straight away? I just remember it was a "oh I'm finished ... and I get to do it all over again ..."

Advertisement