Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curry's 'Sale'

• 03-02-2012 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Posted this in their threads and will be interesting to see if I get a response

Checked locally for the HP 30127 which was €479, and told its a clearance model, out of stock locally but was available in Blachardstown, whom it turned out were out of stock, but Swords had them. The sale is on until Monday. My Girlfriend went out to Blanchardstown first and then was sent to Swords to get one as they were in stock there.

Of course, the fact that the sale is on til Monday doesn't seem to affect that store, they jacked the price up to €519 this morning or last night apparently, this on a clearance line in the middle of a sale.

Needless to say I told her to leave it, its real rip off Ireland. I'll be doing some research online for laptops from the UK over the weekend.

I'dd be delighted to say what I think of Currys and their service from now on. As time goes on Irish people will start to stop taking BS like this and I am damn sure there was no good reason to hike the price up like that. Delighted not to be spending with them now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Posted this in their threads and will be interesting to see if I get a response

Checked locally for the HP 30127 which was €479, and told its a clearance model, out of stock locally but was available in Blachardstown, whom it turned out were out of stock, but Swords had them. The sale is on until Monday. My Girlfriend went out to Blanchardstown first and then was sent to Swords to get one as they were in stock there.

Of course, the fact that the sale is on til Monday doesn't seem to affect that store, they jacked the price up to €519 this morning or last night apparently, this on a clearance line in the middle of a sale.

Needless to say I told her to leave it, its real rip off Ireland. I'll be doing some research online for laptops from the UK over the weekend.

I'dd be delighted to say what I think of Currys and their service from now on. As time goes on Irish people will start to stop taking BS like this and I am damn sure there was no good reason to hike the price up like that. Delighted not to be spending with them now

Does this model of Laptop even exist ?
    The only hit on google for it is this thread :)

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

One thing about Pc world in blanchardstown , it's the only shop I have ever seen with a notice up saying "Abuse towards our staff members will not be tolerated, CCTV in use" similar to the signs in the hospital waiting room, C.W.O. Office etc
    Says it all really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Totally agree with you mistermouse!

Our printer gave up after 8 years... so i did my research and settled on the kodak hero 5.1 all in one.

I headed off to our local currys and found it at €139.99 Linky

Luckly i had checked amazon uk and found it at £79.00 (€95.00) Linky

There was approx a €3 debit card currency transaction fee but still a €42 difference!

I bought it on amazon (fair enough i had to wait three days for it to arrive) and used the €42 difference to treat the kids to an afternoon out in a play centre followed by pizza and a dvd! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

I got a printer before xmas in Harvey Normans for 68euro, it was a 120euro model, half(ish) price for the sales, thought it was great so got it, bloody brilliant little thing, was in Currys a couple days later and they were having a sale, half price, same printer, 100euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

zef wrote: »
    One thing about Pc world in blanchardstown , it's the only shop I have ever seen with a notice up saying "Abuse towards our staff members will not be tolerated, CCTV in use" similar to the signs in the hospital waiting room, C.W.O. Office etc
    Says it all really...

Well people go into these shops looking for prices near to online prices(from other countries) and then get pissed off when they find out they have to pay a couple hundred more

• Advertisement
Advertisement