Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pubs to watch the Six Nations on Sunday

Options
  • 03-02-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Any good pubs who are showing Six Nations on Sunday? Good atmosphere, big screens and some nice grub and pitchers available preferrably.

Thinking of Porterhouse, The Woloshed atm, any other ideas? Would also like a place where beer is around 3-4 euro, none of your crazy 5 euro stuff!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

Sinnots off Stephens Green is showing the games and does food. Only ever watched soccer matches there tbh and it usually has great atmosphere for them with massive screens everywhere. Not sure if they have cheap beer, think it was about average prices. Last time I was there I saw some people had booked a table for grub which was a good idea as the place was heaving and they had seats then for the match.
    http://www.sinnotts.ie/index.php?page=home

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Bull & Castle is doing free finger food at half time. the house beer, Buckley's, is €3.75.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

Does anyone know if the food in the Hairy Lemon is any good? I want to go out and watch the France match in a pup on sat night and have a party to go to afterwards in Dakota. Or does the exchequer gastro pub show sports? have looked at their menu and it looks great. I have been to Sinnotts before and didnt think the food was up to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ireland v france is on saturday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

burger1979 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the food in the Hairy Lemon is any good? I want to go out and watch the France match in a pup on sat night and have a party to go to afterwards in Dakota. Or does the exchequer gastro pub show sports? have looked at their menu and it looks great. I have been to Sinnotts before and didnt think the food was up to much.

Don't know about the food in the hairy lemon but its about 5.50 a pint so that would rule it out for me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Don't know about the food in the hairy lemon but its about 5.50 a pint so that would rule it out for me anyway

Thats scandalous stuff these days. Even during the days is it that price? I am considering Bull & Castle for the game as like a good craft beer now and again. Whats the sporting atmosphere like there though? Never would have put it as a pub to watch sports in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

fryup wrote: »
    ireland v france is on saturday night

Look at the date the thread was started. They were talking about the Wales game.

Advertisement