Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor telling me to contact nokia for unlock code

Options
  • 03-02-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

just off the phone from customer care asked the guy on the fone for the code (nokia 6300) he said no we have to contact nokia our self they dont have the codes which i know is not true.
    even trying to find how to contact nokia about it is impossible.
    customer care drives u up the wall they cant understand you and you cant understand them everyone were getting through sounds to be

can anyone help with this issue?

its not worth paying the money in town to get it unlocked as there sold for nearly the same price second hand is there a cheap alternative maybe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

Not the case. They should have the code if the phone was bought from them. If you bought it from a different network then they would be right telling you to go to Nokia or elsewhere.

If bought from Meteor, once you've spent over €130 credit you are entitled to have the unlock code as far as I'm aware. Same with other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

thats exactly the case but there just not budging, the phone is a few years old same as the number so plenty of credit topped up and have got unlock codes from them before with no problems but now there playing silly games

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Meteor should get it for you.

If you dont want the head ache of dealing with them, get a turbosim. It will be a lot cheaper than getting it unlocked. Should get one delivered for less than a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

spider_pig wrote: »
    thats exactly the case but there just not budging, the phone is a few years old same as the number so plenty of credit topped up and have got unlock codes from them before with no problems but now there playing silly games

Keep ringing them, ask to speak to a supervisor etc. It depends on who you get on the phone.

I work for them in store, don't have access to the codes here but customer care should. So I'd keep pushing or do as Davy said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Davy wrote: »
    Meteor should get it for you.

If you dont want the head ache of dealing with them, get a turbosim. It will be a lot cheaper than getting it unlocked. Should get one delivered for less than a fiver

sadly there reply was we dont have unlock codes its nokia you have to contact

• Advertisement
Advertisement