Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorcycle Trade-in Values

Options
  • 03-02-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I am currently thinking about trading in my 2009 bike against a new one (I don't want to be more specific so as to avoid offence). I have been offered a trade in value of 5000 against one bike (same brand as my current one) and 4200 against a bike from a different manufacturer(I have a preference for this one). Is this difference justified by the fact that the guy offering 4200 will be passing my trade-in onto another shop. I talked to an independent dealer and he indicated he would be offering somewhere between 4500 and 4800 for my bike if I was buying from him. I had pushed the guy offering 4200 but he wasn't budging. Does he have room to move based on the figures above. Any views welcome. Thanks.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement