Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clay shoot order

• 03-02-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Havin a wee clay shoot in the field, bout 12-15 ppl, got 4 traps, one converts to throw rabbits so 5 targets in all, all shot from the one shooting position. anyone have any input on how to order the targets?

in my head i see it like this

shoot the four targets in order 3 times i.e. 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4.
    (this way the person loading the trap has more time to reload the trap while the other targets are being shot- all manual traps you see)

then change over the other trap (trap 3) to rabbits, and change the elevation of trap 1 (for a bit of variety)

and shoot then: R,1,R,1,R,1,R,1,R.

Making it 21 targets in total.

want to be in and around the 20 mark for number of targets, 5/6 rabbits and slightly more of trap 1 if possible. in saying that if anyone has any betr ideas let me know.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭yog1

when's your shoot, do they have to be all shot from the same stand, my thinking is that if you use the same 2 trap's from two different stands you still get 4 different bird's and it take's less man power to run it,

Advertisement