Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels etc. in Belfast next week

Options
  • 03-02-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Unfortunately il have to accompany a sibling to belfast on sunday until friday as hes going to hospital there, would anyone know of any hotels or cheap accommodation i could look into as im fairly clueless when it comes to these thanks, i appreciate your help on this one, many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

since you going by yourself its going to work out at being quite dear, ill have a look for you now see if I can find anything. travellodge which is probably the cheapest hotel going is £36 a night so for the 5 nights thats £180. travelodge is right beside the train station and although it is basic and cheap its grand and would do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

m.j.w wrote: »
    since you going by yourself its going to work out at being quite dear, ill have a look for you now see if I can find anything. travellodge which is probably the cheapest hotel going is £36 a night so for the 5 nights thats £180. travelodge is right beside the train station and although it is basic and cheap its grand and would do the job

Will have a look thanks, also should have mentioned therel be two of us staying

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭yaya*

Check the cordia self service apartments-think theyre on lisburn road -I know at the weekend they're about £55 per night but you might get a better deal during the week.

Hope your sibling gets on alright.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Personally I think you're better off paying a little extra- and staying somewhere nice. We tend to stay in the Metro Townhouse Hotel- just off Botanic Avenue- behind Queens. Its about £50 a night with brekkie (explore online and ring them- they will normally do a deal if you ask)- and they have an award winning restaurant where you can get a really tasty dinner for about £15 (wine extra)- if you stick with the set menu options.

You can get budget accommodation- but really good 4 star accommodation isn't that much more expensive than the cheaper options.

I always likened the Metro (its across the road from the Botanic Avenue train station- which is where I think it got its name from) to walking into a Laura Ashley showroom- its like a sumptuous late Victorian townhouse- complete with drawing room for the guests to read in........

Also- you didn't mention which hospital your brother is in- this might be a factor in deciding which part of Belfast you'd like to stay in. Belfast is a lot easier to transverse than Dublin- and the taxi prices are reasonable too- but there is no point in staying 20 miles away from the hospital.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Travellodge in Belfast is a horrible hotel

Now you don't expect a huge amount from Travelodge but I've stayed in a few around Uk and Ireland and Belfast was easily the worst

Days is a better option, link above

Belfast city centre is very compact and easily walkable and Days is just a few minutes from the bus and train station

There are locals trains down to the hospital, it has it's own train stop
    Not great frequency though, it's not like the DART in Dublin
    Bus is probably just as handy as the train

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭thebiglad

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Travellodge in Belfast is a horrible hotel

Now you don't expect a huge amount from Travelodge but I've stayed in a few around Uk and Ireland and Belfast was easily the worst

Days is a better option, link above

Belfast city centre is very compact and easily walkable and Days is just a few minutes from the bus and train station

There are locals trains down to the hospital, it has it's own train stop

Do a google streetview on the Days hotel area! Close to city centre but....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Area is grand, safe as can be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭thebiglad

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Area is grand, safe as can be

Please do street view the Days hotel

Do you like red white and blue kerb stones?

Google - Sandy Row.

Your money, your choice but wouldn't be for me...

Advertisement