Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed

Options
  • 03-02-2012 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I Have Moved Into The House That Jack Built. Plumbing Is A Disaster And Insulation Extinct.

Now I Can Live With The Cold And The Plumbing That Appears To Do Its Own Thing And I mean Its Own Thing . The Toilet Flushes By Itself And When I Flush It. It Does Not Work And Thats One Of The Minor Pluming Issues.

The Electrics Scare The Sh1t Out Of Me. The Sockets Spark And Fuses Constantly Blow On The Main Electric Board.
    A Few Minutes Ago. I Plugged The Radio In To The Socket In The Kitchen And The Light Bulb Blew As well As Another Fuse On The Electric Board.
    Can Anyone Advice If This Is Safe And Should I Move Out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

get yourself a competent electrician to have o look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 suffering

pelliven wrote: »
    get yourself a competent electrician to have o look

Its A Rented Property.And I Dont have The Money To Pay An Electrican.
    I Kind Of Know Its Not Really Safe. But I Am Kind Of Seeking Advice On Should I Move Out. Because Its Not Safe.
    I Told The Landlord About The electrics And He Left Me With A Bag Of Fuses To Use. For When The Fuses Blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

suffering wrote: »
    Its A Rented Property.And I Dont have The Money To Pay An Electrican.

If its rented then get straight onto your landlord its his problem.If its as bad as you say then its far from safe by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

A periodic inspection by a registered sparks will get to the bottom of the problems

• Registered Users Posts: 33 T954

That sounds like a bit of a mess in terms of how the place is wired. Sockets blowing should not affect your lights! Sounds like you have one of the old fuse boards and it could do with renewal or at least being checked over properly. Get your landlord to get an electrician to check the place out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Frankmullins

Get yourself a registered Electrician to take a look and give you a price for Fixing the Issues, if the property is not in a livable standard move out,

Advertisement