Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carp & Catfish Holidays in France Help pleae

Options
  • 03-02-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Well folks,

Hoping for some suggestions please.

Myself & 4 mates are looking to go to France to do some fishing. Were looking to net some big carp & catfish. I've trawled google and they all look superb, but I can't help thinking there's a catch.

Have any of you ever been on one of these jaunts and can offer any advice on some good spots?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

irishejit wrote: »
    Well folks,

Hoping for some suggestions please.

Myself & 4 mates are looking to go to France to do some fishing. Were looking to net some big carp & catfish. I've trawled google and they all look superb, but I can't help thinking there's a catch.

Have any of you ever been on one of these jaunts and can offer any advice on some good spots?

(Apologies - clicked edit instead of quote first time round & Mod tools still seem to work :rolleyes:)

Friends of mine went over last year to Luke Moffatt's lake - I'm not sure if he has Cats on site, but he'll certainly know of the best places to catch them. He's English as well, so makes for easier conversation. I don't know this guy at all, but the lads were impressed.

Luke Moffatt
    Le paquier des Graviers,
    Route de Beire le Chatel,
    Brognon,
    France.

Telephone : 0033 380 233539
    Email: enquiries@thegraviers.com

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Thanks Andip, I'll check that out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

My cousin caught a 70 pound mirror carp in Cassein in 1987.
    He was there for 3 weeks and i think its a huge lake but was renowned for big fish.

For anyone interested we got a holiday booked, although in Spain on the River Ebro and not in France.

If its any good I'll come back with plenty of pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

What company did you go with for your Ebro trip?

• Advertisement

viper123 wrote: »
    What company did you go with for your Ebro trip?

Hi Viper,

It is Hacienda Angling, http://www.hacienda-angling.com/

They're doing 7 nights self catering, 5 days tackle hire, 1 days boat hire and transfers from & to Barcelona airport for €350 per person based on 4 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

The ebro is great I have been there twice with www.carpdreamfishing.com

Had cats to over 150lbs and some good carp, the zander lure fishing is worth a go too and there are some nice barbel is spots.

Bring a light float rod if you can and you will get small carp and crucians while you wait for the alarms to go.

Advertisement