Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So many burglaries in the city

Options
  • 03-02-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

What the hell is going on in Kilkenny these days. So many houses broken into over the last week. Three in Riverview on Wednesday evening alone and now I hear a house in the Fairways tonight was totally ransacked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

People need to be really cautious and on their guard.

These scumbags are doing a good job staking places out and learning the run of a house or row of houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Yesterday at around 6.30 our dog started barking. My boys looked out the window to see what was winding him up and noticed 5 lads in hoodies going up the short drive to our neighbour's house across the road. The guys looked around to see where the barking dog was and copped the boys. Three of them legged it up the road and two of them came to edge of our grass and looked in at the boys (who of course were gawking stupidly out at them) and then stretched their hands out palms up and shrugged their shoulders and walked off. Those neighbours were robbed back in December. They have to be watching the estate because the owner of the house had only just gone out taking the dog (for a walk but driving) and they probably went straight there rather than chancing any of the other houses some of which looked completely empty. Across the road had full lights on. I was home within five minutes of the boys phoning me but no sign of a group walking on the main road. I rang the guards anyhow and told them and they said they'd send a squad car up around to see could they see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

Shotgun Licence €80.

Blowing out some scumbags kneecaps. Priceless.

People have the right to defend their property now and calculated violence against this kind of scum should be encouraged. Was discussing this over coffee this morning with a friend and we were contemplating the logistics of installing a dummy safe that would explode (only minor but enough to cause a lot of physical pain and contain the powder used by cash-in-transit companies).

Now time for the do gooders who defend this scum to come on and make their case.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Now time for the do gooders who defend this scum to come on and make their case.:rolleyes:

Clock_Here_Fishy_Fishy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Clock_Here_Fishy_Fishy.jpg

What is the fishing like around here?

Spike-island-aerial.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I wouldn't mind the means to discourage feckers like that from entering my house whether I'm in it or not. I've had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach since last night thinking that those men got a good look at my boys. I hope now that the Gardaí didn't happen across them last night whereby they might put two and two together and come back this way looking for payback even of a minor kind. I shouldn't even have to think like that in this country! :mad:

Advertisement