Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another New MVNO: BlueFace

Options
  • 03-02-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

BlueFace are about the launch a new MVNO over the coming weeks.

The MVNO will be on the 3 network.

It will be aimed at high end bill pay customers and business customers.

Here is what they are promising:
    'best in breed' of low cost unlimited tariffs with a highly flexible service all in Blueface's proprietary unified communications cloud.

Now you can enjoy the convenience of ONE bill, ONE call history and ONE voicemail service to manage your fixed and mobile services with Blueface.

After years of very few MVNO launches, there seems to be a flood of them lately with the likes of 48, More Mobile and Lycamobile Ireland launched or launching soon.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I use their VOIP service. I highly recommend them from that point of view

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Reckon there will be an app for some of these tariffs. It had better be highly adaptive to cope with 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

So two new MVNO's being set up on 3 Ireland.
    Will this not put strain on the already overloaded infrastructure of 3 Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

jay93 wrote: »
    Well, if Three charge them loads of lolly then they may be able to upgrade their network. Won't happen overnight, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It could be a potentially decent service. Blueface's VoIP platform's fantastic and their customer service is also second to none.

They're talking about nice touches like having all your voicemail arrive in the Blueface voicemail/integrated messaging system instead of 3Mail etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Update, mainly taken, from the Sunday Times ...

Blueface Mobile MVNO on 3 launches this week.

Business customer only at the start. Packages for consumers are in the works.

Denis O'Brien is behind Blueface. This is his second venture in the Irish mobile sphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Fungus wrote: »
    Update, mainly taken, from the Sunday Times ...

Blueface Mobile MVNO on 3 launches this week.

Business customer only at the start. Packages for consumers are in the works.

Blueface say they will "embrace VOIP", with mobile, not flight it and not ignore it.

Denise O'Brien is behind Blueface. This is his second venture in the Irish mobile sphere.

Do you mean Denis :pac::pac:

Woops :D Fixed.

Blueface have launched.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/item/25918-blueface-enters-mobile/

69 EUR:
    Unlimited domestic calls
    Unlimited texts
    Unlimited data
    Unlimited UK landline and mobile calls
    Unlimited VoIP calls

Aimed at business users.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Yeh seems to be aimed the same as Emobile,

Interesting to see if this plan is sim only, what phones will be available and how they will be priced. and how long is the contract. For someone not already using blueface it looks quite similar to Emobiles unlimited plan. (plus UK landlines and Mobiles) and 6 euro a month cheaper than TescoMobiles unlimited plans.

Will be nice to see the details. All in all good news to have another player in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

UPC may announce as early as tomorrow.

Ah, it is 69 EUR plus VAT or 59 EUR plus VAT if you are an existing customer.

http://www.techcentral.ie/18368/blueface-launches-mobile-service
    customers will get unlimited Ireland and UK landline and mobile calls, free Blueface to Blueface calls and unlimited data and texts for €69 per month (+VAT). Current Blueface customers that take up the mobile service will be rewarded for their loyalty with a reduced rate of €59 per month (+VAT). Blueface can also provide international landline numbers delivered directly on Irish users' handsets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    UPC may announce as early as tomorrow.

Where did you hear that? was just searching the web but could not find anything on it. Lets hope it's true.

Blueface prices are ok for business lets hope they take out soon some consumer plans with good prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

A not quite so broad Blueface mobile package for smaller business / residential customers would be nice.

It will suit some people but I don't make all that many mobile calls to the UK. So, I think I'll be sticking with e-mobile for the moment anyway.

Solair wrote: »
    A not quite so broad Blueface mobile package for smaller business / residential customers would be nice.

Blueface have said they will do residential packages in time.
    Solair wrote: »
    It will suit some people but I don't make all that many mobile calls to the UK. So, I think I'll be sticking with e-mobile for the moment anyway.

Yeah, unless you call the UK a lot, eMobile is better value for heavy mobile users.

nava wrote: »
    Where did you hear that? was just searching the web but could not find anything on it. Lets hope it's true.

UPC have now announced their results today as was expected on this thread.

No announcement of their MVNO with the results. There must be testing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

jay93 wrote: »

Who is the other MVNO on Three?

RangeR wrote: »
    Who is the other MVNO on Three?

The other is Moremobile.ie suppose to be launching soon, but is been having that message on the website for a few weeks.

Yeh seems to be aimed the same as Emobile,

Interesting to see if this plan is sim only, what phones will be available and how they will be priced. and how long is the contract. For someone not already using blueface it looks quite similar to Emobiles unlimited plan. (plus UK landlines and Mobiles) and 6 euro a month cheaper than TescoMobiles unlimited plans.

Will be nice to see the details. All in all good news to have another player in the game.

You can register your interest on blueface.ie. I just did and got a list of 5 mobiles they offer. Don't be looking for cheap [or subsidised] phones. They look like PAYG prices.

Also if 11+ users sign up in a business, you get the package for €49 ex VAT per person [if you have VoIP package].

EDIT:
    FUP on all unlimited
    3 month contract
    Actually, that €49 DOESN'T appear to include the €10 discount if you have an existing VOIP package
    Damn fine prices
    Opt for PAYG @ €10 per person if you don't want contract. I assume you pay per call for this, rather than ANY unlimited.

Their business package does not seem as good value as the 3 business package.
    Opt for PAYG @ €10 per person if you don't want contract. I assume you pay per call for this, rather than ANY unlimited.

Interesting. I did not know that BlueFace had launched their prepay offering. I have emailed them asking for full details.

• Advertisement

Interesting. I did not know that BlueFace had launched their prepay offering. I have emailed them asking for full details.

Logistically, they haven't launched anything yet :)

You can register your interest on blueface.ie. I just did and got a list of 5 mobiles they offer. Don't be looking for cheap [or subsidised] phones. They look like PAYG prices.

Also if 11+ users sign up in a business, you get the package for €49 ex VAT per person [if you have VoIP package].

EDIT:
    FUP on all unlimited
    3 month contract
    Actually, that €49 DOESN'T appear to include the €10 discount if you have an existing VOIP package
    Damn fine prices

If you still have it can you please copy the email you got?

Thanks

nava wrote: »
    If you still have it can you please copy the email you got?

Thanks

It was an attachment. Just sign up. I got a reply less than 30 mins after signing up for interest.

The BlueFace PAYG service launches just in 2 weeks time.

All they will tell me for now is the sim will cost 10 EUR with 5 EUR credit.

I am asked BlueFace to email me as soon as they have more details.

More details ...

Calls will be a low 12 cent to 15 cent per minute. This significantly undercuts Tesco Mobile and Postfone and all other operators.

Data will be €12.50 per GB.

Text messages will be 12 cent per message.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

More details ...

Calls will be a low 12 cent to 15 cent per minute. This significantly undercuts Tesco Mobile and Postfone and all other operators.

Data will be €12.50 per GB.

Text messages will be 12 cent per message.

Any minutes, text, data with a top up?

Any minutes, text, data with a top up?

That is the exact question I asked the BlueFace support team. Waiting for a response.

I get the sense that business is their focus, they just happen to have a prepay service.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Can blueface roam on to Vodafone when there is no 3 coverage?

Response from BlueFace support:
    Correction to the last mail, text messages are 10 cent on PAYG.

At the moment we are not offering any bundles on the PAYG but I am sure we will be doing something along this line in the not too distant future.

The only free extra would be the €5 free credit with the €10 SIM card. If we have any other special offers I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks again for your interest and I will get in contact with you when we are ready to send out SIM card's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement