Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LCA English play

• 03-02-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a suitable play or novel I could do with my LCA class, apart from 'The Field'?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Would 'Our Day Out' be too baby-ish?

Do you mean to put on as a performance? Could they write their own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭CMBT

No, the play is just to be read and studied for the last module.
    I don't think 'Our Day Out' would go down well with them, they like to think they're too cool for school. Thanks for your response though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭golden virginia

Would you try to read/ act out a screen play.
    There are loads of free screenplays online - here is one example http://sfy.ru/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Or a classic comedy sketch? Again, some can be found online.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

What about Gregory's Girl? Have only seen extracts from it in some of the JC textbooks but going by the film, even though its a bit dated now, I think it might amuse them and I think that's half the battle with the 'too cool for school' brigade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭CMBT

RH149 wrote: »
    What about Gregory's Girl? Have only seen extracts from it in some of the JC textbooks but going by the film, even though its a bit dated now, I think it might amuse them and I think that's half the battle with the 'too cool for school' brigade.

Ha, thanks for that, I'll look into it. Was also thinking about Sive, I think they would enjoy the conflict in it.

Thanks for all replies

Advertisement