Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lourdes Hospital Maternity Department

Options
  • 03-02-2012 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all,

My wife and I just brought our new born baby home today from Lourdes hospital. And I just wanted to say that we have had a wonderful experience in Lourdes. I know they have been through a tough time in the Maternity department, but staff there were brilliant with us this week. they never stop working hard. They are a credit to the HSE.

And baby is great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Congrats to you guys :D And i agree totally with you the staff in the maternity are the tops!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Despite thinking the thinly-veiled thankswhoring doesn't deserve it I'm still going to say congratulations. Hope any more go as well if not better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

amacachi wrote: »
    Despite thinking the thinly-veiled thankswhoring doesn't deserve it I'm still going to say congratulations. Hope any more go as well if not better. :)

Thats a bit over the top is it not ? thankswhoring ? :confused:

Thats a bit over the top is it not ? thankswhoring ? :confused:

I assume you already have the "Baby on Board" stickers for the car? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

And from next week they will have a great Lab as the one in the Louth Hospital is closing monday. Thanks Minister Reilly you're as useless as Ahearn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

April fools day is a long way off yet. Somehow I cant help but feel this thread is a terrible joke and he's gonna come back and say ''haha, GOTCHA''. :D

Congrats by the way.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

Congratulations to all three of yours. I can totally relate to your experience and we too have nothing but praise for OLOL's midwifes. Mrs P gave birth to our first one there little over a year ago, and she was on labor for many days and got to meet a lot of staff there - and almost all of them, and the midwife in particular - were really hardworking and was really nice to us. We had heard some stories before going in there, but we left very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dub in Louth

Al I can go on is the experience we had and it was first class. We were due to go to the Rotunda but ended up in Lourdes in an emergency so huge thanks to the team there.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

amacachi wrote: »
    I assume you already have the "Baby on Board" stickers for the car? :pac:

yeah i normally stick them up when when complete strangers on internet forums have a new baby .

yeah i normally stick them up when when complete strangers on internet forums have a new baby .

Thought you were the OP when I posted that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Hmmm im having a baby there in july....good to hear you had a good experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

used to work up there in the Lourdes.... i was in the maternity section a couple of times fixing equipment... i have to say that it was very clean and warm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Seems to be a lot of good things said about Lourdes which is reassuring as the other half is due to have our baby there but were very unsure about going here. Have first scan there tomorrow, hopefully what everone here is saying is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Have to agree, The midwifes and paediatric nurses in the lourdes are amazing.

Advertisement