Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jantastic Regeneration Joke

• 03-02-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

I thought it was staggering earlier when I heard Jantastic O'Sullivan reading her half arséd script on national radio re the Limerick Regeneration process and how she felt it was in need of a bit of an aul nudge here and there and blah, blah, blah.......

Then the Presenter let slip the full title for which Janet pockets what is in relative terms a massive wage plus very, very generous expenses for doing sweet fcuk all.

Jan O'Sullivan - Minister of State, Department of Environment, Community and Local Government with special responsibility for Housing and Planning

- Did the irony knock you on your teeth when you read what your local representative in Government is calling herself as Limerick Regeneration recruits sons, nephews and random chesty gals to play solitaire, go to UL to learn their new job (FFS) and expense burpy two hour lunches on your wages.

Jan you really must be joking????????????????

Are you Jan, is there a punchline due????????????????

- Stay special Jan X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

There are chesty girls about? Random ones at that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Kess73 wrote: »

Kess do you think chesty girls on 80k a year whos Uncle/Daddy/Etc has sent them to UL to learn to do their job not building houses and not planning on regenerating Limerick have time to talk to you?

- Not sure that Jan has any opinion on any of this, maybe ring Willie O'Dea and ask him to interupt these girls casual faffing about and shopping etc.

Am sure Jan is still busy preping her parts for her part in the Vagina Monologues http://tribune.maithu.com/archive/article/2001/dec/16/private-parts-public-domain/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

ah jan de man, it looks like she will do anything for a soundbite.

Raiser wrote: »
    Kess do you think chesty girls on 80k a year whos Uncle/Daddy/Etc has sent them to UL to learn to do their job not building houses and not planning on regenerating Limerick have time to talk to you?

- Not sure that Jan has any opinion on any of this, maybe ring Willie O'Dea and ask him to interupt these girls casual faffing about and shopping etc.

Am sure Jan is still busy preping her parts for her part in the Vagina Monologues http://tribune.maithu.com/archive/article/2001/dec/16/private-parts-public-domain/

Are you really surprised though, Raiser? The Limerick regen seems to have been nowt more than a very costly sham (obvious pun unintended).

It makes for a handy empty soundbyte for Jan given her current role, and good old Willie was very quick a few years back to try and attach his name to the project and very quick to try and make out he was fighting Limerick's corner, but alas that same man seems to have made a career out of saying one thing to sheep in Limerick and the Mid West and then going the other way when there was a vote on the same topics in the Dail.

Then again Irish politicians in general would seem to unaccountable to the law, to the people who voted for them, and most importantly to the people they are meant to represent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

It's winter (well, wintry since the other day) and loads of people have colds & coughs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭angry kitten

Is may just be my paranoia, but does anyone else think the regeneration farce was just a clever ploy to redistribute some of the worst problem families from those areas to other parts of the country?

I mean seriously, there are so many in Clare now, and I don't imagine any of them will be queuing up to go back to Limerick if it ever is regenerated.

Is may just be my paranoia, but does anyone else think the regeneration farce was just a clever ploy to redistribute some of the worst problem families from those areas to other parts of the country?

I mean seriously, there are so many in Clare now, and I don't imagine any of them will be queuing up to go back to Limerick if it ever is regenerated.

Well what it has done is improve the crime figures for some areas as many of the offenders are now causing hassle in new areas instead.

Murroe, Newport, Fedamore, Newcastle West, Carnane, Bruree etc have all seen increases in all sorts of crimes in the last few years that amazingly coincided with certain families being moved into the areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭watchingthepols

Willie was very quick a few years back to try and attach his name to the project and very quick to try and make out he was fighting Limerick's corner, but alas that same man seems to have made a career out of saying one thing to sheep in Limerick and the Mid West and then going the other way when there was a vote on the same topics in the Dail.

Yes indeed.

Willie O'Dea was coming in for a lot of stick for his inaction on regeneration just before he was forced to resign his ministerial office in disgrace.

I remember this heading from the front page of the Limerick Leader.

showusthemoney.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Willie O'Dea has always thrived and lived well on big talk and empty promises to the people of Limerick.

Jim Kemmy once said of glib Willie with ref to his insincere, nonsense talk - "He goes up to Dublin like Mighty Mouse but comes back like Minnie Mouse....."

- Why hasn't there been some third party appointed to inquire into the Limerick Regeneration Fiasco? Are they waiting until all the money has actually been spent?

Surely the whole thing should take 20 minutes....... I presume its would go something like "Well I see now whats happened here, Limerick regeneration arrived, hired family and friends and did nothing month after month except mismanage, fail and fritter and no its not a good thing that ye sent Junior to College for a laugh...... Lets make a legal issue of this."

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭watchingthepols

Raiser wrote: »
    Willie O'Dea has always thrived and lived well on big talk and empty promises to the people of Limerick.

Jim Kemmy once said of glib Willie with ref to his insincere, nonsense talk - "He goes up to Dublin like Mighty Mouse but comes back like Minnie Mouse....."

- Why hasn't there been some third party appointed to inquire into the Limerick Regeneration Fiasco? Are they waiting until all the money has actually been spent?

Surely the whole thing should take 20 minutes....... I presume its would go something like "Well I see now whats happened here, Limerick regeneration arrived, hired family and friends and did nothing month after month except mismanage, fail and fritter and no its not a good thing that ye sent Junior to College for a laugh...... Lets make a legal issue of this."

I agree with the above.

As regards Willie O'Dea, he was well & truely owned while bulls*****g during a debate on Limerick City Regeneration when his inaction was exposed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement