Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spots on the grand Canal for Fishing... especially pike

Options
  • 03-02-2012 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

Hey - im leaving it a bit late i know but im off fishing tomorrow and wanted some advice on a decent spot within the dublin area: I fished the 6th, 7th 8th and 9th lock's frequently about 8 odd years ago with modest success with:

Pike
    Roach
    Bream
    Tench (VERY Difficult for me! Almost a vendetta against these fish!)
    and perch

My favorite spot was around bluebell/ballyfermot 6th 7th lock area... But when i went for a walk around there a while ago (about 3 months), i found its been badly polluted with rubbish, and waste - is this still the case?

I always quite liked the area of the grand canal around the Newcastle area... any recent expeditions around that area?

I appreciate the advice folks - iv let my fishing slip in the last few years but i genuinely want to get back into it!

If the grand canal isnt the best can anyone advise on the royal canal - havent fished it since i was doing the Inter-cert!

Thanks in advance!

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭liamtech

sorry to double post guys but i saw a thread posted in trhe new year saying that several areas of the canal have been recently drained - obviously the last thing i want to do is go down and fish a sot that has been recently darined, refilled but emptied of fish stock - if there is anyone that can confirm or deny the status of the stretch between the 6th and 13th locks id really appreciate it! and again im sorry for double posting and leaving it a bit late!

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Advertisement