Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundproofing a Small Entertainment Space?

• 04-02-2012 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give me some tips on how I might do this? I'd like a soundproof area where I can watch movies without hearing outside noises. I thought someone in here might have experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Robdude wrote: »
    Can anyone give me some tips on how I might do this? I'd like a soundproof area where I can watch movies without hearing outside noises. I thought someone in here might have experience.

Soundproofing is a subject that would take too long to go into here in any detail as it requires building a room within a room, essentially . I suggest searching for it on the net. Proper soundproofing is quite complex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

there's a lot of solutions on offer but really you'll need the "room within a room" approach and to do it with solid blocks - there's no real substitute. Insulation etc will provide noise deadening but that's not the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Media Homes Ireland

Robdude wrote: »

its not going to be cheap DIY, my advice get a professional in, we don't offer the service but google and you'll come across many companies that do offer Acoustic Solutions in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Splash out on top notch headphones

Advertisement