Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do scumbags always get hot women ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Probably 'cause of the Flora and Fauna act, or something.
    I'm very drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

well thank jebus for this:

ffs, it's just a sign of a guy feeling sorry for himself saying he's in the friend zone, or girls only like assholes. man the **** up and something might happen.

Friend zone = Guy feeling sory for himself after female friend who obviously wants him turns down his pathetic, half assed attempt at asking her out.

(In my experience) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Curva Sud wrote: »
    Well ? :confused:

because you cant BUY class! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

No its not his half arsed attempt thats going to make her turn him down.its his overall half arsed attitude. Women like confidence,same as men do.if you so easily sink to the friend role you're not going to be attractive to her. Women like men to be men!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Cause any bloke that goes out with a better looking girl than me is a "scumbag".......

Whatever a scumbag is?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

No its not his half arsed attempt thats going to make her turn him down.its his overall half arsed attitude. Women like confidence,same as men do.if you so easily sink to the friend role you're not going to be attractive to her. Women like men to be men!

That's a good, cogent point.
    And well-made, for a girl.

ascanbe wrote: »
    That's a good, cogent point.
    And well-made, for a girl.

Hmmm. I'm not very articulate unfortunately,it's the best I could do with this small brain that I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    Whatever a scumbag is????

those of a certain appearance who generally act like one but seein as it's the norm now; hard to seperate.

But scumbags's a harsh tag probs from more priviledged climbs. Knock the worst excesses from your own locality. ;-

Skangers, basically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

And generally men like women to be women! They like a man to lead! Be decisive but not be a baxtard about it, but not be a wimp.

The confidence thing is the key and scumbags exude it naturally, the "I don't give a f*ck attitude". The problem is they literally do not give a f*ck about anybody! Same goes for biatches!

Same as guys generally want an independent woman, not a biatch and not a walkover as it gets boring.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

Because they have better looks prob And more natural moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Some women happen to b well attracted to money and an endless supply of really bad coke when there young nIeve and they like the danger keeps them on there toes as they get olde they get board because......

They need something else mentle stimulation.... IMO of course...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

More of a stabbing motion, I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Do they?

And why do some men presume because a woman is hot that she's going to be a decent person? Putting them up on a pedastal and wanting to believe they're god's gift because they're hot. You're delusional. You never hear the comment, "How come scumbag women get hot guys"...why? Because women are judged mainly on looks and men on personalities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Good point

/mental note: club women and drag back to den

• Advertisement

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Do they?

And why do some men presume because a woman is hot that she's going to be a decent person? Putting them up on a pedastal and wanting to believe they're god's gift because they're hot. You're delusional. You never hear the comment, "How come scumbag women get hot guys"...why? Because women are judged mainly on looks and men on personalities.

Are you angry? do you hate men because being honest it fvcking sounds like you do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Just too many about to avoid :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

whatsamsn wrote: »
    really? :pac:
    sweet jumpin jesus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Scumbags get hot women for the same reasons anyone gets hot women.

Dominance
    She knows he'll do things to her in bed she secretly craves but won't ask nice guys for.
    He takes charge and leads.
    He's someone you want on your side because he won't allow himself to be treated badly.

Manners and kindness etc offers virtually no value to women. Anyone can be like that. A man needs to offer more than other men can to consistently get hot women. Why would hot women select niceness as criteria to find the best men. Anyone can be nice. That's why being nice to get wonen is a turn off. It signals you aren't already good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

They're not as bright as the rest of us so they think with their emotions. Women like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Scumbags get hot women for the same reasons anyone gets hot women.

Dominance
    She knows he'll do things to her in bed she secretly craves but won't ask nice guys for.
    He takes charge and leads.
    He's someone you want on your side because he won't allow himself to be treated badly.

Manners and kindness etc offers virtually no value to women. Anyone can be like that. A man needs to offer more than other men can to consistently get hot women. Why would hot women select niceness as criteria to find the best men. Anyone can be nice. That's why being nice to get wonen is a turn off. It signals you aren't already good enough.

This ^^ makes sense.

I'm more confused as to how the fúck ugly guys get with absolutely crackers. My friends and I think it's because the woman wants to be the hotter one in the relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Do they?

Lol, jesus christ reign it it there Eve will you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Skip to 3:25.

(Everything sounds wiser when said by a black man, e.g. Morpheus, Ali, Yoda, etc.)

Nolanger wrote: »
    They're not as bright as the rest of us so they think with their emotions. Women like that.

I think that may actually be part of it.it's a good point

Snowie wrote: »
    Are you angry? do you hate men because being honest it fvcking sounds like you do...

You serious? How does my comment make me out to be a hater of men? It's the presumption by some men (and I did state some men in my original post) that because a woman is hot, that's she's also got a lovely personality to go with it and is undeserving of a scumbag boyfriend. Where's the man hating there? My point is usually like attract alike. Scumbags go for scumbags. Thats' a fact.

And no, I don't hate men ffs.

strobe wrote: »
    Lol, jesus christ reign it it there Eve will you.

Man...I'm completely calm. I'm only referring to the minority. Jaysus..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I once had three women on the go all at the same time. One was in the public sector one in the private sector and the other long term unemployed from the local council estate but doing a few hours in the local pub. I have to admit the unemployed girl was more than giving, the girl in the private sector was weekends only as she was too tired from the stresses of work and the public sector worker only when it suited her and I had to do all the work. Now in a PPP with a different skirt and both very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I think this is a false premise. I've seen scumbags strutting around with what appear to be hairy walruses at their side. Sure there's the odd filthy knacker who bags an attractive mate, but I'd say they trend is in the opposite direction.

There is no real sense to what the OP is saying, or indeed what anyone who is agreeing with him is saying.

It's just people trying to make themselves feel better about never getting hot chicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

You serious? How does my comment make me out to be a hater of men? It's the presumption by some men (and I did state some men in my original post) that because a woman is hot, that's she's also got a lovely personality to go with it and is undeserving of a scumbag boyfriend. Where's the man hating there? My point is usually like attract alike. Scumbags go for scumbags. Thats' a fact.

And no, I don't hate men ffs.

I have to agree with this in fairness. Its funny the amount of lads who are happy to have a stunner on their arm (regardless of their personality). They do put good looking women on a pedestal and its almost like a lifetime ambition to be envied by their mates, which is a sad way of going on in the scheme of things. Sign of very poor self esteem in fairness.

Had my fair share of good looking women, some cool and some eejits. Any woman who goes out with a known scumbag is a no no in fairness. Either she likes drama or has zero respect for herself.

Some of these "hot women" lads seem to crave are so used to not having to work on their personality due to gob****es (like some on here) treating them like the ultimate life prize and pursuing them to inflate their own tiny self esteem.

Crikey that sounds harsh. But true :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

My experience on the luas is that they get red face husky voiced devil women with penchant for flagans of cider and bumming cigs off people.

Truly awful humans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Most of the scumbags I see have other scumbags as partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Confidence, confidence, confidence.

FIrst off, I doubt it's true that bastards "get" more good-looking women than non-scumbags.
    As said already, it's something men say to make themselves feel better about being single, and if you're finding it hard to meet a woman then you're more likely to think of men with good-looking women as scumbags.

Now, some bastards do find it somewhat easy to pick up women. That's not because they're bastards: it's because they're self-confident, which most pricks are.
    But here's the thing: you don't have to be a prick to be self-confident. In fact, there are many self-confident men with attractive girlfriends: you just don't notice them as they don't stand out as much as the obvious bastards.
    While every individual has their own tastes, the one trait that most women find attractive in men is confidence. You don't have to be arrogant; just comfortable in your skin.
    This is also the reason why some not-so-handsome men have good-looking girlfriends.

/single life

FIrst off, I doubt it's true that bastards "get" more good-looking women than non-scumbags.
    As said already, it's something men say to make themselves feel better about being single, and if you're finding it hard to meet a woman then you're more likely to think of men with good-looking women as scumbags.

Now, some bastards do find it somewhat easy to pick up women. That's not because they're bastards: it's because they're self-confident, which most pricks are.
    But here's the thing: you don't have to be a prick to be self-confident. In fact, there are many self-confident men with attractive girlfriends: you just don't notice them as they don't stand out as much as the obvious bastards.
    While every individual has their own tastes, the one trait that most women find attractive in men is confidence. You don't have to be arrogant; just comfortable in your skin.
    This is also the reason why some not-so-handsome men have good-looking girlfriends.

/single life

To be fair alot of women don't give average looking guys the time of day to even realise they are comfy in their own skin. Maybe thats a case where a girl is a friend of the guy and they become close over time. In the general scheme of things, i.e meeting someone in a bar, club, on the street or whatever.

The majority of women need the physical attraction as sheer minimum. The personality appeal then follows but its usually a secondary factor to the look she likes, this is the reality.
    Now women may go for what they like the look of and quickly get rid when hes an idiot but to say personality is the main factor is naive.

Personality comes into play when they initially like the look of what they see. This is what my missus explained to me :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Jayob10 wrote: »

/single life

To be fair alot of women don't give average looking guys the time of day to even realise they are comfy in their own skin. Maybe thats a case where a girl is a friend of the guy and they become close over time. In the general scheme of things, i.e meeting someone in a bar, club, on the street or whatever.

The majority of women need the physical attraction as sheer minimum. The personality appeal then follows but its usually a secondary factor to the look she likes, this is the reality.
    Now women may go for what they like the look of and quickly get rid when hes an idiot but to say personality is the main factor is naive.

Personality comes into play when they initially like the look of what they see. This is what my missus explained to me :pac:
    Look at this guy, even with a filthy bears he pulls women. He's a good guy, but women immediately know he's confident. If women aren't noticing your confidence straight away in a bar then you aren't confident.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o8k430ufLA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Speaking as a scumbag myself, I think it's the intimidation factor that turns the ladies on. They like the fact that I can give a rival a ruddy good thrashing if he so much as looks in my direction.
    ;)your number? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Arseholes/Scumbags etc. don't 'get' women, men with self-confidence do, end of.

If you spend your entire night whining about how 'nice' you are and how unfair it is what do you think the end result will be? Zilch.

Being 'nice' is all well and good but it's hardly a match point is it? I'm nice but I don't use it as my selling point, being nice is run of the mill.Being chatty, outgoing, funny and not being afraid of rejection, that's what's attractive. I'm not trying to sound like one of those Pick Up Artist People (shudder) but just saying that being 'nice' is distinctly average.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Look at this guy, even with a filthy bears he pulls women. He's a good guy, but women immediately know he's confident. If women aren't noticing your confidence straight away in a bar then you aren't confident.

The men in Dublin tend to stalk. Look at 6.43 minutes in this video.
    P.s. we had a good laugh out of this.

i feel like a trophy
    or maybe a hunted animal
    to be "got"
    especially if i have the nerve to not go out with every rejected guy in existence

I have to agree with this in fairness. Its funny the amount of lads who are happy to have a stunner on their arm (regardless of their personality). They do put good looking women on a pedestal and its almost like a lifetime ambition to be envied by their mates, which is a sad way of going on in the scheme of things. Sign of very poor self esteem in fairness.

Had my fair share of good looking women, some cool and some eejits. Any woman who goes out with a known scumbag is a no no in fairness. Either she likes drama or has zero respect for herself.

Some of these "hot women" lads seem to crave are so used to not having to work on their personality due to gob****es (like some on here) treating them like the ultimate life prize and pursuing them to inflate their own tiny self esteem.

Crikey that sounds harsh. But true :p

So you're a man hater too, are you? We should hook up sometime...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Snowie wrote: »
    They need something else mentle stimulation.... IMO of course...

Must....resist.......making.......obvious....comment.......!

:D

So you're a man hater too, are you? We should hook up sometime...

;)

to be honest, these videos are a load of bollix. Its the definition of reading too much into things.

Its a certain kind of bloke who refers to these kind of tips to pull women in the first place. The blokes with most success just do it without even realising it. The ones who follow a specific formula and play a numbers game are lacking something by their very nature.

I have to laugh at the blokes who follow these "pick up gods" and take their tips as gospel, its a load of bull.

Ive seen many a cock sure of himself bloke try to pull on his confidence alone and it gets him nowhere. Confidence is great but certainly not on its own when you are meeting someone for the first time.

These pick up experts are con artists, dont take all that bull as gospel either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

to be honest, these videos are a load of bollix. Its the definition of reading too much into things.

Its a certain kind of bloke who refers to these kind of tips to pull women in the first place. The blokes with most success just do it without even realising it. The ones who follow a specific formula and play a numbers game are lacking something by their very nature.

I have to laugh at the blokes who follow these "pick up gods" and take their tips as gospel, its a load of bull.

Ive seen many a cock sure of himself bloke try to pull on his confidence alone and it gets him nowhere. Confidence is great but certainly not on its own when you are meeting someone for the first time.

These pick up experts are con artists, dont take all that bull as gospel either.

Have you ever gone on their forums? It's the most creepy, desperate thing you'll ever see :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Not the scumbags I know. Their women are rough.

bluewolf wrote: »
    i feel like a trophy
    or maybe a hunted animal
    to be "got"
    especially if i have the nerve to not go out with every rejected guy in existence

well you are a blue wolf

:pac:

any hunters gonna want that on his wall :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

That's why a guy needs to be a bit forward in showing his personality to a girl, without being too forward and intimidating.
    Looks help of course, but personality is almost as important in terms of first impressions, and more important overall.
    It also comes through physically much more than people think, and is really wrapped up in what we perceive as physically attractive.

At the end of the day, men generally need to be active in attracting a woman, and good looks will only go so far.
    Women still don't tend to be the one who pursues the other person in comparison to men, so you can be as good-looking as you want, but if you're just standing in the corner not talking it won't do you much good.
    On the other hand, a guy who's maybe not the best-looking but is charming and interesting won't melt a woman's heart straight away.
    But on the other hand, she won't reject him straight away if he's not creepy and intimidating (and if she does reject him straight away for being gorgeous then she's not worth pursuing) and he'll get the chance to charm her.

Have you ever gone on their forums? It's the most creepy, desperate thing you'll ever see :D

I can't say I have :p

I do laugh though, the whole schtick seems to be that you have to give the impression you don't give a f*ck, yet their whole existence is centred around trying to impress women.

Its like amateur mind control or something :pac:

i'd say they make a fortune, its a good business model though in fairness, i'd say they are making a fair few quid out of it.

"if the ginger guy can pull, hey so can I" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

Most (if not all) girls go through a "bad boy" admiring stage.

Unfortunately for us daysent (decent said in a nice culchee accent, please not I'm not a culchee, I just enjoy using the accent from time to time) lads, some of them never snap out of it and go for the scummers of the world. Saying that, the posh knobs seem to do even better. Prob the cash and the not giving a "fock" I suppose.

This idea is so irritating,i for one have never had a bad boy phase,if a person is only interested in someone that has no interest in them or treat them like ****, they've got real problems.i've never known any girl like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

This idea is so irritating,i for one have never had a bad boy phase,if a person is only interested in someone that has no interest in them or treat them like ****, they've got real problems.i've never known any girl like that

Fair point, maybe I should rephrase "Most, if not all". But I don't mean guys that treat their GF like sh1t, but rather the ones that shake lads down for odds, deal a lil' bit of drugs and the ones "Dat jus' don't give a fu@k"!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement