Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do scumbags always get hot women ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Look at this guy, even with a filthy bears he pulls women. He's a good guy, but women immediately know he's confident. If women aren't noticing your confidence straight away in a bar then you aren't confident.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o8k430ufLA

to be honest, these videos are a load of bollix. Its the definition of reading too much into things.

Its a certain kind of bloke who refers to these kind of tips to pull women in the first place. The blokes with most success just do it without even realising it. The ones who follow a specific formula and play a numbers game are lacking something by their very nature.

I have to laugh at the blokes who follow these "pick up gods" and take their tips as gospel, its a load of bull.

Ive seen many a cock sure of himself bloke try to pull on his confidence alone and it gets him nowhere. Confidence is great but certainly not on its own when you are meeting someone for the first time.

These pick up experts are con artists, dont take all that bull as gospel either.

The guy in the video says similar things as you. At the end of the day the stuff he says works, that's all I judge it by. I've gone from woman repellent to pulling attractive women without even thinking about it. The most important thing I've learned is how not to give a sh1t which is easier said than done. He proves ugly men can pull with confidence and a bit of wit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Lovelyguy wrote: »
    Fair point, maybe I should rephrase "Most, if not all". But I don't mean guys that treat their GF like sh1t, but rather the ones that shake lads down for odds, deal a lil' bit of drugs and the ones "Dat jus' don't give a fu@k"!!

You did say most if not all.
    And no I still don't agree,that type of guy isn't attractive at all

Have you ever gone on their forums? It's the most creepy, desperate thing you'll ever see :D

I can't say I have :p

I do laugh though, the whole schtick seems to be that you have to give the impression you don't give a f*ck, yet their whole existence is centred around trying to impress women.

Its like amateur mind control or something :pac:

i'd say they make a fortune, its a good business model though in fairness, i'd say they are making a fair few quid out of it.

"if the ginger guy can pull, hey so can I" :D

That guy teaches how to actually not give a fukc. And it works. The videos aren't fake. I've done similar approaches myself. And it's true if he can pull then so can you. A lot of guys have all sorts of excuses why they can't attract hot women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I do laugh though, the whole schtick seems to be that you have to give the impression you don't give a f*ck, yet their whole existence is centred around trying to impress women.

i'd say they make a fortune, its a good business model though in fairness, i'd say they are making a fair few quid out of it.

It's good if you want a laugh.

Yeah, they spend a lot of their time talking, in depth, about how not to give a ****. I'm sure it works for some people and all but I'd just feel weird putting on an act like that just to impress someone.

They think they're so smooth too, it's hilarious.

And it's a great business model, fair play to the lads running it, they're making a fortune off eejits :D

I'm ginger though :(
    That guy teaches how to actually not give a fukc. And it works. The videos aren't fake. I've done similar approaches myself. And it's true if he can pull then so can you. A lot of guys have all sorts of excuses why they can't attract hot women.

Why do you need to be taught how not to give a fuck? If you have to be taught, it's not exactly not giving a fuck it is. If I want to not give a fuck, I don't give a fuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

They don't, it's a myth.

It's good if you want a laugh.

Yeah, they spend a lot of their time talking, in depth, about how not to give a ****. I'm sure it works for some people and all but I'd just feel weird putting on an act like that just to impress someone.

They think they're so smooth too, it's hilarious.

And it's a great business model, fair play to the lads running it, they're making a fortune off eejits :D

I'm ginger though :(

Why do you need to be taught how not to give a fuck? If you have to be taught, it's not exactly not giving a fuck it is. If I want to not give a fuck, I don't give a fuck.

They make you do lots of approaches to physically teach your body and instincts that approaching women is not as serious a threat to our lives in the modern era as it was when we lived in tribes where rejection approaching the wrong woman was actually a big deal. We all have numerous personalities. I'm sure around some people in certain situations you feel completely at ease and present in the moment. This personality attracts women, in other scenarios you find yourself "in your head" and not as comfortable or in the moment. This is unatteactive. The goal is to teach you body/brain to give you access to attractive personality. You do this by forcing yourself to approach numerous times. Over time you become more attractive to women because your brain allows you to not give a fukc and to have fun and to enjoy being yourself. No acting or impressing required. Trying to impress women is in itself a turn off, when you get access to your attractive personality its obvious you don't care what she thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Because scumbag women are often hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Sometimes you just can't get rid of them.

Scumbag lads are like a wart - no matter how much you pick at it, it will never truely go away.

A lot of them are just pure chancers but they will pretty much stalk a girl until she gives in just to get rid of him and then BAM relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nolanger wrote: »
    They're not as bright as the rest of us so they think with their emotions. Women like that.

I think that may actually be part of it.it's a good point
    It is? I don't even understand it tbh. "Bad boys" think with their emotions?

Those PUA guys strike me as men who are angry at women because of some women not being into them when they were younger (and it's the women's fault of course, never the guys') so they invest this anger into teaching bitches a lesson, by being bad boy playas - and sneakily manipulating women to use and discard (because all women must pay). It's not about striking up a relationship, love, even just fun flings - it's about being conniving and controlling.
    Think Tom Cruise's character in Magnolia. "Respect the cock, tame the c*nt!"
    There was a PUA guy giving tips here some time back - re-registered a few times. Man, he was sinister.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dudess wrote: »
    Those PUA guys strike me as men who are angry at women because of some women not being into them when they were younger (and it's the women's fault of course, never the guys') so they invest this anger into teaching bitches a lesson, by being bad boy playas - and sneakily manipulating women to use and discard (because all women must pay). It's not about striking up a relationship, love, even just fun flings - it's about being conniving and controlling.
    There was a PUA guy giving tips here some time back - re-registered a few times. Man, he was sinister.

yeah some of the PUA stuff is a bit weird. they come across as the type of guys trying to get a girl to weird sex acts so they can boast about what a slut she is afterwards.

I have been attracted to "bad boys" - but purely on a physical basis, I wouldn't entertain the idea of a relationship with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Curva Sud wrote: »
    Well ? :confused:

Because loads of people get them and life watchers like you get nothing schmuck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Curva Sud

Jay D wrote: »
    Because loads of people get them and life watchers like you get nothing schmuck :D

You mad bro ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

most girls are twats which is why i have no time for them, never ever ever would i be friends with a girl #bitter

also nackers do pull hot posh girls for some reason, ive seen it with my own eyes. i dont know if it happens much after 17 but it did happen, and im only talking about nackers, doesnt include posh twats in late teens/ early 20's

EdenHazard wrote: »
    most girls are twats which is why i have no time for them, never ever ever would i be friends with a girl #bitter
    Very much a candidate for PUA "guru" in later years. Very rational, kid - vowing not to be friends with any woman because of some women. Remember: the common factor in all of these experiences... is you. Assess your own attitude p'haps?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

Scummers don't get hot girls, they get dog faced Natalies who dress like slappers.

Maybe if your definition of hot is spray on tan, fake eye lashes and a debs dress from TK Max they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

I was what I would consider to be awkward and shy around women sort of guy (still am but work on putting myself "out there")...but I have to agree...I find the PUA stuff a bit off putting (reading material etc) and there does almost seem to be a revenge element to it (which is totally unjustified if thats where it goes)

but........if it helps a painfully shy person to get over their fear/shyness etc and thats as far as it goes then that's OK by me

that shyness/awkwardness/physical fear almost can be a big distressing thing for guys to get over if its let develop or they live a fairly solitary life etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

This thread seems to be posted on the "nice guys come last" hypothesis.

I don't know if that is always true, but it seems common that it is true as far as I see it. There are a whole lot of parameters in this area to be considered though right down to the thinking and beliefs of the individual, whether or not they want kids, how much do people want to be married and so on. Are people committed etc. There are a lot of variables in modern relationships. A lot of which I would want to be happy on in the first hurdle. So it mightn't be nice guys finish last, but a lot of the time it seems that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

doormats and weaker people finish last. That goes for anything realy, promotions in work is an example
    The person eager to please sitting in the corner gets nowhere while the confident person who maybe doesn't do the donkey work gets on and moves forward

You can be a nice guy without being a doormat

And maybe some of these people are a bit shocked when they see others with a backbone and who occasionally lose their temper and doesn't take crap off anyone.
    And so labels them arrogant or indeed a scumbag

philologos wrote: »
    This thread seems to be posted on the "nice guys come last" hypothesis.

I don't know if that is always true, but it seems common that it is true as far as I see it. There are a whole lot of parameters in this area to be considered though right down to the thinking and beliefs of the individual, whether or not they want kids, how much do people want to be married and so on. Are people committed etc. There are a lot of variables in modern relationships. A lot of which I would want to be happy on in the first hurdle. So it mightn't be nice guys finish last, but a lot of the time it seems that way.

I think the whole 'nice guys finish last' thing is just a way for 'nice guys' to feel better about themselves when they get rejected.
    I don't know many assholes in a long term relationship, do you? The asshole guys tend to get girls who are also assholes. That's how it works. The 'nice guy' gets rejected because he isn't willing to chase a girl. He thinks this shows respect when really it makes it seem like he can't be bothered.
    I say as this as a guy who's fallen into that trap countless times. And no, following this PUA nonsense isn't the way to get out of it either. That's just going to turn you into an asshole. Sure, you'll get girls, but you're not going to get anything meaningful out of it.

amacca wrote: »
    I was what I would consider to be awkward and shy around women sort of guy (still am but work on putting myself "out there")...but I have to agree...I find the PUA stuff a bit off putting (reading material etc) and there does almost seem to be a revenge element to it (which is totally unjustified if thats where it goes)

but........if it helps a painfully shy person to get over their fear/shyness etc and thats as far as it goes then that's OK by me

that shyness/awkwardness/physical fear almost can be a big distressing thing for guys to get over if its let develop or they live a fairly solitary life etc

It can help get over the fear/shyness, yeah but in fairness anyone looking at life with a bit of common sense should be able to find these ways of getting over the fear themselves. It's the whole community aspect of it that creeps me the hell out. Congratulating each other on pulling tricks on girls. People can try to justify it but that's all it is. It's disgusting really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I think the whole 'nice guys finish last' thing is just a way for 'nice guys' to feel better about themselves when they get rejected.
    I don't know many assholes in a long term relationship, do you? The asshole guys tend to get girls who are also assholes. That's how it works. The 'nice guy' gets rejected because he isn't willing to chase a girl. He thinks this shows respect when really it makes it seem like he can't be bothered.
    I say as this as a guy who's fallen into that trap countless times. And no, following this PUA nonsense isn't the way to get out of it either. That's just going to turn you into an asshole. Sure, you'll get girls, but you're not going to get anything meaningful out of it.

I wouldn't go as far as calling other people 'assholes' to be honest with you. However, I think there are many people who are in relationships with people that they don't respect properly. I think the over-sexualisation that's happened from 1960 onwards in society is a problem in respect to this. People tend to focus more on whether or not people are satisfying on a sexual level over whether or not people have a good personality, or whether or not they even truly love them first. That's a huge problem IMO, but I could be entirely wrong. All this should be merely taken as my 2 cents. We all fall into that problem too, myself included at times, but it is a problem IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Dr Jimbob with another spot on diagnosis tbh.

amacca wrote: »

Oh yeah if a guy uses the tips just to get over shyness, nothing more ill-intentioned, then cool - that's a good thing. I appreciate it can be tougher for guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

mikemac1 wrote: »
    doormats and weaker people finish last. That goes for anything realy, promotions in work is an example
    The person eager to please sitting in the corner gets nowhere while the confident person who maybe doesn't do the donkey work gets on and moves forward

You can be a nice guy without being a doormat

And maybe some of these people are a bit shocked when they see others with a backbone and who occasionally lose their temper and doesn't take crap off anyone.
    And so labels them arrogant or indeed a scumbag

This post should really be the reply to the OP and the thread locked. Just because someone is nice doesn't mean they have to be a pushover. Likewise just because someone is confident doesn't mean they're automatically an arsehole/dickhead/bad boy etc.

Oh yeah if a guy uses the tips just to get over shyness, nothing more ill-intentioned, then cool - that's a good thing. I appreciate it can be tougher for guys.

You'd be suprised how many women struggle to understand the difference between men and women when it comes to 'dating' etc. This isn't meant in a negative light but more an observation since a minority of women approach men so a lot don't really understand the whole rejection concept as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Comes down to social intelligence.

And confidence as mentioned so many times on this thread. Getting rejected a few times means you just try again, not hate women because of your own failures and lack of social intelligence.

As much as PUA stuff is crap as is nice guy stuff, you see posts in here more pathetic than those 2, "the all women are bitches stuff". At least guys learning PUA want to learn something, not wallow in self pity.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I wouldn't go as far as calling other people 'assholes' to be honest with you. However, I think there are many people who are in relationships with people that they don't respect properly. I think the over-sexualisation that's happened from 1960 onwards in society is a problem in respect to this. People tend to focus more on whether or not people are satisfying on a sexual level over whether or not people have a good personality, or whether or not they even truly love them first. That's a huge problem IMO, but I could be entirely wrong. All this should be merely taken as my 2 cents. We all fall into that problem too, myself included at times, but it is a problem IMO.

that has nothing to do with it :confused:

Some people are assholes though, that's just reality. They tend to attract other assholes, both for friendship and relationship. My point was these 'scumbags' may attract good looking women, but those women are probably 'scumbags' as well. As someone else pointed out (I think), being good looking does not make you a good person.

I don't quite get where you're coming from with the over-sexualisation point, people aren't as sexually repressed as they used to be but in my eyes that's a good thing. I also don't see any problem with sexual attraction being a major part of a relationship. I'd say sexual attraction is an important part of true love, not something that should come afterwards. I don't think you can truly love someone in a romantic way unless there's a sexual connection. Although, same as you, I'm just giving my own view on things, and I accept that others may see it differently.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Comes down to social intelligence.

And confidence as mentioned so many times on this thread. Getting rejected a few times means you just try again, not hate women because of your own failures and lack of social intelligence.

As much as PUA stuff is crap as is nice guy stuff, you see posts in here more pathetic than those 2, "the all women are bitches stuff". At least guys learning PUA want to learn something, not wallow in self pity.

Most of the PUA stuff seems to be based around the 'all women are bitches' mentality. They seem to see women as targets rather than other people. It doesn't sit well with me.

I think that the following should dispel any rumors regarding scumbags getting hot women.

Be warned that the link contains images which once seen cannot be unseen.

You have been WARNED!!!!!

I think that the following should dispel any rumors regarding scumbags getting hot women.

Be warned that the link contains images which once seen cannot be unseen.

You have been WARNED!!!!!

You should be banned for that :pac:

bluewolf wrote: »
    that has nothing to do with it :confused:

In fairness, I think he has a point. Totally coming at it from totally different viewpoints but he has a point. I don't see freedom in a sexuality as a bad thing, just think things may have gone a bit too far, Phil just thinks more freedom in sexuality is governed by the laws of the Catholic Church! ;)

Still, I can see his point.

He looks for guidance from the Pope, I look for guidance from the new Dylan Moran video I watched tonight, so I just curl up in a sleeping bag and hope nobody notices me!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 darcycheng

lifes just not fair-thats why

In fairness, I think he has a point. Totally coming at it from totally different viewpoints but he has a point. I don't see freedom in a sexuality as a bad thing, just think things may have gone a bit too far, Phil just thinks more freedom in sexuality is governed by the laws of the Catholic Church! ;)

Still, I can see his point.

He looks for guidance from the Pope, I look for guidance from the new Dylan Moran video I watched tonight, so I just curl up in a sleeping bag and hope nobody notices me!

I don't think that people being in a relationship where one doesn't necessarily respect the other has anything to do with sex, no, just look at all the marriages that exist/ed where there's no respect :confused:
    if you want to argue that society is oversexualised that's one thing, but mismatched couples has been going on forever i'd say

i also think that this
    People tend to focus more on whether or not people are satisfying on a sexual level over whether or not people have a good personality
    is just plain not true judging by the number of couples who would love to stay together and love each other to bits and go through years of drought sexually or other incompatibilities

Most of the PUA stuff seems to be based around the 'all women are bitches' mentality. They seem to see women as targets rather than other people. It doesn't sit well with me.

Indeed. 20% is useful, 80% is Tom Cruise in Magnolia. Comes down to social intelligence again and unfortunately, so many people don't have a clue about it, so just say men are baxtards or women are biatches.

THen you have the other side. You don't like Latte's, that's our week long relationship ended, the sex was good though!

bluewolf wrote: »
    if you want to argue that society is oversexualised that's one thing, but mismatched couples has been going on forever i'd say

:D I think I posted similar just now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

I would agree with your saying that Philologos has a point. I'm fairly sure he isn't a Catholic, though.

While the original PUA concept was relatively good- self improvement, helping shy men be able to relate to women socially, building up self confidence and self esteem this is no longer the case. Even a quick google will reveal many of the PUA sites have a very nasty undercurrent. They treat women as the 'enemy' and warn of all the mind tricks they use to trap men and mess them about. It's very unpleasant and just plain misogynistic in a lot of cases.

I think many of the PUA devotees are attempting to get revenge on all women for what one or two females did to them when they were younger. All in all a very creepy phenomenon. While the PUA thing certainly has its merits they've sadly been swamped by a lot of women hating.

• Advertisement

Noreen1 wrote: »
    I would agree with your saying that Philologos has a point. I'm fairly sure he isn't a Catholic, though.

All Purple Monkey Dishwasher to me, but I do believe you are correct. Just another brand of crisps!:D

I do respect Phil sees the difference, as do you! :D

I'm fairly sure Philologos couldn't be less Catholic :pac:.

I'm fairly sure Philologos couldn't be less Catholic :pac:.
    Anglican I think.

Anglican I think.

Hmmm, thought it was more evangelical than that but you may be right. :)

Anglican I think.

Don't they have gay priests?

:D

Anglican I think.

Don't they have gay priests?

:D
    They tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Speaking as a scumbag myself, I think it's the intimidation factor that turns the ladies on. They like the fact that I can give a rival a ruddy good thrashing if he so much as looks in my direction.

Expect you will find that the vast majority of scum bags just think they are hard and when it comes to it, unless they have a gang with them they are the ones getting their heads kicked in.

They tried.

Are they not allowed? There may have been a bit of a split as in the Irish Republican tradition.

Think it's:

Gay Vicars: Up with that sort of thing. (Ooooeerrrrr Matron)

Gay marriage or partners: Down with that sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

You'll rarely find a good quality, well educated woman hanging off the arm of a criminal.

She'll just be a good looking local girl who has no qualms living off the proceeds of crime.

Not exactly "hot" IMO.

She may have a tight arse, nice tits, etc but there are plenty of women out there who have those assets and also possess a brain and a bit of respect for themselves.

• Advertisement

A gay Anglican vicar went for bishop status or something and got wide support but the Anglican church of Nigeria rejected the motion. Details may be sketchy - too tipsy to google.

Advertisement