Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do scumbags always get hot women ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭twinytwo

mossyc123 wrote: »
    You'll rarely find a good quality, well educated woman hanging off the arm of a criminal.

She'll just be a good looking local girl who has no qualms living off the proceeds of crime.

Not exactly "hot" IMO.

She may have a tight arse, nice tits, etc but there are plenty of women out there who have those assets and also possess a brain and a bit of respect for themselves.

exactly.. just like most of the time you see the hotter women getting out of the mercs, audis etc rather than the big purple golf with 21 inch revolving rims

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

this thread is full of sh!te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

beano345 wrote: »
    this thread is full of sh!te
    How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

I'm fairly sure Philologos couldn't be less Catholic :pac:.

??? Does it matter?:confused:
    I only mentioned it because of the remarks addressed to him about the Pope.
    I've always found his posts to be respectful of other beliefs (or non-belief), which is a quality I admire, and one I generally try to reciprocate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

While the original PUA concept was relatively good- self improvement, helping shy men be able to relate to women socially, building up self confidence and self esteem this is no longer the case. Even a quick google will reveal many of the PUA sites have a very nasty undercurrent. They treat women as the 'enemy' and warn of all the mind tricks they use to trap men and mess them about. It's very unpleasant and just plain misogynistic in a lot of cases.

I think many of the PUA devotees are attempting to get revenge on all women for what one or two females did to them when they were younger. All in all a very creepy phenomenon. While the PUA thing certainly has its merits they've sadly been swamped by a lot of women hating.

Most of the things they claim are mind tricks are just examples of normal behaviour that they're interpreting in ridiculous ways. Speaking of the nasty undercurrent, I came across a site the other day that only referred to women as bitches, and gave what the author apparently thought were sound reasons for this. And yes, he was a member of that ridiculous 'community'.

It has it's merits when the basic ideas are used by sensible people. That doesn't seem to be the case too often judging by those websites.

I've talked to a worrying amount of women who seem to think a majority of men think like that too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

i wouldnt even bother explaining.. the same people run out of the same corners talking the same old crap as if its an equation no concept of humanity at all...pretty sad

Surely you can explain what's shyte? Otherwise your post just looks like "Look at me!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Dudess wrote: »
    A gay Anglican vicar went for bishop status or something and got wide support but the Anglican church of Nigeria rejected the motion. Details may be sketchy - too tipsy to google.

I like it Dudess. Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

beano345 wrote: »
    i wouldnt even bother explaining.. the same people run out of the same corners talking the same old crap as if its an equation no concept of humanity at all...pretty sad

At least you're so much better than reducing yourself to being bitchy on the internet....

Domo230 wrote: »
    Why all the PUA hate?

A few bad examples does not mean they are all like that.
    There just trying to improve themselves, there's no tricks involved with any of the stuff I have read.

At least I hope so cause there the last shot I've got at this stage. I would consider joining a group of them if I ever found one cause the alternative solutions of be yourself or join clubs etc are too vague to have had any improvement on me.

Because a community based on manipulating women for the purpose of having them sleep with you is disgusting and creepy.

By all means follow the self improvement parts, there's some solid advice in there, I've looked at plenty of it myself. Just don't become part of the community. To look at some of the forums you'd think every woman was a machine, and there's just a manual you can follow to get them to sleep with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Couple a things I've noticed about myself.

Deep breath, now, a bit of life history.

I used to drink fairly little till I was about 22 ish, in that time I was shy with women, poor at "pulling" but that was ok cos I had the hottest wheels in town, and enough pretty girls were impressed by that crap. :D

Then gradually I drank a more for about 8 years, - that helped a lot with the shyness, I could nearly always score if I was drunk. No fear whatsoever, knew i could score and that became self fulfilling. I was always cocky, and often an asshole.
    So I got drunk a bit too often :o

I taught dance to adults for a few years, my confidence was high, - I was the best dancer and I knew it, -> easy to score in that situation.

Then I stopped drinking and got married. That lasted 5 years, so no pulling in that timeframe. It's not cool to do that. :cool:

When that ended, the only way I can describe how it was to be single again age 34, without the crutch, is it was as if I had instantly become 16 again. Absolutely hopeless. Frozen with irrational fear of rejection :( Worse, I knew what was happening and why, and couldn't seem to do anything about it. I had plenty "us nice guys come last" type moments. :rolleyes

I'm now 38 and still struggle with this at times, - these last couple of months I couldn't pull if my life depended on it. :o:(

The one constant I've noticed all through being younger, older, confidence, no confidence, drunk, sober, has been this : Any girl I've ever been really really attracted to beyond the normal, - I've ended up with. It's like all the insecurities get swept aside, - I'll find a way to be chatting to her within 10 minutes of seeing her. I can't do it at will, nor can I explain it, - it just happens when I'm really really really interested. It's like if I don't give enough of a sh1t, my brain won't bother putting the effort in. :confused:

And it's fcuking great :D:D

It's like my own personal disinterest filter. :pac:

Domo230 wrote: »
    Well what do you mean by manipulation. Men trying to sleep with attractive women by showing them their best qualities hardly sounds like manipulation to me.

I'll keep my eyes peeled but I get the feeling many people criticise PUA without any knowledge of it (not implying you don't as you said you have read some of the material). Not saying there aren't bad examples of PUA's, there certainly seem to be but most don't seem this way.

And realistically what's the alternative? Be yourself? As the saying goes "If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got". They are the only viable shot of improvement for many men and I can hardly fault them for trying to fix an area of their lives that is important to them. When a better alternative comes along I will do that, but for now this seems like this combined with improving your looks is the only realistic shot for most people to improve.

Showing your best qualities to women is a great thing. No issue there at all. Pretending you have qualities that you don't in order to sleep with women is manipulation.

Like I said though, I'm not realy talking about the basic idea of being confident around women. Of course there's nothing wrong with that. If you look at some of the PUA forums though, they seem to be obsessed with their rules. Then they seem surprised because these rules don't always work. I'm probably talking about people who are getting much deeper into it than you or most people have any intention of doing so maybe it doesn't really matter.

And yes, be yourself. It might result in a lot of rejection, but anyone you get with by being yourself is going to be worth keeping. I try to be myself, I'm not gonna say I have the ladies chasing after me, but I'm not exactly sitting at home crying and fapping at girls on redtube every night either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Scumbags get hot women for the same reasons anyone gets hot women.

Dominance
    She knows he'll do things to her in bed she secretly craves but won't ask nice guys for.
    He takes charge and leads.
    He's someone you want on your side because he won't allow himself to be treated badly.

Manners and kindness etc offers virtually no value to women. Anyone can be like that. A man needs to offer more than other men can to consistently get hot women. Why would hot women select niceness as criteria to find the best men. Anyone can be nice. That's why being nice to get wonen is a turn off. It signals you aren't already good enough.

You are talking sh1te.

By not having manners and kindness towards someone you have no respect for them. Building a relationship with a lack of respect and courtesy will do nothing.

I hope nobody is daft enough to follow this.

On different note but a similar one, I found someone attractive when he offered to share his brolly at the bus stop on a wet day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

No its not his half arsed attempt thats going to make her turn him down.its his overall half arsed attitude. Women like confidence,same as men do.if you so easily sink to the friend role you're not going to be attractive to her. Women like men to be men!
    Agreed. And men WANT to be men. But decades of feminist beating men over the head, pressure to be sensitive and to explore our feminine sides, men are unsurprisingly bewildered by the mixed messages and counterintuitive social pressure. We've ended up with bitch ass male role models such as david beckham, usher and graham norton, where as our fathers had clint eastwood, oliver reed and gene hackman.
    So do you want a man who is gonna spend time massaging your erogenous zones, talk about his feelings and help you pick out soft furnishings or do you want a man who is gonna come in late, eat, bang you hard up against the wall and then go to drink whiskey?
    You're very unlikely to get a perfect mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭simit

Must be the Burberry Baseball caps that attract 'de moths'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Hmmm, thought it was more evangelical than that but you may be right. :)
    Anglican I think.

Both are true.

I think a whole swathe of problems arise when people are more interested in the sexual side of a relationship in comparison to other sides. This could be one of them. Unfortunately, a lot of people are more interested in that than in a full relationship.

Again, I could be wrong, but I definitely think that it is something to be considered.

I'm also not arguing about "sexual freedom" at all. What I am saying is that a lot of relationships become solely about sexuality rather than about anything else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

ilovesleep wrote: »

Dominance
    She knows he'll do things to her in bed she secretly craves but won't ask nice guys for.
    He's someone you want on your side because he won't allow himself to be treated badly.

Manners and kindness etc offers virtually no value to women. Anyone can be like that. A man needs to offer more than other men can to consistently get hot women. Why would hot women select niceness as criteria to find the best men. Anyone can be nice. That's why being nice to get wonen is a turn off. It signals you aren't already good enough.

You are talking sh1te.

By not having manners and kindness towards someone you have no respect for them. Building a relationship with a lack of respect and courtesy will do nothing.

I hope nobody is daft enough to follow this.

On different note but a similar one, I found someone attractive when he offered to share his brolly at the bus stop on a wet day.

Not saying don't be nice, niceness doesn't make women wet, that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Dominance

There's a huge difference between wanting to be dominated/have depraved and fantastic things done to you in the bedroom and wanting to be treated like cr&p outside it you know.

All most women want is a hot, filthy man with lovely manners IMO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 MGHOW

Independence kills the natural bond and attraction between the sexes. As female independence increases under feminism, women now focus on the one remaining authoritative element still ruling their lives: social authority by way of social status. Men of high social status receive constant praise. Since women need praise, they naturally seek out those who are able to obtain it. Due to the ****ed up post-modern social dynamics in the West, degenerates are considered 'cool' and have the highest social standing. This is why scumbags always get hot women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

A gee's a gee at the end of the day, it doesnt matter what face it attached to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

First you'd need to define what a scumbag is. I would say a scumbag is the lowest of the low, an utterly charmless person with little or no redeedming qualities. They obviously don't get 'all the hawt wimmin'. Cocky prícks do, there's a difference :pac:

MGHOW wrote: »
    Independence kills the natural bond and attraction between the sexes. As female independence increases under feminism, women now focus on the one remaining authoritative element still ruling their lives: social authority by way of social status. Men of high social status receive constant praise. Since women need praise, they naturally seek out those who are able to obtain it. Due to the ****ed up post-modern social dynamics in the West, degenerates are considered 'cool' and have the highest social standing. This is why scumbags always get hot women.
    Such anger. It's not women's fault you aren't successful at pulling...

Such anger. It's not women's fault you aren't successful at pulling...

If I was an aspiring player who's failing to 'pull' women, then you would have room to criticize me. But I'm not. I'm just an average guy looking to get one good female into my life, which has become a near impossible task in the West as relationships are entirely based on the wrong things.

There's very clearly an absence of real love in contemporary Western society for a variety of reasons. This is most evident in the clear over-emphasis on sex. If you examine certain other cultures where the difference between male and female is distinct (not just biologically) and where social restraints on sex exist, you can clearly see there is a strong bond present between the sexes that is about far more than just sex.

The disconnect we're seeing in the West (particularly the Anglosphere) is caused by feminism (the merging of masculinity and femininity into a single androgynous entity) and other forms of liberalization, all of which contribute to the destruction relationships and therefore the family unit (the fundamental foundation of society.)

I've seen your previous posts - some scary stuff. How do you expect love when you've that attitude? But no, it's not you, it's everyone else who's the problem...

If I was an aspiring player who's failing to 'pull' women, then you would have room to criticize me. But I'm not. I'm just an average guy looking to get one good female into my life, which has become a near impossible task in the West as relationships are entirely based on the wrong things.

There's very clearly an absence of real love in contemporary Western society for a variety of reasons. This is most evident in the clear over-emphasis on sex. If you examine certain other cultures where the difference between male and female is distinct (not just biologically) and where social restraints on sex exist, you can clearly see there is a strong bond present between the sexes that is about far more than just sex.

The disconnect we're seeing in the West (particularly the Anglosphere) is caused by feminism (the merging of masculinity and femininity into a single androgynous entity) and other forms of liberalization, all of which contribute to the destruction relationships and therefore the family unit (the fundamental foundation of society.)

You sound more full of hatred than love.

What social restraints on sex would you like to see?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

What type of woman, specifically, would you like to have in your life?

Such anger would make it difficult to meet a nice woman, I fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Jayob10 wrote: »
    The majority of women need the physical attraction as sheer minimum.

Um, isn't this true of everyone, male and female? :confused: Actually, I would think women are judged more on this score. If a lad is average-looking but hilarious he'll score.
    Look at this guy, even with a filthy bears he pulls women. He's a good guy, but women immediately know he's confident. If women aren't noticing your confidence straight away in a bar then you aren't confident.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o8k430ufLA

Seriously, how many more times are you going to post that link? You're PUAistry's bitch. :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

With a name like mine, I'm guaranteed at least two 'whore tarts'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I never noticed, scumbags in my experience and observation usually end up braziers and scumbag women.

They usually make a lovely couple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

What social restraints would you like? Your other posts indicate it's probably some religious type state like Saudi Arabia I suspect however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

And if I protest against this, I'll be labelled an angry "man hater" again....:rolleyes: Yep, that's fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Mr Nice Guy buys flowers, says "I love You" , is complimentary, tells her shes gorgeous etc.
    Her reaction: gets bored and gives Mr Nice Guy to old "I need my space, not ready for a relationship, I've been hurt before" story. The narcissism exam is passed with flying colours!

Jayob10 wrote: »
    The majority of women need the physical attraction as sheer minimum.

Um, isn't this true of everyone, male and female? :confused: Actually, I would think women are judged more on this score. If a lad is average-looking but hilarious he'll score.
    Definitely. If a guy is as you say, and also confident, he'll get women queuing up. I know plenty of such guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Originally Posted by MGHOW viewpost.gif

LOL

The funniest post I ever read on boards. But I take it you weren't being serious.

But I have often thought some women were lesbians when they refused my advances. But feminists, I usually refuse their advances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

I heard that this benefit will too be cut in half.

• Advertisement

Mr Nice Guy buys flowers, says "I love You" , is complimentary, tells her shes gorgeous etc.
    Her reaction: gets bored and gives Mr Nice Guy to old "I need my space, not ready for a relationship, I've been hurt before" story. The narcissism exam is passed with flying colours!
    No, I love all that - once he has some backbone.

What are people getting at when they talk about "backbone" and being a "pushover"? I don't see what place either have in the argument. If someone could explain that to me it'd help me a lot in trying to see where you're coming from.

What social restraints would you like? Your other posts indicate it's probably some religious type state like Saudi Arabia I suspect however.

Inaccurate wording on my part. I wasn't referring to enforced sexual restraints, but rather sexual restraints that exist out of free-will.

If you examine how it is in the West, women are largely seen by men as little more than sex-objects. This is due to feminism. women have - to a very large extent - lost their femininity in every aspect except for their physical appearance. The societal over-emphasis on women's looks is no coincidence; it's their only distinct feminine aspect left for them to be judged by.

If these women had retained their femininity (like many women have on a global scale), men would judge women on how feminine they are in all aspects of them, not just physical. They would want women for more than just sex and would want to commit to and marry them.

philologos wrote: »
    What are people getting at when they talk about "backbone" and being a "pushover"? I don't see what place either have in the argument. If someone could explain that to me it'd help me a lot in trying to see where you're coming from.

some people just take crap and won't ever say a word against it
    they'll make everything about her and doing nice things for her and be nearly needy without appearing to have any sense of self possession, general secureness in themselves, or be interesting

someone is not a pushover when you know if you cancel dates at the last minute, if you pick them up only when you want some emotional support and then drop them again, or if you throw hissy fits at them for no reason, you know they'll tell you to fcuk off because they know they're worth more than that

the guys who sit around whingeing that they are nice guys and would do anything for their friends and wonder why nobody likes them enough or thinks much of them - those are the doormats

where they come into the argument is that frequently "nice guy" threads are started by these types: either benign enough in that they're just wondering where they are going wrong; some get a bit vicious and blame women for not daring to go out with them, be a shoulder to cry on for a female friend while secretly hoping it'll get her to want them and then start getting nasty when she finds someone who is actually interesting

some immature women will confuse arrogance for confidence and get treated badly while they're looking for that in-between person, but it's not being treated badly they're looking for

Thanks for that, this really helps.

Personally, I don't see why anyone would put up with being in a relationship like that. This thread seems to be looking to the reverse though.

Why do so many women seem happy enough to put up with guys who mistreat them, rather than pursuing the type of guy who will take a real interest and care in them?

The scenario that you've described is simply the reverse of what I'm thinking about, that is when a guy goes out with a girl who doesn't particularly care about him. People generally should have the sense not to get into that type of relationship. It works both ways I suspect.

• Advertisement

Most women who grow up in countries outside of the Western world aren't Hollywood indoctrinated and require treatment completely opposite to that of a Western woman. Non-feminized women respond positively to men treating them well, (and usually vice versa although there are plenty of dumb women who fall into something like battered wife syndrome). So anyways, just a little heads up to the men who suffer from the issue relative to the OP; you're dealing with heavily dysfunctional women, don't draw conclusions about human nature when dealing with them. Try not to let them affect your mental health and your manhood.

Mod note: banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Most women who grow up in countries outside of the Western world aren't Hollywood indoctrinated and require treatment completely opposite to that of a Western woman. Non-feminized women respond positively to men treating them well, (and usually vice versa although there are plenty of dumb women who fall into something like battered wife syndrome). So anyways, just a little heads up to the men who suffer from the issue relative to the OP; you're dealing with heavily dysfunctional women, don't draw conclusions about human nature when dealing with them. Try not to let them affect your mental health and your manhood.

Sweet mother of christ!!!

philologos wrote: »
    Thanks for that, this really helps.

Personally, I don't see why anyone would put up with being in a relationship like that. This thread seems to be looking to the reverse though.

Why do so many women seem happy enough to put up with guys who mistreat them, rather than pursuing the type of guy who will take a real interest and care in them?

The scenario that you've described is simply the reverse of what I'm thinking about, that is when a guy goes out with a girl who doesn't particularly care about him. People generally should have the sense not to get into that type of relationship. It works both ways I suspect.

lovely on paper but people do all sorts of things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

There's a time and a place for manners and respect, always have been and and always will. That's were some of these PUA guys get a bit obsessive, wanting to be the Alpha Male! An Alpha Make is perfectly happy to show manners and respect, not like some of these other ignorant oafs in PUA.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Wouldn't "feminized" mean feminine rather than feminist?

You're one to talk about heavily dysfunctional btw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

This thread is nonsensical.

How many "scumbags" have you seen with a woman coming from a wealthy background - a woman that can actually offer you something in life just as you can offer her? Zero.

There is a class match-up in this country. Nobody wants to marry beneath them and that's quite understandable. As far as "hot women" are concerned, what is so hot about a woman that has been around the block several times over? Nothing - the exact same as a man I'd imagine women feel. Perhaps my definition of hot is something different. I'd prefer a woman interested in travel, education and work - not a woman who's idea of a "rappih time" involves sitting in with 6 cans of Dutch Gold.

K-9 wrote: »

There's a time and a place for manners and respect, always have been and and always will. That's were some of these PUA guys get a bit obsessive, wanting to be the Alpha Male! An Alpha Make is perfectly happy to show manners and respect, not like some of these other ignorant oafs in PUA.

Of course, but on its own without dominance, self acceptance etc won't get a man very far with hot women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

How many "scumbags" have you seen with a woman coming from a wealthy background - a woman that can actually offer you something in life just as you can offer her? Zero.
    I think the OP is confusing 'hot women' with 'women who have their wares on display'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

'scumbags' seem to get hot women because they go out and socialise , the bad boy aspect , and they dont look like women (hipsters / guys in skinny jeans) and most importantly self confidence.

Wouldn't "feminized" mean feminine rather than feminist?

No, feminized means indoctrinated into or poisoned by Feminism.

It's clever subliminal messaging by the elites to affiliate desired associations in the minds of the masses towards certain words.

Another example would be: Israel = Is real.
    You're one to talk about heavily dysfunctional btw...

I don't have time for this irrelevant BS. Either attack the specifics of the message and give a legitimized reason for doing so along with a counter-argument or shut up. Attacking individuals just paints you as brainless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement