Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carphonewarehouse blunder

• 04-02-2012 2:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4

I wonder any reason carphonewarehouse does not sell Ipad 2 as it is the most popular tablet around?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Its not a blunder, to sell ipad/mac you have to be a genuine apple reseller, which carphone warehouse is not.

i'm not sure why they're not, but i'm led to believe that to be a genuine reseller you need to go through training which given the amount of stores/staff carphone have it may not be feasible.

thats only a guess on my part though, maybe someone else with some knowledge will answer for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

As 120 said its not a blunder ,Its not training either as Carphone Warehouse UK sells the iPad and its not that hard for CPW HQ to organise training sessions.
    From what I've picked up CPW IRE has tried to get the iPad but its some disagreement about CPW IRE being more of a Mobile Phone shop then a all round Computing shop(Hope that makes sense), whereas CPW UK sells everything it can possibly get its hands on(more market influence in the UK probably as well).

Source:insider.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

They make their money on the contracts and the data sims not the hardware, which is usually sold at small profits or even at a loss.

Advertisement