Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question & Answer Thread **no chat**

Options
  • 04-02-2012 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭

Asked retr0 if we could get a Q&A thread for questions that don't deserve their own thread. If it fails, meh, it was worth a try!

==========

1. What is 3D gaming like? Is it better than 3D in the cinema?

2. What's the largest size (memory wise) hard drive can fit into a PS3? I know it has to be a 2.5" SATA to fit in the bay.

3. Do 360 joypads (with the chargers) loose charge when they are off? If I fully charge a joypad, a leave it for (eg) two weeks, next time i turn it on, seems to be zapped of energy. Or is mine boned?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

1. What is 3D gaming like? Is it better than 3D in the cinema?

2. What's the largest size (memory wise) hard drive can fit into a PS3? I know it has to be a 2.5" SATA to fit in the bay.

3. Do 360 joypads (with the chargers) loose charge when they are off? If I fully charge a joypad, a leave it for (eg) two weeks, next time i turn it on, seems to be zapped of energy. Or is mine boned?

1. Hit and miss imo seems like a tacted on feature to me in most games

2. 1TB

3. They can lose charge at that rate i had a controller where a led on it stayed on all the time but. TBH sounds like your battery is on its last legs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Cool idea.

What are the top survival horror games on PC that never made it to console? I have Amnesia, would like to try others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Q: What's the fairest but hardest game you've ever played?

A: Trials HD.

Hardest levels are brilliant and can crack you up but its do-able!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Asked retr0 if we could get a Q&A thread for questions that don't deserve their own thread. If it fails, meh, it was worth a try!

Seagate do a 1.5 TB but the cheapest I've seen it is $199.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Q: Am i the only one who enjoys the Lego Batman/Harry Potter games a bit too much? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Q: Am i the only one who enjoys the Lego Batman/Harry Potter games a bit too much? :D

A: No :o and now that they are releasing Lord of the Rings lego packs and figures, I expect there to be a Lego game of that ...... or there will be blood spilled!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Q: is anyone else thinking bioware have lost it by developing a command and conquer game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Cool idea.

What are the top survival horror games on PC that never made it to console? I have Amnesia, would like to try others.

Amnesia is made by the same people who made Penumbra I think.
    If you like that it will be right up your alley.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Q: is anyone else thinking bioware have lost it by developing a command and conquer game?

Bioware havent lost anything. The problem is that EA have rebranded a few smaller stupio's to Bioware, to give them more prestige. There are 8 different Bioware studio's at the moment.

Bioware Victory (formarlly Victory Games) are doing the new CnC game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Can anyone recommend a good alternative to my PS3 controller, i keep hitting the dirt when i try to shoot in BF3 by pressing down on R3. Did i hear about a controller with the same layout as the 360? This might help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Kiith wrote: »
    Bioware havent lost anything. The problem is that EA have rebranded a few smaller stupio's to Bioware, to give them more prestige. There are 8 different Bioware studio's at the moment.

Bioware Victory (formarlly Victory Games) are doing the new CnC game.

The Bioware brand has lost, and will continue to lose, prestige.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Seagate do a 1.5 TB but the cheapest I've seen it is $199.

Surely that not a standard 9.5mm height 2.5" drive drive though? Pretty sure the largest standard height drives are still 1TB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Fnz wrote: »
    The Bioware brand has lost, and will continue to lose, prestige.
    marco_polo wrote: »
    Surely that not a standard 9.5mm height 2.5" drive drive though? Pretty sure the largest standard height drives are still 1TB.

Chat chat chat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

would onboard sound on modern mobo's be better than my 5 year old X-Fi card?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

This will be fail. We are talking about gamers and there are so many different opinions about same stuff.

So there will be chat chat chat and lots of clash of opinions.

What we need: a thread for general chat for all topics and a offtopic thread. Works perfectly in "building pc" forum.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Skerries wrote: »

I'd certainly say the same quality anyway at least not sure if nescessarly better, I actually have an X-FI one instead of my onboard because even though the onboard was pretty good I was getting some ststic/interferance that I couldn't resolve any other way.

Any board with a good Realtek HD audio chipset is going to satisfy all but the fussiest of audiophiles IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

This wasn't supposed to be an opinions thread, just practical questions that don't deserve their own thread :P

My friend has netflix and it's on his Xbox. My 360 is the old one, and his is the new black one that's thinner (so the HDDs won't fit) Is there a way he can bring his avatar over via a USB flash disc and watch Netflix via Xbox while he's at my place? I suppose i'm asking if 1) can you sign in your avatar at someone else's house, and 2) is Netflix attached to the Xbox, not the user?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

My friend has netflix and it's on his Xbox. My 360 is the old one, and his is the new black one that's thinner (so the HDDs won't fit) Is there a way he can bring his avatar over via a USB flash disc and watch Netflix via Xbox while he's at my place? I suppose i'm asking if 1) can you sign in your avatar at someone else's house, and 2) is Netflix attached to the Xbox, not the user?

Try any of these options, it allows you to use your account on another console, so i'd imagine NetFlix would be incuded...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Q: are their anybody else who dont give a crap bout the next gen of consoles to come out in the next few years , giving the current state of unoriginality and lack of new ips , Fps overloaded on the market and also with dlc packs and dlc pre order exclusives ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Nope. My old Audigy 2 ZS still sounded better than any onboard audio I've heard in the last couple of years.

Audio is, imo, one of the most criminally underrated aspects of the modern gaming PCs. :(
    Q: are their anybody else who dont give a crap bout the next gen of consoles to come out in the next few years , giving the current state of unoriginality and lack of new ips , Fps overloaded on the market and also with dlc packs and dlc pre order exclusives ?
    Nope, because the games industry is, at the moment, about as unoriginal as the music industry, i.e. it's not. The mainstream stuff will still be there to appeal to the masses but there is still a huge number of fantastic games being released which are both original and fantastic in near equal measure from a variety of studios of different sizes.
    weiland79 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good alternative to my PS3 controller, i keep hitting the dirt when i try to shoot in BF3 by pressing down on R3. Did i hear about a controller with the same layout as the 360? This might help.
    You did indeed, the PowerA controller. Reviews are so-so so, facing the same problem as yourself, I've decided to go for this and these in an effort to beef my existing controller up a bit.

these are also essential for your PS3 controller, but get a few packs as they break after a while

these are also essential for your PS3 controller, but get a few packs as they break after a while

I have those but i don't think they help at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I have those but i don't think they help at all.

I had a set of them already and they certainly made the triggers monumentally less rubbish, their lack of durability was a bummer. The ones I linked above are meant to be slightly better I believe, if not, I'll just pick up another couple of pairs of the Giotek ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Found this, sorry don't know how to shorten the link.

http://store.gameshark.net/Major_League_Gaming_Pro_Circuit_Controller_for_PlayStation3/5146/327

Seems you can can change the layout of the controller from Xbox to PS3. A bit pricey but i don't mind that so much.

SeantheMan wrote: »

I know that is the answer to life, the universe and everything but I will have to invoke the Wookie defense

Advertisement