Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone studied at (or heard of) Cork City College or Limerick City College?

Options
  • 04-02-2012 3:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I just stumbled across Cork City College the other day when looking around for courses on the net. Operating since 2009 they offer a variety of "full time" courses (15 hrs a week) from about a grand upwards (and p/t courses which are even cheaper) from ABE UK, Association of Business Executives, that are validated or accredited or whatever the correct term is by Ofqual in the UK. Their courses are classroom based, not distance. They have p/t courses which I think are once a week and their "full time" ABE courses are 15 hrs a week for one year, Feb to May/June, summer break and back in Sept/Oct to Dec as far as I know, which are spread over two days a week. Would be better over say 3 days I think but that's not how they've structured it.

They also offer ACCA Accounting Technician courses.

Their ABE diplomas look interesting, I think. Not that I'd ever heard of ABE before. The syllabus for some courses has changed to what you see online at the Cork college site, the correct syllabus is available on the website of their sister college in Limerick, Limerick City College This has happened because ABE have just very recently changed their syllabus. I've been onto them recently just inquiring about courses. I'm sure the Cork college will update their site in due course. So, anyone hear of them? If you did, what do you think of them? If you didn't, well, what do you think of them?

They also offer 3 different BA's in Business from Birmingham City University at a cost of €2700 per academic year, which I think is pretty good especially as the student fee for "regular" uni's and IT's is now what, €2000 a year or something and possibly going up! The BA (Hons) degree is a f/t classroom based (21 hours a week) 3 year course. I did a search for them on boards before posting this but couldn't find them mentioned anywhere which I found a little odd. Guess people just don't know about them or something. So, what do people think about them? To me it looks pretty good. For some reason some of their ABE courses in Limerick are cheaper than Cork. Anyway just wanted to let folks know that they exist in case they are of use to anyone and also to see what people think of them before I consider dishing out some of my moula for a course. Thanks.

Advertisement