Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One million moms have a problem with Ellen....

• 04-02-2012 5:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

http://www.digitalspy.ie/showbiz/news/a363874/jcpenney-stands-by-decision-to-hire-ellen-degeneres-as-spokesperson.html
    One Million Mums said in a statement: "By jumping on the pro-gay bandwagon, JCPenney is attempting to gain a new target market and in the process will lose customers with traditional values that have been faithful to them over all these years…

"JCPenney has made a poor decision and must correct their mistake fast to retain loyal customers and not turn away potential new, conservative shoppers with the company's new vision."

Modern day American conservatism people... Retail giant JC Penney slammed for hiring a lesbian as their spokesperson.

It's scary to think Obama could be replaced by someone who holds similar values to these bigots.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

One millon moms can go fuck themselves, Ellen is a top, top bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

The-Rigger wrote: »
    One millon moms can go fuck themselves

Well, that kinda fits into the whole lesbian thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Lesbians aren't really known for their sense of fashion in fairness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Who asked them?

Honestly I'm sick of some organisations spouting their ****e, no-one gives a **** what you think, whether you popped out a child or not.

Do any of these moms/mums have gay children? I don't like this 'pro-gay' term either. She's just gay, happily married, get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well, that kinda fits into the whole lesbian thing!

I could prove that wrong if I got with a lesbian..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Sindri wrote: »
    Lesbians aren't really known for their sense of fashion in fairness...

Hmmmm you sure about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Homosexuality is still not accepted as a social norm around the world and that's just the truth of the matter. Its a pity Obama wouldn't stand down and let a more capable Democrat run in his place, nobody over here wants to see Romney gain power.

aaronh007 wrote: »

[ ] lesbian
    wrote:
    Heard came out in 2010, at GLAAD's 25th anniversary event.[6] She is dating artist Tasya van Ree.[7][8][9][10] She has said about her sexuality: "I don't label myself one way or another – I have had successful relationships with men and now a woman. I love who I love; it's the person that matters."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

America/Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just means I have a chance :pac: miniscule at best but still, a chance...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

How could anyone have a problem with this?

Also, Kristen Bell. Yeah.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Just means I have a chance :pac: miniscule at best but still, a chance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

One million mums in "Conservative people are stupid" shocker.

/worth my 9000th post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Something fishy about this whole thread if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'd say they dislike her more for that horrible ****ing crab dance she does whenever there's music on her show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I've always had kind of a snakin' regard for Ellen. Often thought it would be nice to play the little Dutch boy and have my finger in the dyke.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I'll be in my bunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Did someone ask one million moms,must have been tedious work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

One million lesbians eh?
    Now that takes some licking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Bunch of bleedin DeGenerates! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

I've a f€ckin problem with her too, she turned Portia de Rossi http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1rzt-NW1ibsPjFvdeFyE7DuYyEgOp7vCj0EosaGd-uADaOjFztQ & I'll never forgive her for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I've a f€ckin problem with her too, she turned Portia de Rossi http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1rzt-NW1ibsPjFvdeFyE7DuYyEgOp7vCj0EosaGd-uADaOjFztQ & I'll never forgive her for that
    It was actually ringo stars step daughter that turned her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 HAAA! HAAA!

Ellen is shyte.

The audience justs laughs at menial **** like its the funniest comedy ever, and then they have that dance thing ...which I can understand to a point...but that also turns into a facepalm. cheezy.

Always a **** joke or three.

I want to slap her like in southpark when terrence and phillip slap brooke shields.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

First video shows the level of stupidity in the states on gay people.

Second just rips them apart :D

One Million Moms, you say? Wonder if there's a MILF in 'em at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Their possible all Sarah Palin clones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

It's scary to think Obama could be replaced by someone who holds similar values to these bigots.

Depends, would the replacement still be as eager for blowing kids to bits in Pakistan as is now the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

People really need to get over themselves tbh
    So, she's gay. big ****ing deal. doesn't change the quality of their clothes does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

There's a link in the ad to a video of a "woman being bullied" at one of their rallies. Needless to say, nothing happens, she's just upset by the prescence of teh gheys :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

One Million Moms can't all be wrong.

Oh wait, yes they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Homosexuality causes rickets. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I hate this backwardness, she is so much more then her sexuality and no-one deserves discrimination based on only that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

One million moms.. One hundred and fifty cnuts more like.

They have a point - Ellen did bring Crystal Swing into the spotlight, so can we really forgive her for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

They have a point - Ellen did bring Crystal Swing into the spotlight, so can we really forgive her for that?

If that was their reasoning it would be brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

not a looker in the bunch
    http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/27531_110492382310049_3233_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Being gay will compulsory soon.How will we explain that to our Grandchildren?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

corktina wrote: »

"Im sorry you dont exist because we were all told to be gay"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

c_man wrote: »
    Depends, would the replacement still be as eager for blowing kids to bits in Pakistan as is now the case?

Yeah, even more so I'd say.

Mom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

There won't be any need to explain. If anyone dares ask, they'll just be handed over to the Gaystapo to be sorted out.:):D:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 93,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Family_Association#One_Million_Moms.2FOne_Million_Dads_project
    The "One Million" in the titles of the projects appears to be a completely arbitrary number, as it is not based on any actual survey of group members, let alone how many members might be mothers or fathers.

That's an old Nazi trick. Pretend you have more members than you actually do. And then pretend they are all voluntary singing from the same hymn sheet. The Bolsheviks also used this trick the name means "Majority"

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/purpose.asp
    We are searching for one million moms who are willing to join the fight for our children.

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/faq.asp
    OneMillionMoms.com is a ministry of the American Family Association and is not affiliated with the Million Mom March organization.

Who is OneMillionMoms.com?
    OneMillionMoms.com is an online project of American Family Association, a 501(c)3
    nonprofit, conservative, pro-family organization based in Tupelo, Mississippi. AFA has been in existence for over 25 years and is a well-respected member of the pro-life and pro-family community. AFA exists to motivate and equip citizens to change the culture to reflect Biblical truth.

Shouldn't we thank a network for airing "good" shows like ABC's Home Makeover?
    In very rare instances, OneMillionMoms recognizes shows that are free from sex, violence, and profanity. However, we must take into account the "dirty" shows that are promoted during commercial breaks, along with the overall tone of the network. Unfortunately, the networks, as a whole, are consistantly offensive to family viewing.

They sound like fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

The Bolsheviks also used this trick the name means "Majority"

And they didn't even have a majority. They just waited until many of their opponents stormed out on an unrelated matter and then proposed a vote that they knew they'd never otherwise win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

RichieC wrote: »
    "Im sorry you dont exist because we were all told to be gay"

yeah that would be the irony, glad you spotted it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 93,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

iguana wrote: »
    And they didn't even have a majority.
    That is the point.

off topic http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/82488.stm
    In the Commons the quorum is 40 Members of Parliament, including the Speaker.
    The quorum in the House of Lords for votes on legislation is 30, but a minimum of three peers, including the Lord Speaker, need to be present for a debate to take place.
    40 out of 650 = 6.15%
    30 out of 753 = 3.98%

Democracy at work.

do these people have nothing better to do

That's an old Nazi trick. Pretend you have more members than you actually do. And then pretend they are all voluntary singing from the same hymn sheet. The Bolsheviks also used this trick the name means "Majority"

Indeed. A more accurate name might be "A Hanful of Bigots".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

bluewolf wrote: »
    do these people have nothing better to do

Well, when you're following traditional Conservative values, I'm assuming not working outside the home frees up an awful lot of time to be all judge-y and stuff.*

*Not a diss on genuine stay-at-home parents, just ones like these who need to get a hobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

She's a popular celebrity whom a company is using as a promotional vehicle - nothing new there. But because she's a lesbian, it's jumping on the "pro-gay bandwagon". Ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement