Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Business Pages

Options
  • 04-02-2012 6:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have set up a business page on facebook for a forum that I have established. Initially I set the page up as a profile and not a business page.

I went through the process of transfering from a private profile page to the business page. Now I am unable to add friends, search for others online or receive PM'S.

I am finding this quite difficult to grasp as the platform has changed when I migrated to the business pages from my old profile. I have downloaded my archive from facebook and I have this saved to my desktop.

My profile says that I have over 180 likes but again I am finding it hard to promote the site as I cant add to or seek to search other business that I would like to share likes with.

I have a private profile for myself on this with all my friends etc but I do not want these linked.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Have you read all of the guides on FB?!

I had to change a profile over for someone and didn't have any of these problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ID@THEWIDOWS

Hi,

I obviously did not understand correctly what I was doing. I would not be amazing on computers. The migration from the site did not occur as I would have liked.

When I migrated a brand new business page opened up and it said that I had 180 likes but no threads came up on the business page. The old page seems to have been cancelled on me. So what I have now when I log in is just a place where I can write in stuff but I cant see any options to add people, apps etc.

I cant see who I share networks with and that. I do not want to use my personal profile as I am set up abroad and many of my contact in Ireland dont live in the new area.

Any assistance in this regard would be very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

What way are the privacy settings set up?! Do you have them set to Public?!

For the 180 likes can you see those people?! Do they come up in the search bar?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dekeed

From what I understand you have to set up a personal account first.. then you add a page on this for your business. You can't add friends on a business account though if you've got 180 likes and your not too clued into FB... you're doing great!

Hope it goes well for you.
    Dekeed

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I don't a business page can add people. Its to prevent you adding loads of people and shilling etc.
    The people that have liked you. They'll recieve updates on your comments, so update that way. Get people to cirulate the business page etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 dekeed

Thanks for the input. Since your reply I set up a small add on facebook and the number of likes I received are up 400% (albeit from almost nothing while waiting for osmosis to kick in). But I'm going to build on this by adding informative content - Tx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Mellor wrote: »
    I don't a business page can add people. Its to prevent you adding loads of people and shilling etc.
    The people that have liked you. They'll recieve updates on your comments, so update that way. Get people to cirulate the business page etc

They'll only receive your updates as long as they engage with your page!

If you are migrating a Page from a Profile, only the Likes will migrate and none of your content (comments, photos etc.)

You can't add friends people to a Page, people need to add you i.e. Like you.

You can add apps that are appropriate for pages through the admin console.

You can monitor all your Fan activity through Insights.

Advertisement