Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do i have free internet on my phone?

Options
  • 04-02-2012 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

so i got a new phone y-day on meteor and this morning i got a text saying i will soon receive free meteor wap,mms and streaming settings for my phone. to begin these services click accept straight away!
    so i did that (i think)
    then i got another text saying my phone is now set up to enjoy meteor services. see the website for data charges.

can someone please explain what all that means..? do i have free internet or am i just able to get internet on it..?
    (ita s nokia c3 btw)
    :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

so i got a new phone y-day on meteor and this morning i got a text saying i will soon receive free meteor wap,mms and streaming settings for my phone. to begin these services click accept straight away!
    so i did that (i think)
    then i got another text saying my phone is now set up to enjoy meteor services. see the website for data charges.

can someone please explain what all that means..? do i have free internet or am i just able to get internet on it..?
    (ita s nokia c3 btw)
    :)

Not free - their charges are here: http://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/internet-add-ons/.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

No, what they did was send the settings for your phone to access the meteor browsing server, they were kind enough to point out that they weren't charging you for sending out the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Usually, any time the mobile network detects you've put your SIM card in a different phone this message will be sent to you automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jondo12

When your free internet runs out you will be charged for internet every day whether you use it or not. Thats if you are on pay as you go. I think its about 60c a day. This is because the phone keeps updating automatically. I had to have mobile internet disabled on my nokia c3 which also prevents you from receiving MMS. You can still use wi-fi. There are several posts on various sites claiming that you can turn it off in settings but meteor advised me to disable mobile internet as this doesnt seem to work. I dont know why more people are not on here talking about this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'd say people aren't taking about it because it's not really a problem. It's not true to say that "you will be charged for internet every day whether you use it or not". You were charged because your phone was connecting to the internet in the background, i.e. you used it. The only problem was the settings on your phone

And you can disable mobile internet without disabling MMS. The internet and MMS settings can be added separately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement