Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATHLONE CHINESE HUB

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

darokane wrote: »
    Which comment was libellous?

Your unproven accusation of racism.

Next you will be enlightening us that Work Permit Schemes are Racist too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Your unproven accusation of racism.

Ah well, At least the fact that you are illiterate would not be considered libellous

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

The headline in the Westmeath independent suggests there will be a rival Chinese hub in Liverpool.

So your in an office in Beijing and the choice is Athlone or Liverpool where do you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

slowharry wrote: »

So your in an office in Beijing and the choice is Athlone or Liverpool where do you go?
    Yeah simple choice really.
    ATHLONE of course.
    No cookhouse in Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

plus we have a better local soccer team

• Advertisement

darokane wrote: »
    Ah well, At least the fact that you are illiterate would not be considered libellous

Are you sure about that. You have been asked already to point out the "racist" comments.

You have failed to do so. Unless, you think illiterate is a form of racism too?

You are unable (and certainly incapable) of backing up your comments, you should be very careful with the labels that you use in the future. It only makes you look like the bigger twat that you are. Go with grace, you have nothing to say, shut up.

I put it too you, you have made a libelous remark. You now have the opportunity to prove your point or take back what was said by you.

As for the illiterate, I can tell you, that is not the case once one is not using a mobile to respond to retarded comments from you.

Secondly, even if I was, I would rather be an illiterate, and understand the actual words that I use and their proper meaning . I would also rather be an illiterate than an idiot like you who would insist on entering discussions that are way out of his knowledge or ability to understand.

No use being able to spell fancy words and act more carefully when typing , if we all act like you and show an incapability of stringing along a remotely intelligent thought.

Stick to the more simple things in life will you.

deccurley wrote: »
    plus we have a better local soccer team

We would have had a decent local soccer team if the "Stars" of School Boy League did not become big headed and continued playing, knocked off the booze a bit and had a decent set of coaches to have kept them interested.

Chinese are crap at football anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Are you sure about that. You have been asked already to point out the "racist" comments.

You have failed to do so. Unless, you think illiterate is a form of racism too?

You are unable (and certainly incapable) of backing up your comments, you should be very careful with the labels that you use in the future. It only makes you look like the bigger twat that you are. Go with grace, you have nothing to say, shut up.

I put it too you, you have made a libelous remark. You now have the opportunity to prove your point or take back what was said by you.

As for the illiterate, I can tell you, that is not the case once one is not using a mobile to respond to retarded comments from you.

Secondly, even if I was, I would rather be an illiterate, and understand the actual words that I use and their proper meaning . I would also rather be an illiterate than an idiot like you who would insist on entering discussions that are way out of his knowledge or ability to understand.

No use being able to spell fancy words and act more carefully when typing , if we all act like you and show an incapability of stringing along a remotely intelligent thought.

Stick to the more simple things in life will you.

:rolleyes:
    WheelTrainAndWindingTrain.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

We would have had a decent local soccer team if the "Stars" of School Boy League did not become big headed and continued playing, knocked off the booze a bit and had a decent set of coaches to have kept them interested.

Chinese are crap at football anyway.

I agree, some fine local talent went down the toilet. But they're still better than Liverpool ;)

deccurley wrote: »
    I agree, some fine local talent went down the toilet. But they're still better than Liverpool ;)

Well, with Athlone Town getting the finger out and helping with U17 and U18 teams and putting them into the Dublin Leagues, at least that is a start.

Agreed, they are still better than Liverpool, I nearly had a heart attack believing that you were comparing the Athlonians to the Scouse, Athlonians win every day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭roosterman71

This thread is gone to the dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

*woof* *woof*

*bow* *ow* *ow*

This thread is gone to the dogs
    That's number 127 on the menu!

That's number 127 on the menu!

Now that's racism;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Worked with a Chinese fella before and he was telling us that they farm dogs to eat, nothing racist there!

whyulittle wrote: »
    Worked with a Chinese fella before and he was telling us that they farm dogs to eat, nothing racist there!

I think it is, just my opinion, i grew up in London where it was common to link Irishness with stupidity and road digging, gets a bit boring after awhile, I'm sure Someone from China who has eaten more sheep than sheep dog would be as tired of hearing about dog eatting as I am of hearing about thick micks.

gary71 wrote: »
    I think it is, just my opinion, i grew up in London where it was common to link Irishness with stupidity and road digging, gets a bit boring after awhile, I'm sure Someone from China who has eaten more sheep than sheep dog would be as tired of hearing about dog eatting as I am of hearing about thick micks.
    It's a bit like being sensitive about being called Irish because you eat bacon!

There's nothing wrong about joking about additional items on the menu which in another country would be there for real!

Anyway, anybody know who is going to pony* up the cash for this project?

*Number 27 in a Belgium restaurant. ;)

There's nothing wrong about joking about additional items on the menu which in another country would be there for real!

Sensitivity is relative to the amount of racism experienced, if you can't see how a reference to eating dogs in a Chinese thread could be offensive then that's fine you carry on with your culinary charm:D

gary71 wrote: »

Sensitivity is relative to the amount of racism experienced, if you can't see how a reference to eating dogs in a Chinese thread could be offensive then that's fine you carry on with your culinary charm:D
    Indians find us eating beef as horrible. The cow is sacred in India. Its all relative. Sure don't the French eat snails.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭finky1

when i order steak in a restarant ihope i dont get dog

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

finky1 wrote: »
    when i order steak in a restarant ihope i dont get dog
    Live horse, eat grass.
    Live Chinese, eat dog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Lol athlonelad doesnt get it

There wont be any irish working in the construction of it.

This is correct. The Chinese will ship in their own cheap labour, that is just their way of doing things. No frills, no after business golf and drinking trips.

Don't be offended.

Lol athlonelad doesnt get it

There wont be any irish working in the construction of it.

This is correct. The Chinese will ship in their own cheap labour, that is just their way of doing things. No frills, no after business golf and drinking trips.

Don't be offended.
    Not even a quick stop at kilmartins 24hour for a mars bar and a packet of crisps...
    LOL....

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Franticfrank

I read somewhere that quite alot of the construction jobs will be Irish. The Chinese lads will ship in their own guys to run the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

I read somewhere that quite alot of the construction jobs will be Irish.

I heard that the construction jobs will turn out to be entirely theoretical, so I wouldn't get too excited.

oh no its going ahead alright. most shops and pubs are even accepting Chinese Yuan and traveller cheques now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

athlonelad wrote: »
    oh no its going ahead alright. most shops and pubs are even accepting Chinese Yuan and traveller cheques now

Which shops...this is the first I have heard of this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

Wow, so the ink is barely dry on just the planning permission approval and the influx of Chinese currency (oh yeah and Chinese people) has begun already? Wow what a happening country we are, sure we'll be out if this irritating little recession before you can say 'You'll never beat the Irish'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

LLU wrote: »
    Wow, so the ink is barely dry on just the planning permission approval and the influx of Chinese currency (oh yeah and Chinese people) has begun already? Wow what a happening country we are, sure we'll be out if this irritating little recession before you can say '你永远不会击败爱尔兰'.

fyp :p

• Advertisement

Which shops...this is the first I have heard of this??
    Yep the ones that are predicting the collapse of the €uro of course. I'm opening a noodle bar. Gonna clean up... 10 Yuans a bowl.

Advertisement