Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booties in a bricks & mortar

Options
  • 04-02-2012 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Can anyone recommend a good warm pair of booties that can be bought & tried on in a shop?
    Maybe tubes in Limerick or somewhere in Lahinch?
    My feet seem to get real cold these days.
    Any savings to be made by buying online?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Can anyone recommend a good warm pair of booties that can be bought & tried on in a shop?
    Maybe tubes in Limerick or somewhere in Lahinch?
    My feet seem to get real cold these days.
    Any savings to be made by buying online?
    Thanks!
    I have a pair of Quiksilver 6mm booties. Got them in Tubes in Limerick. They're split-toe on the inside but look like a round toe on the outside so no water leaks in between the toes. They're definitely the warmest booties I've ever worn. My mate got the same ones and he said the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Surf_Pointer

I find my c-skins wired booties to be great! they're 6mm and not too pricey! not too sure where you can buy them but they seem to be in a lot of surf shops!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't get Rip Curl Flash Dry anyway, got them barely a month ago and the neoprene is already ripping in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

I got the Ripcurl in May 2010, not sure what they're called? Core?

Anyway, the right one, the velcro strap on the bottom ripped off after a couple of weeks. The rest is fine but didn't expect a fault like that. I always wash them out too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

keryl wrote: »
    I got the Ripcurl in May 2010, not sure what they're called? Core?

Anyway, the right one, the velcro strap on the bottom ripped off after a couple of weeks. The rest is fine but didn't expect a fault like that. I always wash them out too.

the neoprene just above the velcro above the ankle was where they both went on me. Will get C-Skins next time I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Had always worn PsychoII split toes until I got my leash wrapped around my big toe and did a bit of damage to it.... (not exactly sure what I damaged but two years later it still hurts like hell when I put my foot into a pair of split-toe booties).

I'd recommend these. http://www.lahinchsurfshop.com/alder-plasma-7mm-booties/wa6f18pd.html
    Internal Split-toe; pretty reasonably priced; really really warm and if you can handle your feet resembling a platypus' appendage they are pretty good.
    Available at Lahinch Surf Shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

I had that with my little toe, leash got caught in between (during summer, no boots) and it hurts still, that must be well over a year ago. weird.

The one good thing about the rip curl I have is the split toe is hidden, so that business with the leash can't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭locomo

I find my c-skins wired booties to be great! they're 6mm and not too pricey! not too sure where you can buy them but they seem to be in a lot of surf shops!

They are 6.5mm and really good, I have a pair I got in Sligo. http://www.sunset.ie/cat/wetsuits_boots2

A bit too warm and thick ideally for the late Spring /summer/autumn, but I have a thinner pair of c-skins boots for then.

Advertisement