Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I don't know the guy, but I live close enough to that area and I've friends in DCU so I've shared the pic on my Facebook, in the hope that someone I'm friends with has seen him.

If any more public searches are being organised I'd be more than happy to help out in anyway I can.

Hope he's found safe and well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

I knew Paul a few years back and he was a sound lad. Fairly reserved but a funny fella all the same. Best of luck and I seriously hope he turns up soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Creadak

Thank you, if there's anything being organised, I'll be sure to post the details in the morning, for now we're playing by ear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I saw it on Facebook earlier. I don't know him personally, but he's a friend of a friend. Hope he's alright and he just needed to take a break :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Jaysus, hope Bunbun is found safe and sound asap. I let my brother know as my family still live in the area so they should hopefully spread the word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm near Swords this evening, if you are organising a search party and need an extra pair of hands, please post!

Hope he is found.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

I don't know Paul but my brother does and I'm a former DCU student myself. I hope he's found soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Anyway to check his location before his phone was switched off? Presume thats more of a job for Gardai than friends, but good luck in finding him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Have all his friends in town been contacted?

Can you list the places and activities associated with town with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Hey guys,

I'm a C&Her (Closed my account a few weeks ago, opened a new one when I heard about Paul) and I've been spreading the word around Twitter since yesterday.

A journalist from The Sun messaged me about him and said she'd help get some exposure that could help with him being found. I passed on his basic info and the picture, but if any of his friends/family want to get in contact with her, she says feel free to email her at:

nicola.bardon@the-sun.ie

Noel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 chrissym

Maybe you could ask the network about his call or text history and see when he last used his phone and who he talked to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Brief mention of him on the Irish Times website (at the end of an article on another teen that has gone missing) - surely they could have put up his photo too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Saw this photo on being shared on Facebook but didn't know it was Pygmalion. Hope he's found safe and soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Journal.ie article on Paul and other missing teen Neidín Kearns

Full description, including what he was wearing when he was last seen. Good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

The journalist from The Sun just got in contact and said she's been in contact with Dublin Bus and they're going to run through all the footage they can get their hands on now.. hopefully it'll find something!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tnkrbell

Theres also a bit about him on rte website along with the other teenager that's missing. Hopefully students return this evening to campus may have some information

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Good to see that the word is being spread well and is now making it into newspapers and the media (even if Thejournal.ie have his name wrong). Hopefully he turns up soon, safe and sound and sees the effort his friends an family are goin to to find him.

Please do try and keep us updated on here with any news.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

Any plans for tomorrow guys? Or just hoping he shows up in the labs tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

andyman wrote: »
    Journal.ie article on Paul and other missing teen Neidín Kearns

Full description, including what he was wearing when he was last seen. Good work.

Neidin Kearns has been found. Hopefully Paul is also safe and well.

http://crime.ie/crimes/20120205/found-missing-person-neidin-kearns/#.Ty75bVx68U0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Any chance of printing off some photos and placing them in the bus shelters around DCU?

Did he use the bus regularly? If so any chance that he could be using a leap card. I'm guessing these can be traced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭JemimaPD

Not trying to sound stupid and/or mad but has anyone gone as far as the Ballymun flats to look for him.

I was a Census Enumerator for the area in and around the Travelodge and access to several flats was very easy as the doors for some of the flats didnt exist and I've even witnessed some kids hanging out of the windows in the upper flats.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hey guys,

This facebook page came up on my news-feed.

Its a Find Paul facebook page.

Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Paul-Bunbury/344019265618990?sk=wall&filter=1

If people ''like'' this page it could hopefully spread the word.

Be sure to share it as a link on your own pages too.

Really hope he turns up ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

So sad to hear about Paul going missing. I don't know him personally but I have friends who do and I've seen him in the Nubar a few times. I'm in Pats myself so I've posted his picture on the Pats SU facebook page so hopefully everyone in Pats will keep an eye out for him in the Drumcondra area. Are there any new searches going ahead? I'll definitely lend a hand if there are. Hope he's found safe and sound very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Just sent a mail out to all DCU/SPD/MDI staff requesting help and made a requested for an all students mail to President Brian MacCraith which he should read first thing in the morning.

Hope Paul returns back safe and sound.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Just want to lend my voice of support in the hope that he's found safe and well.

If you're reading this Paul, please just make contact with someone.. anyone.. just to let them know you're alright. Your privacy will be respected the second the people who love you know you're ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I hope he is found soon, safe & well.

I've got it shared on my facebook - but noticed there was a piece on the 3rd page of the Metro paper this morning, loads of people read that so fingers crossed someone somewhere will recognise him and maybe have some information.

Any chance of printing off some photos and placing them in the bus shelters around DCU?

Posters are in place on the Ballymun Road bus shelter outside DCU, as well as in all the establishments on that corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

http://i.imgur.com/VlHPq.jpg

A link to the poster. No matter where in Ireland you are please put it up and spread the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭KH25

I hope Paul is found very soon. His brother is a good friend of mine and I met Paul once through him. I've been sharing the poster and the find paul page through Facebook and twitter and have asked my friends to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sudzy

Just received an email that has been sent to the enitre sutdent body at NUI Maynooth. Hope he turns up safe!

Advertisement